0.0 hrs last two weeks / 12.6 hrs on record (4.1 hrs at review time)
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 @ 6:47pm
Updated: Nov 27, 2020 @ 12:18am

(F, FxF, FxM) Sexual content.
Censorship?
Six or seven hours.
No, not necessary.

Atelier Tia is a lewd 2D action side-scroller about Tia and her battle against Dark Rose, and stop their plan to take over the land (with sex!)

Beat up baddies and smash your way through boss fights! The goal of each level is to beat the main boss, though between them are loads of enemies and hostages to rescue. They drop crafting materials, which are used to produce useful items and equipment. After completing each level, you're rated based on completion, damage-taken, hostages rescued and timing. If you take too much damage, your clothes will tear away, allowing enemies to grapple your goodies (and deal damage over time). At your disposal are a suite of powerful "special attacks", which are limited in usage. Special attacks recharge on their own, but they can be quickly replenished by raping fallen foes -- they had it coming!

Tia is but a humble, tsundere alchemist filling in for her master's absence. By her side is Mister Poppo, her servant (and punching bag). To her surprise, everyone she knows has become part of some sexual scheme: the mysterious Dark Rose has risen to power, using the Ero Incense to turn the land into one great big orgy! Tia goes on a quest to gather what she needs to mix an elixir: an elixir would allow her to cure the people of Eclairnia, though thwarting Dark Rose won't be so simple! Little does Tia know, her quest may be the machination of a super genius she once knew. To read a full-playthrough, click here![wombattrap.com]

I liked the titlescreen! It's aesthetic, organized, and the protagonist reacts with your selections! It's a nice touch when she waves "goodbye" after exiting the game. You can review CGs and scenes from the "Gallery", with the bulk of the UI able to be hidden. From "Option", you can adjust audio, display and language preferences; you can also view an illustrated guide to controller/keyboard controls, though keys cannot be remapped. I did find the default control scheme to be adequate, I'm thankful that the developers didn't lock-in the "arrow" keys for movement. Overall, the user-interface is a pleasant sight, but navigation is kind of a pain. I would have liked to have seen more mouse control.

- The Goods-
The adult-content is divided into two categories, "Sprites" and "CG Animation". "Sprites" refers to in-game sexual content, whenever the player (or hostages) are grappled, or when the player rapes female enemies. There are sixty-four rape animations against the player, fifteen for hostages, and nineteen against bosses and animations. These animations include creatures and devices of all shapes and sizes, such as animals and sex-devices. There are fifteen full-art, animated, interactive CGs focused on the main characters. These scenes are mostly rape scenes for the player (should they lose to a major boss), and the bosses themselves (when they are defeated by the player).

Verdict
If you value strong gameplay, wait for a good sale; otherwise, the artwork justifies the price! Atelier Tia is a monotonous, button-mashing beat-'em-up with an impressive amount of lewd content. If you get off on rape (lots, and lots of rape), you'll love what this game has to offer! During my playthrough, I counted maybe two consensual sex-scenes (and one of them was masturbation!) But it's all in good fun -- there were few times where the victims acted like victims. I liked how sexual-content was married with gameplay, and even if you die enjoying it a little too much you're practically rewarded; you'll get to restart the fight with all of your stats restored!

<3 Follow the Wombat Trap Curator page for more reviews! Click here!
<3 Join the Wombat Trap Group to stay up to date on propaganda! Click here!
<3 Sell your soul to me with Patreon to keep me alive! Click here![www.patreon.com]
Sabatar73 Nov 28, 2020 @ 6:48am
Hi, great review !!!:catpaw: Thank you for your hard work good sir !!!:catpaw: Please correct me if I am wrong but the gameplay appeared a little bit stiff ??? Sex sceens looks Iike I would get very stiff thought !!! LoL :catpaw: Have a great day