Recent reviews by ay cmere bro *kisses u on lips*

For the Lady!

The grail knight is a DAMN fun class, between being one of the most fun duelists and being a massive source of single target damage, the grail knight can handle just about anything thrown at him with a competent team behind his back. Along with that, he comes with buffs for the entire match should you complete quests from the hag in the pond. Ranging from skill cooldown to HP regen, there's plenty to make a pretty good class even better.

However, I find the lack of spears on a *BRETONNIAN* knight kind of confusing but maybe they couldn't work it in? Regardless, the lack of range is sorely felt when dealing with ratling guns that nobody in a pub lobby gives a ♥♥♥♥ about and other enemies you can't run up to in time. Also, you have to buy the cosmetics? Poor consumer practices but it's fatshark so..y'know.

Overall worth the money for me, but this could just be because I'm a big fan of Bretonnia.
Posted October 21.
This is the kind of game I wish there was a "neutral" option for. Personally I adore the game, but from an outsider perspective this game is nothing special. As a big fan of RWBY I think this game is wonderful! It appeals to what I really enjoy about the series, with great handling and great combat. The movement feels great, and either by oversight of devs or on purpose there's a lot of ways to really tackle each mission in ways that either include some INSANELY fast movement(see the dudes who still can do that infinite heavy in the air and zip about the map)

however, if i weren't a fan of the series i'd find just another generic hack and slash. i feel like you need to enjoy rwby to enjoy this game. while i understand the franchise is one in the same, you wouldn't need to be a fan of something like dragon ball to sit down and enjoy some dragon ball fighterz.

tl;dr if you're a fan of rwby you might find yourself enjoying this game, if you don't like the series you probably won't get your money's worth. also add qrow/some new maps. this game really needs new content.
Posted February 22.
Back when I first bought this, I refunded it because I just didn't really like it. However, that was mostly because I was using a rig that could barely run it on low.

After coming back to it and giving it a chance, this game has become one of my favourite games I've ever played. I'm godawful at it I'll admit. However, that's because this game does one thing extremely well which is the worlds. The worlds are beautiful and fun to explore, filled with charm and little details that make them fascinating to me. The music is also very well done, some particular favourites I can think of are big parade and the windmill peak.

All in all, this game is amazing. I'm so glad I've gotten it, and while I've yet to try the multiplayer aspect, it looks like a lot of fun. If you have the money to get it with the DLC, I can highly recommend it.
Posted December 31, 2019.
reach very good fun time yes
Posted December 4, 2019.
I've had this game on my Xbox for a year or so but I never really played it. However, as of writing this I've found myself enthralled with World War 1. So, I decided to pick this game back up. I'm glad I did. In 3 three hours I've put in as of writing this I've had consistent fun despite the meager player base. If you like good shooters that's very unforgiving in certain situations(i.e. don't just stand out in the middle of no man's land and expect to not get picked off by someone), you'll love this game.
Posted October 18, 2019.
TLDR; good game yes buy

Rogue like is a term that gets thrown around haphazardly when it comes to game development. However, I feel that this game actually manages to make an enjoyable rogue like experience. It's not hard for the sake of 'its hard so its good', but rather challenging because of how the world you inhabit. The enemies are strong and fairly vast in numbers. However, to compensate for this, the game offers you plenty of ways to scale your own strength to match your foe and even become so unbelievably overpowered that you'll likely be able to obliterate anything in your path without much of a second thought.

However, the path to that power is riddled with obstacles that progressively get harder and harder. The game works on a system that for the longer you play, the difficulty is ramped up. More enemies, more damage, more HP. The standard, along with introducing some new enemy types and bosses. There's other ways that the player themselves can up their own challenge, i.e. items that reduce your total hp by half but give you a hefty boost in damage output. The game is tailored so that you have a good feeling of control of your environment around you, but still can't predict what your next situation will be.

The loot system is very unique as well, per enemy you kill you will receive funds. The amount you earn is dependent on the difficulty, the enemy you slay, and where your difficulty meter is currently depending on the run. Chests will cost you a certain amount of money, which gives you the unique dilemma of deciding to stay and fight for the chance of getting something good, or hurrying to the next level to escape a bad situation. Gold is also useful for the end of a level, at the teleporter the amount of gold you have will be drained in exchange for giving the player XP. This raises your level, which raises your hp and your damage output.

There's plenty more about this game, but I feel that writing it down won't do it justice. The best way to experience this is to play it yourself, so you get a better picture for how this game's mechanics works. You won't regret it.
Posted August 27, 2019.
I have a love hate relationship with this game. I think it feels like it could be so much more than what it is right now, and that's for a lot of reasons. The game itself is good, the combat feels good and skills look pleasant. It has a nice power trip element. The characters are fine, you won't see any masterpieces of writing here but it's gameplay focused with a plot added just to sweeten the deal. If you aren't terribly concerned with the story, its nothing lost nothing gained.

This said however, you also have a real burden of playing this game. It's going to be a grindathon. The only way to alleviate that grind is to buy things, which isn't a shock for a free to play game like this. The game tries to help you with offering xp boost medals for free in your class promotions, but the grind is still rather boring when upgrading your classes just consists of repeat [x] level [x] amount of times usually. usually each character has the same archetype of 1 physical, 1 magic and 1 mix of magic and physical damage classes. Which, depending on your opinion of repetition, you may find that can be a little stifling. This is especially true for class promotions that have you going through some of the worse levels that this game has to offer multiple times. Those are especially boring to get through, and honestly was enough to make me consider if the payoff would be worth it.

Overall, I wish this game was better. It's worth trying, but it's up to you to decide if you want to carry it through to level 99 and then having to get good gear from there. If it weren't basically taking up a second job to have to grind this game, I feel it would likely be one of the better free games out there. But this simply isn't realistic on the type of game Elsword has made itself. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Feel free to call me whatever in comments(you'll probably be right)
Posted August 17, 2019. Last edited August 17, 2019.
I'm writing this from an experience of about 2 hours, and I intend to keep it that way. This game was..interesting, to say the least. I wholeheartedly believe that the reason I didn't enjoy this game is simply because I'm not good at it. However, I feel there isn't much room for new blood either when everyone in the game seems to have been around for a long time/since launch. In the few games that I played, I was consistently matched against players that were VERY high ranked players(or maybe that was just their wallet talking) with very few people around my skill level. I'm aware of the vs. A.I. but that was no help.

The issue I have with the current tutorial as of writing this is they only teach you ONE god, and because of that one god I learned, I had no real reason to want to play anything else because anything else simply didn't get results. I felt stifled to want to learn the game from the very beginning when I could only use one thing to get some minor results without getting my ♥♥♥♥ pushed in by the guy that's been playing for over a thousand hours. This, however, I do assume is just because I'm bad at the game.

All and all this IS a good game, despite my non recommendation. I just simply don't believe there's room for new talent, or maybe I was just given a big streak of bad luck in my matchmaking. I probably won't come back to the game, but please don't let this review discourage you. This game is absolutely worth a try.
Posted July 23, 2019.
if you don't care for the base wot for whatever reason, this one might be better suited for you. no arty and the games are faster. however my only minor complaint is that at times it feels like the match ups between tanks feel less of who has better armour and strategy, and more who has more hp to tank shells from the other guy.

Posted April 4, 2019.
this game has a lot of potential, but right now it's something to avoid. you also need to buy characters with in game currency when you unlock 2 by default. a captain falcon and fox fusion and then basically the tf2 engineer. keep an eye on it, but avoid it for now.
Posted September 1, 2018.