The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Seljdon Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:04pm
hey moderators please deletet his thread. Thank you
please delete this thread
Last edited by Seljdon; Nov 9, 2017 @ 11:51am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Grathagis 7 Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:07pm 
It might have to do with copyrights, that those mods are gone.
Last edited by Grathagis; Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:07pm
Grathagis 7 Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by Lazarus:
Originally posted by Grathagis:
It might have to do with copyrights, that those mods are gone.
I have found several mods that are his clothing and weapons, but none that make characters look exactly like him.....It can't be a copywrite issue because no one is selling anything.
That isn't the point. Everything must be hand crafted and cannot be imported from a Zelda game otherwise it is Copyright infringements. And yes, lawyers are involved.
Last edited by Grathagis; Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:12pm
Grathagis 7 Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:16pm 
Okay are there any mods that are crafted from scratch that make your character look exactly or insanely close to those games graphics?
I wouldn't know. I am not interested in them. I do know there are Zelda related mods.
jjb-54 1 Aug 16, 2014 @ 8:51am 
The thing is - you will not be seeing new mods that have and/or are from COPY-RIGHTED games - movies and such. The owners this year have started to slowly crack down on Mod Creators using Copy-Righted Materials. Since I posted this in January 2014 that this is going to start happening ... I've not gotten a dozen or so IM - PM and E-Mails from people wishing they had listened to my " rants " .. they now have legal fees to pay.
Adura 1 Aug 16, 2014 @ 9:34am 
It can't be a copywrite issue because no one is selling anything.

This statement is alarming.

Copyright applies to many more situations than just selling copyrighted material.
Last edited by Adura; Aug 16, 2014 @ 9:35am
jjb-54 1 Aug 16, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
Originally posted by Adura:
It can't be a copywrite issue because no one is selling anything.

This statement is alarming.

Copyright applies to many more situations than just selling copyrighted material.

Basically - one is giving away for free what X Company uses to make their living. I have to agree with Adura .. the post does not understand Copy-Right Laws.
Grathagis 7 Aug 16, 2014 @ 7:59pm 
If you have googled and searchengined all the Zelda type mods, and you have all found them to be lacking, then there simply aren't any more mods. I googled and found several Zelda related mods or group of mods, but no doubt you have already found those as they are the first items that came up when I googled them. I assume you went through nexus and workshop.
The only alternative left is for you to make them yourself. That way they will be exactly up to the standards you want them to be.
jjb-54 1 Aug 17, 2014 @ 8:14am 
Actually I do, I read about it and I have asked lawers for clerification to just check and see what the rules are. If an item in a video game is more than 70% a look a like and you are selling it it infinges on copywrite laws. However if you write something or program something and you aren't selling it and your not 'copying' a game in its entirety you are not breaking copywrite laws. In fact it really also depends on what country you live in and what laws they have to protect a project.

hence there are numerous mods for countless games out there that have never ever been removed or anything. Infact if you go on to the workship and type in zelda there are several several mods that have been up for over a year and they have not been taken down. Like music mods and icon and armor mods etc.

Now to the point of this post. This post is not open to arguing. Everyone has their own understanding and opinion, this was not started as an opinion rant area. It is asking a simple question looking for truth on the subject. Is there or is there not for real a mod in the way I asked in the first and second post? That all that is required of you to answer, If you can not answer simple and without what I CALL 'Attacking' then don't speak/answer this post and leave it alone. Others do it, can you?

I would seriously ask your lawyers to re-check that. That is not even remotely correct.

Just GOOGLE LoTR - Skyrim Mod Legal Issues. See what WB did.

Also Google George Lucas and Light Saber Legal Issue

I could go on - but if you need more than that ... then all I can say is - One better make sure they have some serious $$$ for the legal issues that will come ....
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 15, 2014 @ 1:04pm