Steam Greenlight
Could you add this!?
Could you add command and conquer generals to steam green light?
< >
Beiträge 18 von 8
Nope.

Noone except the guys that has the right do distribute the game can do that. (either the devs or the distributer of the game)

Valve has their hands full with the thousand+ games already on greenlight so they won't really go looking for starting up negotiations with righhts holders to let Valve distribute their game. They are big enough to have people come to them,.
What you want to do is email the devs of the game or something.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gorlom[Swe]; 22. März 2013 um 9:44
You have to go to Origin, and get the ultimate c+c collection, all 17 titles so far, all for £12.49
The publisher (EA) is NEVER going to put themselves through GreenLight, but they may release some more of their back catalogue over GOG.com in the near future.
jeslyck 22. März 2013 um 11:00 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von C0untzer0:
You have to go to Origin, and get the ultimate c+c collection, all 17 titles so far, all for £12.49
The publisher (EA) is NEVER going to put themselves through GreenLight, but they may release some more of their back catalogue over GOG.com in the near future.

It looks like you can buy EA products everywhere else then Steam it makes no sense to me.
comand conquer on steam is cool haha
C0untzer0 22. März 2013 um 11:20 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von jeslyck:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von C0untzer0:
It looks like you can buy EA products everywhere else then Steam it makes no sense to me.
It's quite simple, at least in Theory:
EA's older, "Legacy" games, for example those they acquired with Bullfrog (Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper) have been updated, and are sold on GOG.com, because they are Good Old Games.
EA's games which were released (or contracted for release) before the launch of Origin, are on steam.
EA's games are being made available on Origin as a priority, as they feel it's better to avoid paying somebody else a royalty, and that helps them to keep prices down.
EA would basically be dumb to put anything on Steam now. To do so would be to compete with themselves and their own service.
C0untzer0 22. März 2013 um 12:19 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von wilco64256:
EA would basically be dumb to put anything on Steam now. To do so would be to compete with themselves and their own service.
Certainly for the first 6 months (or however long it remains a "Hot" title.) there's probably a point when the game no longer pulls traffic to your site and it's worth looking elsewhere. I could be wrong, what I was told about business at college was "That's for the guy with your cheque, you focus on meeting your brief and your deadline", lol.
jeslyck 22. März 2013 um 13:44 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von wilco64256:

It is my understanding that they have their new games, on other platforms except Steam. Maby those are not as user-friendly and big as Steam, and that makes the difference.
< >
Beiträge 18 von 8
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 22. März 2013 um 8:46