Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

1,162 ratings
Pitch Black Dungeon
4
2
7
5
4
4
4
2
   
Award
Favorite
Favorited
Unfavorite
File Size
Posted
Updated
147.983 MB
Dec 23, 2016 @ 1:02pm
Oct 3, 2021 @ 3:31am
197 Change Notes ( view )

Subscribe to download
Pitch Black Dungeon

In 1 collection by Maester Silvio
Pitch Black Dungeon Collection
6 items
Description
Pitch Black Dungeon - Gameplay Overhaul Mod
Pitch Black Dungeon is an overhaul and expansion mod for Darkest Dungeon. The aim of Pitch Black Dungeon is to enhance and expand upon the vanilla game for those seeking a more tactical, balanced, and challenging experience. Pitch Black Dungeon requires you to be aware of your decisions and surroundings if you wish to successfully complete quests. Pitch Black Dungeon features hundreds of enemy subtypes, thousands of additional encounters, a completely rebalanced economy and loot system, and much more!

Credits:
Design, Logistics, and Scripting - Maester Silvio Artwork - RedDyeNo5 Seasonal Artwork - Monsoontide Additional Artwork - Tacocat Additional Artwork - Grimnoley Additional Art - 'Crossroadsoffate' @Twitch
Version Info:
Current Version - 6.433 Works with revision #25685 9/7/21

Official Discord
https://discord.gg/bRM2UbG

Mod Features of PBD 6.4 - One Last Breath
Here’s a quick look at some of the things you’ll find and experience in this mod!
  • Almost every ability in the game (hero & enemy) has been added onto, redesigned, or rebalanced
  • Over 750 enemy variants have been added to freshen up combat and make it more unique
  • Over 220 additional pieces of lore that tell a completely new story in the same universe
  • Overhauled the Darkest Dungeon area with unique layouts, affixes, and more!
  • Over 3 times the amount of quests can be generated
  • 85 potions spanning 33 different types with unique artwork can be found during your travels
  • Expanded curio interactions for enhanced depth and variance
  • Unique trinket sets with artwork that can be obtained through engaging actions
  • Rebalanced trinkets for better rarity tiering and expanded buff usefulness
  • Complete quirk rework to make quirks slower to obtain, but much more weighty and important
  • Enhanced UI for better legibility and quicker understanding
  • 9 new diseases as well as a full disease rebalance has made them deadlier than ever
  • Each specific area has unique generation to encourage tactical provision management
  • Every enemy, boss, and hero has received changes in balance or been overhauled
  • Rebalanced town events and 30 additional ones
  • An entirely overhauled economy to support thoughtful purchases and limit your safety cushion
  • Additional corpse mechanics ranging from fermenting and fumigating all the way to reanimating undead and more!
  • Meet fallen heroes in combat and try to remember who the real enemy is...
  • Mini-bosses can be found in each dungeon; do you dare to risk the lives of your heroes for the rewards?
  • New relationships have been designed with heroes and their abilities, resulting in new synergies
  • Thousands of additional enemy encounters
  • And even more...

Changelog - Most Recent Update:
Version 6.433 - 9/7/21
-Main -Renamed “Apprentice Health Potion” to “Weak Health Potion” in glossary -Renamed “Blood of Unknown Origin” to “Unknown Blood” in glossary -Curios -Suit of Armor -Adjusted effect chances -Effects now have combat durations instead of turn durations Current Version - 6.433 Works with revision #25685 9/7/21

Changelog Links:
Version 6.0+
Please see the changelog for the full notes! Post-V6.0 Changelog[docs.google.com]

Pitch Black Dungeon Mirrors:
Install so that the 'Pitch Black Dungeon' folder is located in the '/DarkestDungeon/Mods' folder.

Manual Install: Download[drive.google.com]

Districts & Flagellant Patches:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955039658
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955039830

Shieldbreaker Patch:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1187153398

Musketeer Patch:
This patch should ONLY be downloaded if you have legitimate access to the Musketeer, and it is necessary if you do!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884155691

Nexus Download:
Pitch Black Dungeon is also available on the Nexus for anyone interested...
Nexus Link[www.nexusmods.com]

Pitch Black Dungeon Guide
I've created a guide to help people in understanding the changes and additions to my mod as well as providing them with extensive information and tips for surviving and succeeding.

Pitch Black Dungeon Guide[docs.google.com]

Compatibility
  • Custom Classes - No (Unless specific patch has been made)
  • ANY Inventory Mods - No
  • Skins/Cosmetic-only Mods - Yes
  • UI Enhancement - No
  • Other Languages - No
  • DLC - Only the Flagellant, Districts, and Shieldbreaker (WITH PATCHES)
Popular Discussions View All (29)
283
Feb 23, 2021 @ 10:16pm
PINNED: Bug Thread
Maester Silvio
67
Jun 12, 2020 @ 5:44am
PINNED: Feedback Thread
Maester Silvio
12
Apr 19, 2020 @ 12:21am
Difficulty
Ithuriel
< >
1,790 Comments
Maester Silvio  [author] 17 hours ago 
Yeah, PBD only supports the Flagellant, Districts, Shieldbreaker, and the Musketeer. The 'Courtyard', Colours of Madness, and Butcher's Circus should be turned off.
Koinonos Jul 4 @ 6:25pm 
Just installed Pitch Black 6.4.33 on a Fresh June 2022 install of Darkest Dungeon with All DLC's and with or without the patches for Shield Breaker and Flagellant and it is crashing on the following error every time.

Considering this is a brand new install and this being the only mod on a brand new game this is suggestive that it doesn't like one of the DLC's..

Assert Failed:
(pbuffinstance!=nullptr)
Trait::Library::Load Traits in trait_library.cpp line 167
Trait Color Madness has invalid buff ignore_stealth

Is this a known issue? If so is there a fix as of July 4th, 2022?
Maester Silvio  [author] Jun 11 @ 6:30am 
While there is a steep learning curve, people have done speedruns of my mod, and many have claimed it's not much more difficult than vanilla. There are just plenty of new mechanics to understand and deal with.

The best thing to do here is let me know what's ending your runs, as there may be something being overlooked. Many people have struggled with one or two things, usually unlearning all of their vanilla strategies, but after addressing it they've gone on to easily beat the mod.
PanApple6000 Jun 10 @ 3:28pm 
Also, while I'm by no means a pro, I'm far from being an inexperienced player.
PanApple6000 Jun 10 @ 3:26pm 
Seems like a good mod that adds a lot to the game, when in reality all it does is make the game near impossible. Nearly all my playthroughs of this game have ended within the first couple dungeons. The layouts are just unfair/unfun, even by regular DD standards. Some of the reworks straight up ruin characters, and the fact that the first 30 minutes of gameplay is scripted means anytime I want to restart, I have to go through all of it again.
Maester Silvio  [author] Apr 28 @ 4:07pm 
Anything that CAN happen WILL happen. Seems like you didn't have enough speed or accuracy, or maybe both.

Note that if you were still in Apprentice difficulty, the stats of enemies and heroes are pretty much the same as vanilla, so this isn't the mod as much as it is you.
Grackorn Apr 28 @ 3:35pm 
A recommendation, don't play this mod unless you plan to massively buff yourself with cheatlike other mods. Because nothing says bad game design than 4 spiders in highest light giving you a 40% hit chance while dealing 40-60% of a characters health in damage.
Satellite Apr 22 @ 10:50pm 
Could you please make it so Sanctuary can also heal Heroes being on Death Door, not only in Death Door Recovery?
Satellite Apr 14 @ 10:05pm 
and I wish Medical Ward didn't have chance of curing additional diseases. It's sad when Shieldbreaker with Rabies accidently loses it in the Ward :P
Satellite Apr 14 @ 9:58pm 
Also, is Houndmaster's green Stunning trinket supposed to be as good as the very common, rusty Stun Stone (Charm?) that increases stun skill chance)?