Beta-1.2.14 is out! This is mostly a hotfix for a few character import issues.
If you think you have found a bug, please check that the bug is not in the Known Issues list before reporting (see below).
We're getting close to the end of beta. Please send your feedback now.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT OLD SAVE GAMES
To make it possible to transfer characters between mods, the way portraits are stored in save games has been changed. Therefore portraits of some old save games may show as grey boxes. To fix this, load the save game and resave it with the latest version of the game.
Also characters imported from an old save game that was saved with 1.2.13 or older version of the game, may have slightly incorrect stats. Again to fix this, you can load the save game and resave it with the latest version of the game before importing the characters.
Changes since beta-1.2.13:
- added new scripting functions: WallText:getWallText() and Item:getScrollText()
- imported characters' health, energy, conditions and food meter are restored to default values
- bug fix: importing characters doesn't import custom portraits
- bug fix: item stat modifiers are not removed when importing characters
- bug fix: crash when importing a save game that refers to portraits stored inside a mod
- clicking "resume" from the pause menu throws away the item on the mouse cursor
- if you give setMouseItem() an item that's placed already somewhere on the level, and then player tries to place that item on the ground, the game crashes "item is already placed".
- cloned Orb of Radiance does not glow
- cloned Uggardian does not have the flame effect
- cloned cube crashes the editor
- setMouseItem(spawn("dagger")) and variants do not work from console (scripts work ok)
- won't fix: tables can't be used as table keys in scripts (causes save game serialization error)
- won't fix: objects that are not anchored to level or party are garbage collected, e.g.
Code: Select all
gem = spawn("blue_gem")print(gem.name)
-- This prints: blue_gem
--> error: bad object
To workaround this, the spawned item should be added to a level, set as mouse item or inserted to an inventory slot.
The beta update also fixes the following issues in the main game (the original Legend of Grimrock dungeon):
- added check for unnamed prisoners in character generation
- bug fix: mouse look does not work when standing in front of a wall tapestry
- bug fix: when importing a custom portrait, the original portrait becomes "locked" and can't be chosen for other characters
- bug fix: on screen exp indicator displays an incorrect amount of exp when killing an advanced monster with level greater than 1
- bug fix: no exp is gained if a monster is killed by Dismantler's lightning effect or Icefall Hammer's frost burst effect
- bug fix: when the cube crushes a monster, monster's death effect is played multiple times if the cube moves back and forth
- bug fix: game refuses to start if the documents folder is mapped to a network location
- bug fix: "Level up!" text above attack frames does not scale with resolution
- bug fix: tooltips are buggy in 2560x1600 resolution
- bug fix: exp is awarded to wrong characters if party marching order is changed before damage is dealt (e.g. cast fireball, reorder champions before fireball kills a monster)