Steam Greenlight
kgiris2005 3 jun. 2014 às 14:11
Valve stop allowing direct rip off of games that have already been made onto greenlight
you know what i mean. the games that are direct rip offs of games like terraria and starbound (starbound adds new things that terraria does not have like space travel so its not a "direct" rip off) and poorly done space games based on the code of a FREE to download remake.

its sad that a lot of good stuff gets booted while a lot of same old same old crap gets approved. aka do we really need any more freaking card battle games?

ive seen some good stuff on greenlight/early access but then again there is a lot of stuff thats a same old same old rip off.

that is the problem with "big" developers today offering the same old same old crap so why is that Indie game makers should fall into the same thing? the bad thing with some indy games is that they can be a direct rip off more so of others.

i mean its fine to make a game based on a concept but offer enough origninality diffrent art stiyle or something to make it your own rather it be a pretty OBVIOUS rip off.

we need more innovation not more "me too" bs.
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 15 comentários
Skoardy 3 jun. 2014 às 15:05 
So which games have you bought/played from Greenlight that are direct rip-offs of existing games?
Última alteração por Skoardy; 3 jun. 2014 às 15:18
C0untzer0 3 jun. 2014 às 15:10 
Originalmente postado por kgiris2005:
do we really need any more freaking card battle games?
If people keep wanting more of them, then yes of course we do.
That's kinda how the whole "Supply and Demand" thing works, you see.
Seraphita 3 jun. 2014 às 16:33 
What's wrong with card battle games? We need MORE of them!

Also, I don't see anything wrong with "rip-offs". I truly wish there were more Zelda rip-offs and I don't really care if anyone complained about it. lol... That's how Greenlight works... If something gets greenlit, it's because people wanted the games.
Gorlom[Swe] 3 jun. 2014 às 16:35 
Are you talking about games showing up in the que or games getting greenlit?

If the que: The whole point of greenlight is that any game can be submitted and that there is no weeding prior to getting onto greenlight. And the only reason Valve would remove a game is if it violates a policy or some copyright.

If getting greenlit: Then it's up to the people browsing greenligth. IF they say they want "the same old thing" then that is what is ghetting greenlit. as C0untzer0 says: supply and demand.

Also the indie scene is offering far more than "direct ripp offs", to expect that no indie dev will ever try to copy (and expand on) another idea is ludicris.

PS: Given that you seem to be hyperboleing in general im going to take these claims of "direct ripp offs" with a grain of good old sceptecism. If you look close r you will probably see some kind of innovation.
DoomSplitter 3 jun. 2014 às 16:43 
"Sorry devs, you can't make platformers anymore. You see, Mario already covers that. Oh, and no more first person shooters, or horror games, or fighting games, or rpgs, or simulators. The market is already over-saturated with these genres."
Seraphita 3 jun. 2014 às 18:31 
Originalmente postado por DoomSplitter:
"Sorry devs, you can't make platformers anymore. You see, Mario already covers that. Oh, and no more first person shooters, or horror games, or fighting games, or rpgs, or simulators. The market is already over-saturated with these genres."
Made me laugh but no kidding, this really is the mentality of most people...
amerk 4 jun. 2014 às 12:35 
To quote one of my favorite authors, but substituting the word "men" for "genres":

“All genres are created equal but some are more equal than others…”

That said, you have to realize that with a voting system such as Greenlight, there is going to be more a push and pull from one side to another, depending on the current tastes. If the pool of voters are interested in racing or FPS, then naturally these are the kind of games to be voted the highest. If that pool of voters were suddenly outweighed by a group of simulation lovers, then you'd start seeing higher votes for sim games.

The only way around that is to get more voters involved with a different set of tastes, and you'll start to see votes in other areas. It's a revolving door of sorts, and it's always subject to change, and any genre has equal opportunity so long as it's attracting the right kind of voters.
amerk 4 jun. 2014 às 12:37 
Originalmente postado por Sera:
Originalmente postado por DoomSplitter:
Made me laugh but no kidding, this really is the mentality of most people...

Yep, and damn it, sonic really seems to be Sega's answer to Mario, so we should probably go back in time and prevent those games as well. Nevermind it offered new mechanics that Mario didn't have, and that both of these kind of games were fun in their own right.
Última alteração por amerk; 4 jun. 2014 às 12:38
Qon 5 jun. 2014 às 4:04 
Originalmente postado por kgiris2005:
Valve stop allowing direct rip off of THREADS that have already been made onto greenlight
you know what i mean.
You know what I mean. If you don't know your name is probably kgiris2005 or you are one of the many others who have posted threads with same old qontent and title. If this is you then you need to stop posting new threads and start using the search function.
Magisking 24 jun. 2014 às 17:19 
While yes, Greenlight does allow many Minecraft/Terraria clones to get on steam, that does NOT make the system bad. Greenlight can give us great, original games as well.
Irish-bart-x 24 jun. 2014 às 18:49 
I don't understand why game developers release games in pre alpha unfinished and expecting it to turn out to be a good game, example "Rust" it was released now it's having a revamp cause it was so bad, day one of the game's release the servers where being DDOSED. I would like to game's polished and finished, eg Battlefield 4 worst day 1 game ever.
Skoardy 24 jun. 2014 às 19:19 
Originalmente postado por Irishbartx:
I don't understand why game developers release games in pre alpha unfinished and expecting it to turn out to be a good game, example "Rust" it was released now it's having a revamp cause it was so bad, day one of the game's release the servers where being DDOSED. I would like to game's polished and finished, eg Battlefield 4 worst day 1 game ever.
How much polish stops a DDOS?
Zeon 25 ago. 2014 às 6:43 
Youre a rip off.
Qon 25 ago. 2014 às 7:34 
Originalmente postado por Cat Guard:
Youre a rip off.
You had to necro post?
Can't you let this thread die peacefully?
I guess mods will have to seal this thread~
★Ace.Tradeit.gg 25 ago. 2014 às 9:50 
RUAHURA THE LEGEND OF THE DOTA2
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 15 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 3 jun. 2014 às 14:11
Comentários: 15