Steam Greenlight
GreenLights dieing it's offical!
Vavle are planning to kill greenlight....
i don't know why there doing this but... it's true i have 2 links from well know gaming organsisations to prove this.
xhttp://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/16/steam-dev-days-steam-at-75-million-greenlight-going-away/
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-looking-to-discontinue-steam-greenlight-and-steam-os-may-have-exclusives/1100-6417155/
There at least 5 other sites confirming this....
Well my dreams have just been crushed...
Looks like no one will ever play my 2d Zelda style game with a moba combat system...
If you guys wanna svbae greenlight we can plan some ♥♥♥♥...
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 33 коментара
Wow! I'm stunned at this news which was only announced about a year ago!
Първоначално публикувано от C0untzer0:
I guess he felt the last thread about this died and we needed a new one for whatever reason?
NOOOOO!!! greenlights goin away... :'( ... when, why...
Последно редактиран от rodeoclick1; 11 февр. 2014 в 16:00
WHAT!!!!! No... MERP,MERP, MERP,MERPYDIDERP
Последно редактиран от rodeoclick1; 11 февр. 2014 в 19:11
hay noone is obligated to answer this question but i happen to come by something called chivalry dedicated server... what does dedicated server mean?
Първоначално публикувано от THEdovaking:
hay noone is obligated to answer this question but i happen to come by something called chivalry dedicated server... what does dedicated server mean?
Totally the wrong place to ask that but I'll answer anyway, a dedicated server is simply a computer/server that is dedicated to running the just the game server which is usually a separate application as opposed to some games that have a client also act as the game server.

There are benefits and trade-offs to both methods, for instance with a dedicated server there is usually no need to render the graphics the server program is usually just a text based console and that's it, which means it can run on a computer without a graphics card and can have lower system requirements. The benefit of that is that it makes it much cheaper for companies to use actual servers with more bandwidth than the average user has access to for hosting the game servers which makes it easier to provide a better and more consistent online experience for customers which is why most games use dedicated servers. The downside is that sometimes the server application is not made available to people who own the game which means when the publisher/developer shuts down the servers that's usually the end of multiplayer for that game, and even if the server application is made available then servers can be much more complicated to set up and run for the average user.

For a game where the client also acts as a server things can be quite different, it usually means anyone can easily create a server from the in game menus, and that also means you don't have to worry as much about the publisher/developer taking down the servers (there's still a master server that keeps track of what game servers are running that could be taken down, but they are very cheap to run and usually stay up a lot longer). There are a some pretty major downsides to this though, firstly the player who hosts the server gets an advantage because they don't get any ping or lag ever which is often unfair, and this can be made worse because it is often unclear to players how much bandwidth is needed to host a server that isn't laggy, so in games that do this there are usually a lot of players who create a server that is woefully low on bandwidth and while the host plays with no lag at all the other players can be experiencing an unplayable amount of lag. This makes picking a server a lot like running through a minefield, some will be fine others will be unplayably bad and you have to disconnect and find another. Another downside is that you need to be playing the game to host a server which means when the host decides they want to leave then everyone else gets disconnected, which means you often don't get to play on a good server for as long as you might want.
so basicly you cant play the actual game on this server thing. and ive wonderd something i tried installing ostfront 41-45 and it doesent work whats up with that? im asking on these discussions becuase i got banned for playin the server bann game. and if you are a moderator... im wondering if you could find *dakotashadowleaf* dakota might have changed and i want to find him. i looked up his name and i cant find him... he was my first friend on steam. ;'( ill have to answer your answer with a question later gtg, bye! and if you do find dakotashadowleaf i will be in your dept...
Последно редактиран от rodeoclick1; 11 февр. 2014 в 22:13
so basicly you cant play the actual game on this server thing.
Depends on exactly what you mean. If you mean you can't play the game on the same computer as the dedicated server that's pretty much correct, but if you mean you can't play on that server using your own computer then that's not correct because you should be able to do that.

im asking on these discussions becuase i got banned for playin the server bann game.
If you are banned then you are banned, there's rarely anything that can be done about it and you probably aren't going to be able to play on any servers, dedicated or not.
i have been very up to dtae with greenlight and only just heard
Първоначално публикувано от GorlomSwe:
I guess he felt the last thread about this died and we needed a new one for whatever reason?
At least 2 people were shockedby this so they may have
Първоначално публикувано от Chazz_2k1:
i have been very up to dtae with greenlight and only just heard
Do you not see how those two clauses may be seen as mutually exclusive?
Първоначално публикувано от Chazz_2k1:
Първоначално публикувано от GorlomSwe:
At least 2 people were shockedby this so they may have
Are you really trying to defend starting new threads on topics still on the front page of the forum?
No big surprise... so much nonsense is getting Greenlit these days. 5% of it is actually quality... the rest is just nonsense a bunch of people hit the YES button for.
Първоначално публикувано от 24th J. Shields:
5% of it is actually quality...
Please, what other wisdom can you magically pull out of your backside for us?
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 33 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Дата на публикуване: 11 февр. 2014 в 11:12
Публикации: 33