0.0 hrs last two weeks / 0.9 hrs on record (0.8 hrs at review time)
Posted: Mar 21, 2020 @ 1:05am

Yes, (F) nudity.
Censorship
No. Wo-o-ot!
One hour.

Borderus is lewd zone conquerin' game (which I'm sure there's a name for, but I wouldn't know).

Each stage consists of a covered image, and one or more enemies (represented by grey dots). The goal is to "clear" the image using a trail which follows your avatar. By connecting that trail with the border of the stage, the image beneath is revealed. However, should you or your trail contact an enemy, it's game over (and you'll have to restart the stage from scratch). As you progress, new power-ups are introduced. One freezes enemies, another slows them down, and one kills one random enemy. Enemies can be defeated by "trapping" them with your trail, but this id extremely difficult to perform without a combination of power-ups.

By the time you get to the later stages, winning is mostly a matter of getting the right RNG. Power-ups spawn in randomized locations. When the stars align, stages can be completed in seconds. Most of the time, completing stages is a frustrating game of attrition.

There is no story, moving on.

The user interface is good enough. I found the in-game visuals to be boring and uninspired, but also good enough. I did enjoy the overall nontraditional interface.

- The Goods -
The ladies are hit or miss, but mostly miss. The lewd content is rendered using 3D models, but most of the models look like their on something. Bloodshot eyes and raggedy hair. However, there was one model which looked great! It's a shame she was overshadowed by the lessor ladies. The images appear grainy (as if rendered too hastily) and the backgrounds are poor. They are not in the correct aspect ratio to "fill" the screen. The lighting on the models is poor. Expect basic female nudity.

Verdict
I don't recommend this game. The game isn't very fun, and the rewards aren't rewarding.

-Words for the Devs -
I think that the player should have hit points. Perhaps instead of having two (of three) stars being linked to completion times, one could be linked to taking no damage. This would lower the skill barrier (for progression) while still encouraging users not to take damage. While I think the gameplay needs work, my biggest gripe with this title is the artwork. I thought the models were not rendered very well, and the images ought to be replaced with superior renders (that actually fill the screen when viewed).

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. Trust me, you want to.

To stay up to date on announcements and propaganda, click here!https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wombattrap