0.0 hrs last two weeks / 0.4 hrs on record (0.1 hrs at review time)
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 @ 2:13am
Updated: Feb 28, 2020 @ 2:13am

Yes, (F) sexual content.
Censorship
Yes, bandaged genitalia.
Half an hour.
Patch Required?

ERO Girl Painter is a "keep your cursor in the line" game, where you trace, color and undress anime ladies.

Each stage starts with an outline of a girl, with big dots and thick lines between them. The idea is to click and drag the mouse cursor from dot to dot, without leaving the thick line that connects them. In doing so, you (vaguely) trace the image underneath, subsequently revealing it. After every line has been traced, you can then color the image. Coloring works like a "paint bucket" tool, where you click on empty errors to fill 'em with colors. Once each girl has been colored, then you can perform a few swipes to undress and/or repose her, eventually unveiling the final image.

There are ten stages total.

You're a painter. . . and you really like naked chicks, but your residence's law won't allow you to draw bare genitals. . . ? Making up a story for this game is a bit of a stretch.

The title menu looked great, though the option pane looked stylistically out of context. In-game, the user interface also looked pretty good. I have little complaints about navigating (or viewing) the game. However, apparently the game can't remember how to mute sound. I had to discontinue my jam session because ERO Girl Painter insisted that I jammed to stock(?) piano music instead.

There is no proper gallery. If you want to review the images that came before the finished image, you'll just have to redo the stage.

- The Goods -
The artwork is decently drawn, but lacking any significant background. Though "adult" toys can be seen in one or more images, there is no exposed genitals or "saucy" content. There are no faces, as most images only depict the lower body. Expect basic female upper-nudity.

Verdict
This isn't a bad game, but it is underwhelming. I give this game a "sideways thumb" on the basis of artwork, price point, and (somewhat) unique ideas in the face of "adult" shovelware.

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. I live and die on your thumbs (up) and follows.

DatWombat Mar 1, 2020 @ 4:38pm
I thought this game had some cool ideas, but I didn't find it as fun. . . I find "drawing" with a mouse to be painful. I imagine this game would be a bit fun-er to play with a drawing tablet.
Kepler Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:08am
this game is really fun haha