Steam Greenlight
Critical Point Incursion releases gameplay footage.
You guys have really wanted to see some gameplay footage so we have just delievered it.

If you abstained from voting please cast your votes now :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92955708

I would really appreciate it if you guys share this on your social networks to get us out there :)
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 17 kommentista
Awesome in game footage. Brilliant work
Looks amazing, looking forward to play this game.
aRny 15.10.2012 klo 4.07 
It has taken a lot of blood sweat and tears to come this far.

We would appreciate if the STEAM community, especially those that SKIPPED or only favouritised our game since we had no video content, now come back and give us your THUMBS UP.

Every little helps! We wont let you down.
aRny 15.10.2012 klo 8.31 
Mindwedge lähetti viestin:
Yep, did that already.
thanks alot Mindwedge

@ All the video is also available on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BoyKO19NKc&feature=plcp and feel free to join our forums for further discussions: http://criticalpointgame.com/forum/
Viimeisin muokkaaja on aRny; 15.10.2012 klo 8.56
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 2.36 
what dev video would you like to see next?
we have plans to show our:

- laser dot (how it works, interacts with the environment and players)
- armour system
- hit point system
- character animation
- HUD UI
- Weapons
- Gameplay

Join up on our forums and make your vote!
http://criticalpointgame.com/forum/general-discussion/vote-for-the-next-dev-video/
Viimeisin muokkaaja on aRny; 16.10.2012 klo 2.52
{dTa}aRny lähetti viestin:
what dev video would you like to see next?
we have plans to show our:

- laser dot (how it works, interacts with the environment and players)
- armour system
- hit point system
- character animation
- HUD UI
- Weapons

Join up on our forums and make your vote!
http://criticalpointgame.com/forum/general-discussion/vote-for-the-next-dev-video/
there is a thread wheer people have been discussing different vids and how they worked or didn't: Protips for a greenlight video. It may be useful to you.
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 2.52 
yes that does, ill add that to the list. although "gameplay" is very broad.. what do you think that should cover?
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 2.54 
C0untzer0 lähetti viestin:

there is a thread wheer people have been discussing different vids and how they worked or didn't: Protips for a greenlight video. It may be useful to you.
ah i just found it. thanks!
Viimeisin muokkaaja on aRny; 16.10.2012 klo 2.55
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 3.01 
@ c0untzero
I read the thread but we did that already for our trailer, showing pure gameplay, unless i missed something.

Quote:
"PROTIPS for making good trailers for your greenlight project
1. Stop making me wait through 30 seconds of logos and text.
2. Show me your game.
3. Really, just make a montage of gameplay video.
4. If you really insist on having your logo in there put it on the end of the trailer with your game's name.
5. I don't care what you've decided to name your 1-3 person development team.
6. I'm serious, if I'm watching the trailer of your game I want to see your game not your logo and bad story which I'll probably end up ignoring 90% of the time while I play your game anyways. "

Now that our initial pre-alpha trailer is out, i was more wondering what would the community like to see up close, in more detail. Game mechanics, objectives, looking at the buying, selling systems, hit recognition.. god knows :)

its open for debate, so if theres something you or anyone else wants to see more of. let us know.
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 3.04 
Mindwedge lähetti viestin:
Much of what's in your trailer is exactly right. The feeling I got was that the "fancy work" on the front end is what people were harping on. Perhaps just straight gameplay first (in your next vid of course), but show how you use cover and so forth. Then technicals like how the NPCs react to being shot or shot at. A lot of folks like to see the internals of how things are made too. It makse them (me at least) feel involved in the creative process, if only vicariously.

I disagree with the harping about traditional trailers though. Folks may not realize it, but traditional trailer video is meant to set a mood and this video does that well too. I can scrub past the opening credits on the timeline just fine when I'm in a hurry.

yup sounds good (sorry for double post.. theres some kind of delay here!)
The DEV video could show ingame footage, slowed down, looking at the movement, crouching with some voice over lay explaining whats going on, how it works. Perhaps including some geeky stats on "how our bullets are fired, the accuracy, hit effects, damage multiplying" etc..
aRny 16.10.2012 klo 3.13 
added to the list :) thanks for the suggestion! it got me thinking.. which can be dangerous for the team (more work for them haha)
Personally I find it cuts between shots a little too quickly. I think the discussion settled on about 30 seconds of a level being about right for "Immersion" into the game.
If there are different ways of dealing with the same situation you may want to show e.g. sneaking behind ant making a silent kill on a guard, taking out the same guard at extreme range with a longarm, and finally the all out assault with shotgun or AK.
Show the different modes clearly.

also, what wedge said, you know why your baby's special. Show me, but remember to be clear.
We differ from the competition by having no unlockables, no RPG's, no claymores, no tanks, jets or other vehicles. No spotting of enemies, no gimmicks affecting reloading, no influence on aiming, and no movement hit penalties when shot!

this could be your next vid. If it's important enough to make your description, go into depth.

maybe something like the "Meet the heavy"etc for TF2?

Ironically, people who don't like a 3 minute video will be happy to watch half a dozen 45 second clips.

(btw, greenlight submissions technically need 4 still shots to qualify.)
I also felt that greenlight is sorely missing a "new" flag or "updated". Currently we have one shot to get people to like/say yes to our game, but alot of people abstained and now we have no way of telling them "hey we got an update" other than posting in the main greenlight forums and hoping they are still reading them :).
aRny 19.10.2012 klo 1.27 
The community voted on our forums and it seems to be so far that they want to see our "hitpoint" damage system in more detail next. We will work on that, showing you how the firing system works, accuracy of the bullets, how this is calculated, together with and without armour. Working out the mitigation, multiplying factor for headshots and so on.

Theres no ETA on that but that is next inline.
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 17 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 15.10.2012 klo 2.40