Steam Greenlight
Greenlight
What is the best way to greenlight a project and what files would a developer need to submit to valve. My stepson is 15 and has asbergers, he has been working on his game for two years and would like to greenlight it. He is doing everything himself.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 17 σχόλια
Best way (I think) is get the word out. Go through social media, maybe offer a demo of some kind; anything that could potentially get more people to vote for it.

By the way, it's "Asperger's". Sorry, I'm a corrector.
I always mispell it thanks for the help, much appreciated
The best way is a popular, high quality product. Failing that, creating a "Buzz" around the game by sending free copies to various youtubers, magazines/ezines, websites, etc.
Also, build a following. Having not seen the game, I don't know where to start with specifics.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από =HOH=Gonzo619:
What is the best way to greenlight a project and what files would a developer need to submit to valve. My stepson is 15 and has asbergers, he has been working on his game for two years and would like to greenlight it. He is doing everything himself.
You don't really need to send any gamefiles to Valve to put the game on greenligt. You will need a vid, some screenshots and a description/sales pitch for your game.

I suggest clicking either "about Greenlight" or the little green button called "submit your item" in the greenlight banner at the top of this page for more specific information.
Thank you to everyone for the great input. I am doing all his graphic design and sales pitches so this is great to know. All of your input is very appreciated.
Not gonna lie I believe it will be difficult for him to get on Steam but if you don,t try ..........
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από jeslyck:
Not gonna lie I believe it will be difficult for him to get on Steam but if you don,t try ..........

I'm a bit curious how you could reach that conclusion with absolutely zero information about the game itself.

Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από wilco64256:

I'm a bit curious how you could reach that conclusion with absolutely zero information about the game itself.
prejudice, premature assumptions and a preposterously glass half empty outlook on life :p

Just like me when I make this comment about Jeslyck^^
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 16 Αυγ 2013, 10:29
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από GorlomSwe:

prejudice, premature assumptions and a preposterously glass half empty outlook on life :p

Pardon me I'm not good at being politically correct but honest, this should not be about me I'm boring..

Pardon me I'm not good at being politically correct but honest, this should not be about me I'm boring..
THis has nothing to do with being politically correct or not. You know nothing about the game yet still make hasty judgements.

Have you read about "great little war games "success" story? http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/13/great-little-war-game-postmortem-what-went-right-and-the-perils-of-launching-without-a-plan-for-budget-and-pr/

Ahything can happen apparently. :p

But instead of responding to me could you answer wilco:

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 16 Αυγ 2013, 13:09

THis has nothing to do with being politically correct or not. You know nothing about the game yet still make hasty judgements.

Have you read about "great little war games "success" story? http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/13/great-little-war-game-postmortem-what-went-right-and-the-perils-of-launching-without-a-plan-for-budget-and-pr/

Ahything can happen apparently. :p

But instead of responding to me could you answer wilco:

Only 8-10% of all games are being greenlightet then his young age also play a role.
But it was not it my intention to discourage him on the contrary,if you do not try it you never know.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Mindwedge:
(assuming you're correct in your number)
140 games Greenlit with 1420 titles currently in the que. so 140/1560 = 0.09
8-10% seems to be pretty accurate at the current time.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 16 Αυγ 2013, 22:36
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 17 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 13 Αυγ 2013, 11:57
Αναρτήσεις: 17