0.0 hrs last two weeks / 4.2 hrs on record (0.4 hrs at review time)
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 @ 4:59pm
Updated: Feb 17, 2021 @ 1:15am

(F, FxM) Sexual content.
Censorship?
Mosaic'd genitalia.
Two or three hours.
Download EXE. Link in full review.

DRINK BAR MAID -REGRESSION- is a lewd automated gacha game about anthropomorphic drinks fighting their rotting counterparts.

Assemble a team and watch 'em fight (or maybe get raped if the adult-patch is installed!) You may choose up to three characters to bring into battle. Each girl has own special skill. By forming strong team compositions, it's possible to defeat foes many times stronger than your combined might! By defeating enemies, you are able to gain new teammates and "materials" to strengthen their abilities. Combat is totally automated -- just hold the "space" button until someone loses! If that someone happens to be you, don't worry. . . you can't actually lose the game. On the contrary, you'll be awarded pity pay!

LODs, or "Left Over Drinks" are aggressive, "dangerous organisms" that are formed from unconsumed "Concentrated Fluid". Concentrated Fluid is produced by DBMs, or "Drink Bar Maids". Stored inside their supple breasts, Concentrated Fluid is used to manufacture "perfect nutritional beverages". LODs produce "Waste Fluid", a deadly concoction. Like DBMs, LODs want humans to drink their fluids -- nothing short of killing them will keep them from forcing themselves into humans! Headquarters has been at war with a sudden boom of LODs. Having exhausted their military, Headquarters was forced to request help from "The Company", primary source of DBMs. With the Maids' help, Headquarters is saved! However LODs are still rampant, and no one's sure where they are coming from -- but answer may lie beneath the DBMs' feet!

The titlescreen is nicely formatted, but it's clearly based on a stock RPGMaker screen. From "Option", you may adjust audio, display and gameplay preferences. In-game, from "System" you may toggle "Lost Events", sex-scenes that are added by the adult-patch (provided it's installed). The game can only be controlled via the mouse -- I would have appreciated full keyboard compatibility. The user-interface often generates annoying pop-up menus, but they are a minor inconvenience.

- The Goods -
There is no adult-content without the patch. I don't think there are even any waifus in the game!

ALL LANGUAGES ​​PATCH -- PATCH FOR ALL LANGUAGES [EXE]

This (EXE) patch adds "Lost Events" and DBM character portraits to the game. As DBMs take damage, their clothes are stripped away. Whenever you lose a match, all of their clothes are stripped away! Lost Events are sex-scenes that are unlocked when you lose specific matches with specific characters. During my playthrough, I only saw one Lost Event. I'm unsure how many Lost Events there are (because I couldn't be bothered to systematically unlock them). Sex-scenes consist of a single, static CG with multiple variations, and some dialogue. The artwork is high-quality (but marred by censorship). The women of DRINK BAR MAID -REGRESSION- have enormous breasts and bodies -- their proportions are almost comical. I don't think there are any consensual sex-scenes -- your teammates will always be raped by one or more humans or monsters.

Verdict
Wait for a sale. . . a big sale. DRINK BAR MAID -REGRESSION- was fun while it lasted, but it's too short and unrefined. It took me less than three hours to beat the game. Endgame content is an RNG-fest -- but if luck favors you, the game could probably be beaten in two hours or less. Though there are twenty unlockable characters, only a handful are worth using. It sucks grinding for upgrades. The fact combat is fully automated doesn't owe to much strategy; beyond choosing your teammates, battles boil down to proverbial coin flips. Unless you go out of your way to unlock so-called "Lost Events", it's likely you will not see any adult content whatsoever. DRINK BAR MAID -REGRESSION- is a cool idea, but the game could have been more. . . and given the price tag, it should have been more. I hope to see the developers (瀧音MELO) continue to improve this title. Until then, I would keep this game on your wishlist -- it needs some time in the oven.

<3 Follow the Wombat Trap Curator page for more reviews! Click here!
<3 Join the Wombat Trap Group to stay up to date on propaganda! Click here!
<3 Sell your soul to me with Patreon to keep me alive! Click here![www.patreon.com]
DatWombat Feb 17, 2021 @ 5:39pm
Hah, well it's actually not bad. It's not an online game (so no microtransactions), and after a few hours I managed to unlock every character in the game :)
Blood Feb 17, 2021 @ 5:12pm