Posted: May 22, 2020 @ 6:27pm

(F, FxM) Sexual content.
Censorship
One or two hours.
No, not necessary.

Hentai Roguelike is a lewd memeware about an unnamed warrior and uh, her battle against unsuspecting baddies across the lands. Wait, are you the bad guy?

Are these "hentai" memewares upping their production quality? Will I regret thinking such a foolish thing? Let's go see!

Game-play
Before you're allowed to play the game, the combat tutorial is forced upon you. It'll teach you the basics, but it suffers from some horrid flaw — the tutorial is delivered through written prompts, which fill the screen at presignated points. Everytime you cross these invisible barriers, you're paralyzed until you exit the pesky dialogue. This becomes a big problem if an enemy decides to attack you, and you're stun-locked half to death. Ugh. And that's not all!

You can't pause the game. Why, why can't we pause the game? It's a single player game, for ♥♥♥♥'s sakes.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to talk about the actually gameplay, the "fun" part. Spam "attack" and roll. Actually, the only time you need to roll is against boss enemies, since you can't stunlock them to death. Mash number keys to spam powers, and win again and again. You can collect currency to unlock a "Hentai Book", which opens a small gallery of lewd images, and you can buy a new weapon. A new weapon. There's also a "Photo Mode", where you're supposed to be able to navigate each stage without the bother of enemies, so you can take pictures. Photo Mode is lie.

I got ganged up by enemies and the game told me I was a dead motherflower, right after I struck a t-pose. Sigh.

There is no story, moving on.

The titlescreen is. . . promising. The interface looks good and from the "Settings" menu you can adjust a wide variety of audio, display, and resolution preferences. I do recognize the interface from other titles, however. But it's flush. The in-game visuals are somewhat mixed (probably the result of mashing assets together), but the player character is a busty n' attractive.

That's what matters right?

- The Goods -
The protagonist looks alright, and you can drop her clothes before any stage. If you unlock the "Hentai Book", you can behold a set of (static) okay-CGs. Expect female nudity and male-on-female sexual intercourse.

Verdict
I don't recommend this game, but if are looking for a low-budget, "memey" game, this is one of the few I might actually recommend. I'll concede that this game is pretty good for what it is — but that's not saying much. It's a deeply flawed wreck that I suspect was purposely made bad. . . but who knows, a few updates from now I might have to retract my words.

I hope.

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. Trust me, you want to.

To stay up to date on announcements and propaganda, click here! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wombattrap