Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Les mer
Problem with map physical size
I am new to making maps, and have started making my first map in the Puzzle Maker. However, I have found that I have hit a size limit along one axis. I can't move the 'north' wall north or the 'south' wall south, as though that would be exceeding the limit. Thing is, the map really isn't particularly large in that direction, so it's surprising it doesn't let me extend it any further.

I'm surprised the limit is so low. Have other people had problems with this, and is there any solution, short of exporting it into Hammer?
< >
Viser 13 av 3 kommentarer
Slordar 89 24. apr. 2014 kl. 16.20 
does not matter how large the map is it can only go to that limit

solution=maybe have a lift bring the player to a different height for you next area
Sist redigert av Slordar; 24. apr. 2014 kl. 16.23
TeamSpen210 18 25. apr. 2014 kl. 2.31 
From memory I believe the maximum size is a 25x25x25 cube. It can look a bit small in the editor due to the large grid size, but ingame it's pretty big. Each grid is actually about double Chell's height. There isn't really any good way for making the map bigger, aside from making the chamber in separate pieces and then merging them using hammer or using my Worldportal Door items to make it look like the map continues in the same direction.
Ambiguous Assassin 25. apr. 2014 kl. 10.45 
Thanks. I'll go vertical instead. I'm not ready to use Hammer just yet :angrytiger:.
< >
Viser 13 av 3 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 24. apr. 2014 kl. 15.37