0.0 hrs last two weeks / 1.1 hrs on record (0.5 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jan 15 @ 5:26pm
Updated: Jan 15 @ 5:26pm

Honestly, I just bought this game for dat ass. . . what can I say, I'm an ass man!
Censorship?
Not applicable.
Thirty minutes.
Not applicable.

Cyber Rider is a runner game with a sci-fi theme.

Dodge oncoming traffic and score points! You may choose between three difficulty levels, which dictate the speed of traffic and multiply the number of points you earn. Before entering the game, you can choose between "day or "night" -- this option appears to be purely cosmetic. Speaking of cosmetics, you can choose between bikes and outfits (or rather, recolors) from the "Garage". These items are unlocked when target scores are reached (so get gud mate!)

There is no story (and I'm not making one up!)

The titlescreen looks great! It's animated and super stylish. From "Garage", unlocked cosmetics can be applied to the player character. For the time being, "Online" is blotted out -- no doubt an upcoming feature. Audio, display and resolution preferences can be adjusted from "Option". You may view global scores from the "Global Rank" menu. Considering most players may not be able to earn a place in global rankings, I think this game would benefit from a "Personal Rank" menu of sorts. I enjoyed the user-interface overall, although I'd like to see a toggleable, in-game score counter.

- The Goods -
There is no adult content or nudity. . . but you know what'd make this game better? Adult content or nudity. It'd be cool to see a DLC that would introduce new outfits, perhaps skimpier versions of what is already available. I saw them boobie physics -- let's put 'em to use, eh Devs?

Verdict
I'd wait for a light sale, but if you're a fan of runner games you might get a kick out of Cyber Rider. This game is very easy to pick up, but it'll surely test your skill -- and maybe even your patience. Cyber Rider is not a friendly game for casual players. If you're not ready to grit your teeth, chances are you'll only see a few minutes of gameplay and unlock nothing. This game would benefit from stronger incentives for casual players to reach for, such as increased cosmetics or even unlockable power-ups to lower the difficulty ceiling. In summary, Cyber Rider is a barebones time killer that's worth a dollar (or two).

<3 Follow the Wombat Trap Curator page for more reviews! Click here!
<3 Join the Wombat Trap Group to stay up to date on propaganda! Click here!
<3 Sell your soul to me with Patreon to keep me alive! Click here![www.patreon.com]