Steam Greenlight
What happened to 7 Days to Die?
I was looking for the game in greenlight and I couldn't find it because I was gonna ask what the game devs were gonna do for the people who bought the game before it was released on steam.
Did it get taken off? Any info as to what happened would be appreciated.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-10 จาก 10 ความเห็น
I did a search for 7 days to die on this forum and found an old link to their greenlight page.

When I clicked it I got this message:
Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item has been banned for either violating the Steam Terms of Service or the Terms of Service for Greenlight.
Further sweep suggests that they were using a Killing Floor asset and thus were in violation of a copyright.
Apparently they were using an art asset from Killing Floor (someone else had taken it from Tripwire's SDK and were selling it on the Unity asset store), were informed of such, didn't remove/replace it, so Tripwire issued a DMCA takedown and it looks like the game was taken down.
Thankyou for posting, I wanted that game through steam, I wondered where it went
If it's a single asset, it shouldn't have been any problem at all to have simply replaced it with something else. That they refused to do so to the point that it got pulled as a result is rather baffling.
Unity userbase is full of chancers and scammers. For some reason that engine seems to attract a certain type of person. Possibly because its so easy to use.
Thats a big bummer i realy want to buy that game
This is what their staff posted on the game forums.

The Recent DMCA takedown and ban on Steam
Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Hi guys.

As some of you may have noticed there was a DMCA Takedown request filed on steam and currently our page has been banned.
We're working to sort this out and are actively dealing with the lawyers and such to have the issue resolved.
Long story short a model was sold on the Unity Store that we purchased which should not have been released on the Unity Store.

We'll be releasing an update with the asset remove soon.

As for the Steam ban we're working with them to have this issue resolved as well.

A small little update on the upcoming content update. We're working hard to get everything finished and stable for release. We're hoping to release very soon if everything goes as planned (fingers crossed) In the mean time I would like to apologize for all the waiting you guys are having for this update. Please try bare with us though. It'll be worth the wait.

As always, thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Love from Grimmycakes

http://i.imgur.com/fOpPwXo.png

PS, as a little sorry I thought you might like an amusing cactus I stumbled upon. http://i.imgur.com/675v4Po.png
I am the Grim Reaper. And I eat people \o/

http://7daystodie.com/forums/forum/the-pimps-talk/announcements/113968-the-recent-dmca-takedown-and-ban-on-steam
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย ForceLima; 23 ต.ค. 2013 @ 8: 04am
Surprising that it took them so long to get round to it. It shouldn't have taken long to remove/replace the asset when they were informed about it, nevermind letting it get to having a DMCA issued and then having it take their game down.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-10 จาก 10 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50