0.0 hrs last two weeks / 13.2 hrs on record (3.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 @ 11:36pm
Updated: Aug 13, 2020 @ 12:45am

(F, FxM) Sexual content.
Censorship?
Six or seven hours.
No, not necessary.

Blood price is a lewd RPG about an usurped queen and her journey to recover her lost friends, and to defeat the one that took everything away from her.

Blood price is a rather standard RPGMaker experience. You go from point "A" to point "B", grinding for experience and gear between boss fights. Combat is turn-based, and initiative is determined by the way the player character "touches" enemies on the map. Each character possesses a unique set of magic and specialties which provide useful effects. New party members can be summoned by "eggs", although they are not as powerful as story characters. There is a point in the game where you must learn how to play poker — if you don't know how, I suggest aiming for "pairs" and save scumming until you win.

To read the full length "Gameplay", check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

Mina is a young vampire-girl with newfound responsibility. With her father's death, she is now the sole ruler of the Adelhart kingdom. However, her rule does not last very long — her land is swiftly taken by the evil Clown, a mad scientist bent on destruction and mayhem. She narrowly escapes his claws, only to be separated by her friends. Mina must locate her pals and form a fighting force to retake her throne as the rightful ruler of her father's land.

To read the full length "Story", check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

The titlescreen looks okay. From "Sound Setting" you may adjust audio preferences. The application is forced fullscreen, although the gameplay is confined to a 4:3 playing area. To my knowledge, there is no way to window the application. There are no other user-preferences to adjust, or even a gallery to review CGS. While a gallery can be obtained after completing the game, it is only accessible in-game.

- The Goods-
There are thirty-six sex scenes to see, along with a few pieces of cut-content. As most of them are tied to losing battles, it's unlikely you'll see very many unless you throw your fights. During my six-hour playthrough, I saw four scenes — one from losing a boss battle and three from prostitution. The vast majority of the sexual content depicts the main protagonist (Mina) being beaten, blackmailed, drowned, groped, or raped by a variety of creatures. I think there's only three consensual sex scenes in the entire game. Mina's bladder is a much like a water balloon, waiting to pop at a moment's notice.

To read the full length "Goods", check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

Verdict
I recommend this game when it goes on sale. While there are a lot of great CGs with kinky themes, the core gameplay and delivery of said CGs are deeply flawed. I didn't find Blood price to be terribly entertaining, or remotely challenging. If the gameplay and story were better refined, this could have been a solid RPG, given the depraved and sumptuous gallery. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Blood price at full price.

<3 Follow the Wombat Trap Curator page for more reviews! Click here!
<3 Join the Wombat Trap Group to stay up to date on propaganda! Click here!
<3 Sell your soul to me with Patreon to keep me alive! Click here![www.patreon.com]