Steam Greenlight
Este tópico foi trancado
johnny_m_j 8/dez./2012 às 15:41
35 downvotes, no upvotes. Here's why
1. On my first queue, I almost exclusively got adventures. Ok, after setting options, new queue, I still get adventures. I HATE adventure games.
2. Pre-Alphas. Really? We're supposed to vote on that?
3. Horrible graphics on lots of games. I don't demand top notch graphics in my games, but when it looks like a NES game from the 80s, then it's dead to me.
4. Videos with morons who are not used to be in front of a camera. Give me GAME footage, not some nerds trying to convince me by talk.
5. Devs who tags their games with multiple cathegories. Simple sidescrolling shooters are appearently RPGs and several other things too now...
6. Indie games. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to support indie companies, in theory. But most of these games looks like crappy school projects, which I will not support.

35 games reviewed isn't really that much, I know. But every single one of them has at least one of the issues on my list. I'll leave the votings to the rest of you, I've completely lost interest in the greenlight project.
< >
Exibindo comentários 16 de 6
Bouncer 8/dez./2012 às 16:05 
I know your problem, but it ain't exactly new that Greenlight is full of incredibly crappy games. For every good game there's 30 bad ones. And if that good game happens to be in a genre you're not interested in, yeah, chances are you can go through 100 games and not find anything interesting.
Última edição por Bouncer; 8/dez./2012 às 16:05
Cheeky Nando 8/dez./2012 às 18:07 
Well my friend, it appears to be that you have very poor taste in video games.

1. You exclusively hate a single genre for no reason whatsoever.

2. Yes, you're supposed to vote on pre-alphas. It's up to the developer to decide whether or not they're product is ready to show. If they think it's ready, then they can put it out there and show off what they have.

3. Greenlight is not for AAA games, it is for indie games, small teams with small budgets. Anybody whining about graphics should be killed, you are the bane of the earth. Just because something isn't super-realistic and high-resolution doesn't mean it's god-awful.

4. They want to describe what they're planning for the game, they want you to know what the game can be instead of just shoving cinematic trailers and out of context pre-alpha gameplay in your face.

5. Greenlight is a place for genre-combinations, a place for innovation. There are so many great games that are combinations of genres. This point is just arrogant and short-sighted.

6. As I said, small teams, small budget, pre-alpha, they have potential and are unfinished. Very few games here are actually done, and many games are still using place-holder graphics.

You are a rapscallion and a scoundrel. Good day sir.
wilco64256 8/dez./2012 às 21:52 
If you were expecting the games in Greenlight to be primarily of a high quality then that was an unfortunate bad assumption on your part. Really a majority of the games in the list are still from before the fee was implemented so there's a lot of stuff in the system that really wouldn't even be there if the fee had existed from day one.

Valve never used to charge anything for submissions, so they probably had a constant flood of this type of stuff coming through their door, which likely explains why some things didn't get the look they really deserved the first time through.

So far you've looked at less than 5% of the projects in the system and you're making a judgment based on that? Really you ought to put in a bit more effort than that.
C0untzer0 9/dez./2012 às 0:46 
However will greenlight get by without you? Oh, right, better.
Última edição por C0untzer0; 9/dez./2012 às 6:04
GSoda 9/dez./2012 às 2:18 
I kind of share his opinion on the poor graphics some of these projects have, though. Waaaaayyy to many "retro" "8bit" projects out there. 99% of them just come of as lazy "why spend money on graphics ?" tactic. Even indie games should have a minimum of production value.

Also his point on many devs mislabeling their projects stands. I hate only cheking the "RPG" box, but still finding ~70% of my queue to be non-rpg projects.
Última edição por GSoda; 9/dez./2012 às 2:20
jeslyck 9/dez./2012 às 3:32 
Opinions are like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ everyone got one, but you do not always need to show it.
Última edição por jeslyck; 9/dez./2012 às 3:33
< >
Exibindo comentários 16 de 6
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 8/dez./2012 às 15:41