This item has been removed from the community because it violates Steam Community & Content Guidelines. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been removed by mistake, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Left 4 Dead 2. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Left 4 Dead 2.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Left 4 Dead 2 Achievements Guide
Are you stuck on some Achievements that you don't know How to Achieve? Then look here. I will show you How to get the Left 4 Dead 2 Achievements
Left 4 Dead 2 is the much anticipated sequel to the orignal L4D that was released in 2008 for the 360 and PC, it quickly became very popular somehow and this popularity pushed them to make a sequel.
This game follows four new survivors in the deep south with a total of five (actually connected) campaigns and a ton more weapons then the first game had, there is also a whole cast of new creative achievements for you to break your back getting, and that is what this guide is for.
This is the guide that I have made and I hope you enjoy it and it is able to help you with any and all achievements dealing with this brillaint game.
Achievement - A Ride Denied
- Kill a Jockey within 2 seconds of it jumping on a Survivor - Another easy one, melee weapons help, just swing as soon as the survivor is ridden. A good shotgun is alright to but melees will instantly kill it making for a quicker get rid of.
Achievement - A Spittle Help from my Friend
- As the Spitter, spit on a Survivor being choked by a Smoker - Love this title almost as much as Robbed Zombie, haha. Like Rode Hard, this will come naturally, but can also be boosted like all the other versus achievements.
Achievement - Acid Reflex
- Kill a Spitter before she is able to spit - First achievement I ever got personally, just shoot every spitter on sight until it pops up.
Achievement - Armory of One
- Deploy an ammo upgrade and have your team use it - This one is impossible to miss, just find ammo and put it on the ground, simple as that, doesn't matter if it's fire ammo or frag.
Achievement - Back in the Saddle
- As the Jockey, ride the Survivors twice in a single life - This one is another that is bound to happen in time, just ride someone until you incap them and then get on someone else. Also if you get melee'd off and don't get killed you can ride them again.
Achievement - Beat the Rush
- In a Survival round, get a medal only using melee weapons - With a good team this is cake, I got it on the bridge level of the Parish, and a friend of mine got it on the gate of Dark Carnival. If you have trouble just keep trying! You can use throwable items too!
This is the only survival mode achievement.
Achievement - Bridge Burner
- Survive the Parish campaign - Parish is the game's fifth and final level, all you have to do is make it to the rescue vehicle. It does not matter what difficulty you are playing on as long as you DO survive, this achievement will not unlock on Realism mode.
Achievement - Bridge Over Trebled Slaughter
- Cross the bridge finale in less than three minutes. - This is one of the harder ones, and is near impossible unless you have a full team of human players. The best way is to run like hell as soon as the bridge drops and make sure you have as many adrenalines as possible, but don't use them right away! Wait until the end when you will be most likely mobbed, or somewhere in the middle, the immunity to infected slow down is too valuable to use up right away. What is probably the hardest part of this achievement is the tank that is always there halfway through, make sure to avoid him cause he WILL cost you the achievement if you stay around to get hit/fight him. Make sure to use pipe bombs well as well.
There is usually more adrenaline on the back of a few trucks so be sure to check that as you run, it's worth the few seconds wasted for it.
*Solo Strategy found by Dranaxscas and Pyrogoat* Start in single player and kill off TWO of the AIs, leave one, it doesn't matter who, then start the finale and go through normally. The one AI will act as Special Infected bait as you make it to the chopper, the tank is the only problem but is still doable. You can also throw molotovs at your feet if you get surrounded as an adrenaline substitute! Shotguns work wonders in this strategy too.
Achievement - Burning Sensation
- Ignite 50 Common Infected with incendiary ammo - Just use as much fire ammo as you can and it'll come, unless you have bad aim, then it may take awhile. This item spawns randomly so I don't know where you can try to find some.
Achievement - Cache and Carry
- Collect 15 gas cans in a single Scavenge Round - This one is challenging, but don't give up hope, you can get it easy through boosting or legitly with time and a good team.
Achievement - Chain of Command
- Kill 100 Common Infected with the chainsaw - Just play the game and whenever you find a chainsaw go crazy, since chainsaws require fuel this will probably take a few uses of different ones to get enough kills with it.
Achievement - Clownd
- Honk the noses of 10 clowns - Very fun one, just melee any and all clowns you come across in Dark carnival, in the face. You can do it multiple times on the same clown.
Achievement - Club Dead
- Use every melee weapon and kill Common Infected - Not hard at all, just whenever you find a new melee weapon pick it up and kill something with it. The weapons you must use for this achievement are as follows: Cricket Bat Guitar Crowbar Axe Frying Pan Katana Machete Nightstick
The chainsaw and baseball bat do not count for this.
Achievement - Confederacy of Crunches
- Finish a campaign using only melee weapons - This is easier then it sounds because melee weapons are rather overpowered in this game, all you have to make sure of is to not pick up any guns and DO NOT SHOOT YOUR PISTOL IF YOU GET INCAPPED. I suggest doing it on Dead Center since it's the shortest, your the only person who has to use melee weapons as well, other people can use guns. It is also advised to leave the chainsaw alone during this run because, while I think it does count as a melee weapon, you are left with a pistol when it runs out of gas and that will probably ruin your effort.
Also you CAN use throwable items and get this!
Achievement - Crass Menagerie
- Kill one of each uncommon infected - Just play each campaign and you'll get it inevitably, the armored zombies from the Parish level don't count for this achievement because they are not in the australian version of the game.
Achievement - Dead in the Water
- Kill 10 swampy Mudmen while they are in the water - If you play the Swamp Fever campaign once or twice this will be bound to happen. Mudmen are very common on the second chapter paticularly, just make sure you kill them while they stand in the water.
Achievement - Dismemberment Plan
- Kill 15 Infected with a single grenade launcher blast - This is easiest to get in Survival Mode, simply grab bile and the grenade launcher and start the horde, then throw the bile and when all the infected gather together blast them. It will help if your playing with friends so the AI won't take your kills.
I got it on Dark Carnival finale, the grenade launcher is in the center of the stage and the bile is on top of one of the speakers!
Achievement - Fried Piper
- Using a Molotov, burn a Clown leading at least 10 Common Infected - Simple, just play Dark Carnival and throw a molotov whenever a clown and lots of infected are nearby, it's bound to happen. One good spot is in Dark Carnival 4 in the endless crescendo.
Achievement - FORE!
- Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club. - Just get a Golf Club as a melee weapon and start getting headshots with it.
Achievement - Fuel Crisis
- Make a Survivor drop a gas can during overtime - Anytime overtime mode happens, you have a chance to get this. Overtime is triggered by someone holding a gas can as the timer reaches zero, to make them drop it either pounce them as a hunter, pull them as a smoker, charge them as a Charger, ride them as a jokey, or straight up incap them.
Achievement - Gas Shortage
- Cause 25 gas can drops as a Special Infected - Same thing as fuel crisis, only throughout the entire game. This is cumulative like the collect 100 gas cans one too.
Achievement - Gaz Guzzler
- Collect 100 gas cans in Scavenge - Impossible to NOT get if you just keep playing the mode, it will take awhile though so be patient, each one must be placed in the generator by you to count.
Achievement - Ghost of Christmas Present
- Spread cheer by helping a free holiday player survive a campaign. - Just play with people who just recently got Left 4 Dead 2 for free and survive a whole campaign.
Achievement - Gong Show
- Prove you are stronger than Moustachio - This is another game in Dark Carnival 4, just before the bumper cars there is a 'Test your Strength' game, you MUST have adrenaline for it. Use your adrenaline then hit the red part with a melee weapon and it will break and the achievement is yours!
Achievement - Good Guy Nick
- Plays games with free weekend players and helps them survive a campaign. - Good Guy Nick can be unlocked by simply playing Left4Dead2 with a person who is playing on a free week and survive a whole campaign with him.
Achievement - Great Expectorations
- As the Spitter, hit every Survivor with a single acid patch - Just spray anywhere where all the survivors are together at once, usually in narrow corridors and such like the ledge in Dead Center 1 work, that's where I got it.
Achievement - Guardin' Gnome
- Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival - In Dark Carnival 2 there is a shooting gallery, start it and shoot everything EXCEPT the peanut character, he subtracts points, while the Moustachio figure gives 100 points. Get 750 points for Gnome chompski to be yours, this is the same gnome from Half Life Episode 2, you must carry him through the ENTIRE campaign and be holding him on the chopper at the end for the achievement to be given, everyone on your team will get the achievement, even those who may be left behind. This isn't a very hard achievement, just take turns carrying him with the other players on your team and cover whoever has him and you'll be fine.
Achievement - Head Honcho
- Decapitate 200 infected with a melee weapon - This one will come with time, just keep playing and keep using melees and it'll pop up eventually, the baseball bat has the best chance of knocking off heads from my experience but if you don't have that weapon use a blade.
Achievement - HeartWarmer
- In a Versus Round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate - I got this one in the first versus game I ever played ironically, and I wasn't even boosting. Just play and if the chance to do this ever arises, don't pass it up. Of course you can also boost this with a second controller, there are usually always defibs in Hard Rain 1 if you must get it that way, in the hospital van.
Achievement - Hunting Party
- Win a game of scavenge - Just keep playing until you win, it'll happen quick cause scavenge games go fast, especially when set to 'single round'.
Achievement - Killing Them Swiftly To This Song
- Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox. - Play on The Passing map and find a Jukebox and turn it on and start killin' some zombies.
Achievement - Level a Charge
- Kill a Charger with a melee weapon while they are charging - A very tricky achievement, your timing simply has to be perfect. Sidestep a charger as they come at you and then start swinging! It helps if someone is shooting at it at the same time cause the charger takes two melee hits to kill most of the time.
This achievement WILL unlock in versus mode, so feel free to boost it with a second controller or a friend if you are having major trouble with it, just shoot the charger player until his health is in red and then charge and swing!
Achievement - Long Distance Carrier
- As the Charger, grab a Survivor and carry them over 80 feet - This will probably take a few tries, it's best to charge directly in front of a survivor and make sure your in an area with few obstacles so the charger won't be stopped by anything, there are areas like this in every level somewhere! I got it in the long highway of Dark Carnival 2, next to the motel.
Achievement - Meat Tenderizer
- As the Charger, grab a Survivor and smash them into the ground for a solid 15 seconds - Any full health survivor who goes off on his/her own is a perfect opportunity for this, take advantage.
One note brought to my attention by dawson107, if you grab someone in scavenge mode just as time runs out you will keep pounding them as the score shows and will definitely get it.
Achievement - Midnight Rider
- Survive the Dark Carnival Campaign - Dark Carnival is the game's second level, all you have to do is make it to the rescue vehicle. It does not matter what difficulty you are playing on as long as you DO survive, this achievement will not unlock on Realism mode.
Achievement - Price Chopper
- Survive the Dead center campaign - Dead Center is the game's first level, all you have to do is make it to the rescue vehicle. It does not matter what difficulty you are playing on as long as you DO survive, this achievement will not unlock on Realism mode.
Achievement - Qualified Ride
- As the Jockey, ride a Survivor for more than 12 seconds - This is bound to come along eventually, just try to find someone foolhardy enough to wander off by themselves while your the jockey and get to work.
Achievement - Ragin' Cajun
- Survive the Swamp Fever campaign - Swamp Fever is the game's third level, all you have to do is make it to the rescue vehicle. It does not matter what difficulty you are playing on as long as you DO survive, this achievement will not unlock on Realism mode.
Achievement - Robbed Zombie
- Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed - Replay the first two chapters of Dead Center until you get this, that's where the hazmat suit zombies show and they randomly drop bile, if you find one that drops bile make sure to pick it up.
Achievement - Rode Hard, Put Away Wet
- As the Jockey, ride a Survivor and steer them into a Spitter's acid patch - Easy, just requires teamwork. You'll probably do this on your own without even thinking about the achievement if you know how to use the jockey, just call the spitter to lay down some acid while your riding them!
Achievement - Scattering Ram
As the Charger, bowl through the entire enemy team in a single charge - Narrow hallways are great, like the halls in Parish 2 and Dead Center 3, just keep trying if you end up having trouble. You can boost this with friends easily like the rest.
Achievement - Scavenge Hunt
- Stop the enemy team from collecting any gas cans during a Scavenge round - With a good team (and preferably, playing against a bad team) this will be easy, just don't try to rush it. It will happen at some point no doubt.
Achievement - Septic Tank
- Use a bile bomb on a Tank - Easy Peasy, especially on Dead center where Bile Bombs are common, just get one and throw it on the first tank you come across.
Achievement - Shock Jock
- Revive 10 dead Survivors with the defibrillator - This will come with time, probably while your doing expert mode more then likely. As far as I know it doesn't count for the achievement if you are reviving someone you killed yourself.
Achievement - Sob Story
- Navigate the sugar mill and reach the safe room without killing any witches - This is in Hard Rain 2! Not too difficult as long as you don't have any AI controlled partners, if you are stuck for some reason using 3 AIs then good luck, you'll need it, cause unless you get incredibly lucky this will never happen. If you have one friend at least, then play with him and kill off the two other AIs, it will be a bit of a stretch surviving with just two people but it can be done. Note that it doesn't matter if you DISTURB the witches, as long as you don't kill them.
Achievement - Stache Whacker
- Prove you are faster than Moustachio - This achievement is kinda vague, it is referring to the Whack-a-Mole game in Dark Carnival 4 just before the barn. It's best with a melee weapon but a gun can be used to, simply start the game and keep hitting the faces that pop up, if the game ends restart it before the "Continue?" timer ends, you have to get a score of 42 for the game to break and the achievement to pop up. Be ready to fight a horde as soon as the game breaks as well!
Multiple people can play the game at the same time and get the achievement together. Also you can get this on the gate survival map as well as a faster and safer alternative, just know the timer and zombie attacks will start after you beat the game. Thanks to Rinsky for pointing this out.
Achievement - Still Something to Prove
- Survive all campaigns on Expert - This is the hardest achievement in the game by far, Expert is one heck of a test. All normal infected do 10 to 20 damage per hit and the special infected damage is greatly increased. Also Tanks can incapacitate you in one single hit and friendly fire may as well be an instant kill if you get shot by a strong weapon. You must SURVIVE a campaign for it to count towards this achievement, if the rescue vehicle leaves you behind you will have to do it all over again. Sucks alot when this happens!
Check the expert tips section for further help with this!
Achievement - Strength in Numbers
- Form a team and beat an enemy team in 4v4 versus or scavenge - Just get some friends and go to 'Team Game' in either mode and do your best to win, this cannot be boosted because it always connects you to a random team.
Achievement - Tank Burger
- Kill a tank with melee weapons - You'll pretty much have to have other people with you for this one, just get some friends and when a tank shows up everyone pull out a melee weapon and beat it up, on easy this takes no time and little effort at all.
[/u]*Alternate Strategy from BahamutBBob*[/u] Another way to get Tank Burger is to hit the tank in a finale that appears while you're going for the escape vehicle. AI will pretty much ignore the tank unless it goes for them, and the tank automatically dies during the escape cutscene.
*Solo Strategy by TiruasXBL* Played with 3 bots on easy (for the sake of speed), with full captions! As soon as i saw "tank growl" i stopped what i was doing, used a pipebomb to clear the room and then switched to expert, TKed my bots (death no incap) then switch to easy, activate the tank, hit adrenaline & went back to the safe room! Shut the door, crouch against door, wait for big stupid ugly arm to appear, slash with katana, repeat till death.
Achievement - The Quick and the Dead
- Revive 10 incapacitated Survivors while under the speed-boosting effects of adrenaline - Like shock jock, it will come with time. Just use adrenaline before you pick up incapped folks and you'll get it.
Achievement - The Real Deal
- Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled - You can do this on any campaign, just play expert and turn on Realism. Realism is an extra mode for L4D2 where all outlines over players are gone, making it hard to find each other at times, communication is key in this regard, also the outlines on items are gone making it harder to find med packs and other things. Another gimmick of this mode is that witches instantkill on all difficulties and infected must be shot in the head or you won't do much damage. There are also NO revival closets, so only defibs and safe rooms can bring people back from the dead.
I suggest doing this on Swamp Fever since there are no alarm crescendos and those are, in my opinion, the hardest parts of the game. Good luck!
Achievement - Valve Gift Grab 2011 – L4D2
Step 1 - You'll need to change your date and year to EXACTLY December 15th 2011. Time doesn't matter.
Step 2 - Launch Lef 4 Dead 2 and open the Developers Consle by pressing ~ (Right above Tab and under Escape.)
Step 3 - Now Things are starting to get a little harder... I used Dead Center to get this wonderful Achievement. So I typed in the Dev. Consle - ss_map1c1_hotel versus And this started a Versus game on Dead Center Chapter 1 Hotels
Step 4 - Once the map loads type "connect_splitscreen localhost 2" and press enter. And this should reload the game and when it loads you should have a survivor and an ifected screen
Step 5 - Now grab a fire axe or crowbar and RUSH!!!! Run through the first map as fast as you can killing ALL Special Infected. When they drop a present RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TOWARDS IT! If collected you should hear a ding stating you picked it up. ALSO! You only have a short ammount of time before the game quits because of inactivity from player 2...
Step 6 If your game crashed or ended all you have to do is repeat Steps 3 through 5 until you get the Achievement!.
Achievement - Violence in Silence
- Navigate the impound lot and reach the cemetary safe room without tripping any alarms - This is pretty simple, especially if you are playing with the AI and their perfect aim. Just use a melee weapon when you reach the impound lot in the Parish 3 and make sure you don't jump onto any of the orange cars. Make sure to not get smoked into a car too! Once you reach the safe room the achievement will unlock.
Achievement - Weatherman
- Survive the Hard Rain campaign - Hard Rain is the game's fourth level, all you have to do is make it to the rescue vehicle. It does not matter what difficulty you are playing on as long as you DO survive, this achievement will not unlock on Realism mode.
Achievement - Wing and a Prayer
- Defend yourself at the crashed airliner without taking damage - The airliner it refers to is in Swamp Fever 2. There are two ways to get this, I got it in single player mode by crouching on the wing of the plane, left side of the door, and used a pipe bomb and a gas can, the AI handled everything else. The cheap way you can get this is staying in the safe room while the other players fight, both ways work, it's up to you what you want to do. Only you have to not take damage, other people don't matter.
Be careful that you don't go idle in the safe room while waiting though.
Also for people who seem to think this achievement is glitched, it is NOT, it will unlock as long as someone is on the wing of the plane, or if you do my safe room tactic. I stayed inside the plane trying for it and it wouldn't unlock, but when I fought on the plane it did. It's picky but don't give up cause it will unlock once you do it right.