0.0 hrs last two weeks / 1.2 hrs on record (0.4 hrs at review time)
Posted: Mar 5 @ 3:31pm
Updated: Mar 5 @ 3:34pm

No (base), yes (DLC). (F, FxF, FxM) Sexual Content.
Censorship
Two hours.
Yes, purchase as DLC.

Puzzle Girls: Alexa is a lewd swippy-swappy game.

- Disclaimer -
For the purposes of this review, the adult patch is installed.

You start with an image that is divided into tiles. Those tiles are scrambled, and you're to unscramble them by "swapping" their positions. There are five game modes to choose from. In "Campaign Mode", you solve each puzzle with a progressively harder difficulty setting. "Relaxing Mode" is a stupid easy mode, where no more than six tiles are required to be moved to solve each puzzle. "Random Mode" takes the traditional swippy-swappy puzzle a step further. In addition to being scrambled, they are also flipped and rotated (increasing difficulty). It is also the only non-linear mode to choose from. "Insanity Mode" is basically "Random Mode", minus the randomization and with tons more tiles.

And then, there's "Impossible Mode". Take a wild ♥♥♥♥♥♥' guess what that means.

Interestingly, this is a linear swippy-swappy puzzle game. Most modes require that you play the game in a certain order. I think that this should have been reserved for "Campaign Mode", and incentivised with textual story. This game would benefit from a "stage select" screen of sorts.

There isn't much of a story to go off of, but there are four consistant characters that are shown in each artwor. There are two ladies and two men, both engaged in a sort of "swippy-swappy" relationship. The dudes share ladies, and the ladies share each other.

The title menu is a bit of a mess, with conflicting visuals, excess information, and blatent developer advertising. I also noticed a jarring visual error on background. The gallery is easy to navigate, and there are twelve "base game" illustrations. There is no lewd content in the base game, but the images are really, really well drawn.

- The Goods -
Assuming you purchased the DLC content, a whole new gallery will open up. In it, sixteen new selections will appear. These selections are not single images, rather they are small sets of images showing the beginning and end of sexual encounters. They feature gratuitous money shots, and were shockingly high quality. I was honestly impressed. Expect a variety of basic male and female intercourse.

Verdict
The game's free, and sports a very high quality gallery and a variety of modes to entertain both easy-going and hardcore players. The paid DLC is chock full of deliciously lewd content, and well worth the buy. I highly recommend this title if you are a fan of swippy-swappy puzzles, or find the artwork attractive.

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page.

. . . and/or my Group.