This item has been removed from the community because it violates Steam Community & Content Guidelines. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been removed by mistake, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Sid Meier's Civilization V. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Sid Meier's Civilization V.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
How To Win And What To Avoid
By Roboute Guilliman and 1 collaborators
The guide to winning this "spend your whole life on" game and for the newbies, what to avoid; you pro Civs know what I'm talking about. If you like this guide then well give it a thumbs up and recommend it to friends so that I can feel like I need to write more.
As the more professional Civ V gamers out there have experienced at least once, domination victory is fun to achieve and can be quite hard. My favourite of all victory conditions, domination requires you to obliterate all of your enemies capital cities and leave you at the top of the 'civ' chain. As I said domination victory can be quite hard to achieve however, there are many simple ways to do. This is how I usually do it.
1. Build a powerful economy before even building a military as military doesn't matter until later 2. Don't worry about allies; become totally independant and isolated 3. After you have built a strong ecomomy for your civilization, start building a military 4. Building a military doesn't mean produce three units, it means produce at least 20 or over 5. Begin to expand your borders so that they are close to other civilizations 6. Begin to conquer city states and don't worry about relations with other civs, just take all of the closest city states as possible 7. Attacking city states will get the other city states worried and will get the larger civs angered if they are allied with the city state you attacked. 8. Do not denounce anyone unless they denounce you 9. If you are denounced then begin to bring tension between your nations 10. Don't be affraid to take on more than one civ at once. I have fought 10 civs at once on emperor difficulty so it is very possible. 11. Once the tensions are very high between nations then begin to station your troops on your enemies borders 12. Don't talk to the enemy leader and then declare war, just enter their borders when you don't have an open borderstreaty in place and then begin your attack 13. Keep calm and drop some nukes! 14. Maybe you don't have any because you have not researched the technology or you are not in the right era 15. Attack the closest city and completely overpower it 16. Under order no.227, do not retreat under any circumstances or prepare to be executed as in prepare to be destroyed by your enemy 17. If you are loosing then what a shame, there is only one thing that can save you. A peace treaty 18. If you are winning then press on with your attack 19. Continuously produce troops until the war is over 20. Take their capital city and then if they offer you a peace treaty, accept the offer because they give you practically all of their resources and gold etc. 21. After ten turns the peace treaty will expire, declare war on them again and this time show no mercy. Crush them for good 22. After taking their capital and every other nations capital then it will come up with the victory screen, select just one more turn so that you can destroy everyone and you are done 23. Oh yeah, you also have to conquer all of the city states as well to achieve a true domination victory 24. If this helped then please write in my profile comments that I helped you. I will be very greatful.
These are my twenty four... I mean twenty three steps that I take to achieve domination victory. Thank you.
Finally I have decided to create a section for science victory all thanks to the views. Keep them coming and make sure that you favourite, comment, like and share my guide so that I feel the urge to write even more. Anyway this is how I win with the power of science.
1. Depending on what era you start in, Science victory will be more difficult the further back in time you are. e.g. it is easier to achieve in the more modern eras because you have basically researched almost all of the technologies.
2. Do everything you can to increase science and production.
3. Certain wonders are great for for a scientific victory so be sure to get some of those.
3. As soon as you are able, research the Apollo project and wait for it to finish
4. Winning a science victory can be quite difficult on higher difficulties because other civs will do more to win a science victory than they would on lower difficulties so put everything in towards a science victory if that is what you are looking to achieve.
5. As soon as the Apollo project is completed begin production of the starship parts by building spaceship factoried in all up to six of your cities if you have that many.
6. If you are warring with other civs or city states then make sure you have a reasonable military at your service otherwise your starship parts are able to be attacked by your enemies and that is a setback to your glorious scientific victory.
7. once you have completed the parts send them all to the capital of your civilization.
8. Once that is done then the scientific victory screen will pop up and give you a few options.
9. Personally I like to click the wait just one more turn button so that I can build a huge military and destroy everyone.
10. Please comment, like, recommend and share this guide so that I can receive more views and stars.
And there you are, my 9 steps to achieving science victory. The list isn't as long as the last but there is a little more to domination victory than science victory.
For all the view I have received on this guide I shall now as promised write about diplomatic victory. Diplomatic victory can be hard to achieve depending on how many civs there are and how popular you are so here is how I do it.
1. If you have BNW (Brave New World) then once you discover all of the civilizations and if you are the first to do so then a world congress will be formed with you as its host.
2. Once a world congress is formed every single decision you make will have either positive affects or negative affects so make the right decisions and you will be good.
3. After a certain amount of turns the united nations will be formed and a vote will be held.
4. Be sure to have good relations with city states by doing favours for then etc
5. If you have good relations with city states then you will receive more votes for becoming world leader and the civ with the most votes wins.
6. Although it is a good idea to be friendly with as many city states as possible it isnt entirely necessary as you are able to bribe them into voting for you.
7. Every 20 turns a world leader vote occurs and to win you need more than half of the votes.
Any city states/civs that have been destroyed should be liberated as they will vote for you regardless of relations.
8. Other civs will always vote for themselves so you need as many city states and liberated civs/city states on your side to win.
9. If you win then the diplomatic victory screen will pop up. Click wait just one more turn and build up a huge military then wipe everyone off the face of the earth.
And there you go. My strategy to achieve a diplomatic victory. If you like my guide then be sure to give it a thumbs up and share/recommend it to your friends. Stay tuned for more info on how to achieve the other victories.
Here are my steps to achieving a culture victory. As it is not my choice of victory dont be suprised if I leave vital things out; if so then leave a comment and I will do my best to add it to the guide if it relates to this particular victory:
1. Accumulate culture points and pick five social policies you want to work toward.
2. To speed this up be friendly with city states as you will gain more culture points
3. Once you have 5 social policies you are done and the utopia project will finish with you as the victor of the game
4. Once you have completed the utopia project and one then press wait just one more turn and build the strongest army on the map then crush everyone.