0.0 hrs last two weeks / 13.4 hrs on record (13.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 @ 1:05am

(F, FxM) Sexual content.
Censorship
Six or more hours.
No, not necessary.

Demon Tamer is a lewd RPG about defending what remains of mankind from the demon lords.

Battle demons and monsters to tame them and add them to your party; I suppose this game is a bit like catching Pokémon, except the monsters are not as cool (or cute). Demons can be recruited as members of your party, or banged when you get home. Combat is otherwise turn-based, and not unlike most RPGMaker titles. It's best to spam magic and technique abilities whenever possible, ideally every turn. There are no side quests, but you can raid cities for hidden monsters and supplies. This game is stupid hard — it took me two or three hours just to be able to survive a random encounter.

To read the full length "Gameplay", be sure to check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

During a stroll, You rescues a gnome named Dormer from an demon wolf. After defeating the monster, You recites to the wolf the rules of the Demonic Registry; it states that if defeated in combat, demons must submit to the victorious party as servants. The wolf is bound to his Registry, allowing You to do with him as he pleases. Dormer offers to take You to his secret hideout, where he explains the state of the world.

Gnomes and humans share this world, and both are either dead or hiding from the ongoing demon invasion.

To read the full length "Story", be sure to check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

I was not impressed by the titlescreen; it's a cluttered mess of clashing art styles and stretched portraits. From "Options", you may adjust audio and gameplay preferences. To make the application go fullscreen, hit the "F4" key. Though there is no "gallery", lewd artwork can be easily accessed in-game when it is unlocked.

However, the user-interface cannot be hidden, and sex scenes cannot be skipped.

To read the full length "Visuals", be sure to check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

- The Goods -
There are quite a bit of static CGs in this game, if I had to guess there's probably at least twenty base CGs (with variants showing progression). The artwork isn't remarkable; it is in my opinion that it is grossly amateur, and it's what I'd expect from an aspiring hentai-artist. Compared to most other adult-games on the Steam market, the art quality is unacceptable. Less-than-stellar art is okay if it touches on taboo themes or is joined with high quality writing; however, the adult-content simply falls short overall. Expect male-on-female sexual content.

Verdict
I don't recommend this game. Sometimes I had fun playing this game. After the first three hours of misery, I made a team that could infinitely spam powerful, all-enemy attacks and send bosses into infinite stun-loops. . . if the RNG gods allowed it. Yet even with my power plays, this game was still too hard. This game is flawed in so many ways, and the payoff isn't exactly top-notch.

To read the full length review, click here![wombattrap.com]

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. Trust me, you want to.

To stay up to date on announcements and propaganda, click here!
FutoFist Jul 2, 2020 @ 1:53am
Tnx for a good review. I try to read reviews before I buy a new game to get some sort of mental help before blowing my cash on a new game. Keep up the good work! And sometimes it is more fun to read a review than to play the game :moth_veronica: