0.0 hrs last two weeks / 1.3 hrs on record (0.2 hrs at review time)
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 @ 11:59am
Updated: Mar 20, 2020 @ 11:42pm

No, unless lingerie counts.
Censorship
Not applicable.
Half-an-hour.
Patch Required?

Hentai Darts is a lewd game of darts, the sort where you throw adult-toys at a pinning platter and try not to hit a helpless girl.

- Disclaimer - At the request of the developer, I have revised this review to reflect the game in its current state. Consider this review to be current as of March 20, 2020.

Game-play
The goal of the game is to hit targets on a spinning platter. On that platter is an silhouette of an anime girl. Should you hit her (or miss the platter), you lose a "life". When you lose five lives, you lose the game. Depending on how precise you are with your darts (or dildos), you gain varying score points. The scoring system serves no purpose but to provide an arbitrary motivation.

The spinning platter has six targets. Once you hit all of them, they will respawn and the platter will spin faster. Every ten platter resets, a new silhouette will replace the old one and the targets will change positions (keeping game-play interesting). As the platter spins faster and faster, you will have to learn how to lead your targets (and avoid missing your mark).

Two anime girls stand beside the platter. As you progress, their clothes will disappear and they will moan. It's not particularly. . . exciting. But I really like the idea.

You're some perverted stuntman who gets his kicks throwin' adult-toys with deadly velocity at helpless women. You're joined by a pair of equally perverted show hosts, whom encourage you not to kill the helpless by stripping when you hit the predesignated targets.

If we had girls like that in our day-to-day loves, imagine how productive we'd be!

The user-interface is serviceable and navigable. I felt as though the game had a sort of "cheap" feel, with static, generic images and assets I've seen many times before.There is no form of gallery, though considering the distinct lack of hentai, a gallery would be uneccessary.

Verdict
If you want fifteen minutes of high-octane dart throwin' action, go for the buy. However, considering the lack of content, misleading title, and repetitive gameplay I would not recommend this game to a friend.

- Words for the Devs -
It's clear that the game hasn't changed much since release, but I'm happy to see that it is back on Steam (and hopefully the asset debacle has since been resolved). I enjoyed the inclusion of 3D mascots, even if I've seen them many-a-times. I would have liked to seen actual hentai, considering it's in the title. Perhaps self-stimulation or a form of player interaction. In any case, it's good to see you back in action.

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. Trust me, you want to.

To stay up to date on announcements and propaganda, click here! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wombattrap
Developer response:
Studio Inward  [developer] Posted: Feb 7, 2020 @ 8:03am
Good morning, sir,
The censorship of the game and the adult content are steam requirements for adult-toys and sounds of feniminal enjoyment. This is not within our jurisdiction.

The game is for the moment simple and fast but it is destined to evolve. That's why it's in the "early access" state.

Yours sincerely,
Studio Inward
W.A. the Anum Mar 21, 2020 @ 3:13pm
there is still a similar FREE game outthere which pretty much is the same. you can find the link in my (maybe old) review. AKA why should i pay for something if i get something VERY SIMILAR for totally free if i want?
DatWombat Mar 20, 2020 @ 11:13pm
Attention!
For those of you reading the comments section, they are no longer current as of March 20, 2020. The reportedly stolen assets have been removed, and the game re-released with significant visual changes.

I maintain a strict policy against deleting comments. Disregard all comments before this comment.
W.A. the Anum Feb 10, 2020 @ 7:27am
pretty much. i think by now people should just report it and it should be taken down from steam. the art is used without permission and the whole game is an asset flip, nothing else.
Darke Feb 10, 2020 @ 5:01am
W.A. the Anum Feb 9, 2020 @ 7:57pm
Someone told me (in my reporting thread on DA) that the whole game actually is a whole RIP OFF from another, F-R-E-E game you can play online!
Again, it looks better and its FREE...oh and do you hear the SOUND effect~? comes pretty close right~?
W.A. the Anum Feb 9, 2020 @ 6:16pm
true but here at least i knew some of the art and contacted already some artists.
i mean, there is even an art from D.VA inside this game, from OVERWATCH. I dotn think blizzard want that~
Capron Denim Feb 9, 2020 @ 6:13pm
I'm pretty sure like 90% of the shovelware hentai games are stolen art.
W.A. the Anum Feb 9, 2020 @ 6:07pm
i got already an answer from one of the artists and well they dont want it in the game aaand made a copystirke...
you should read my review about this, srsly, the pictures have some origins, they should NOT be in the game, like some from animes and some are from other GAMES.
DatWombat Feb 9, 2020 @ 6:02pm
Now that's a big oof. I don't know about the pictures' origins, but if they are in-fact stolen then they should be stripped from the game. I'm not if there's anyway to reimburse the artists (or "disimberse") the Developer, but I see that you're getting word out.
W.A. the Anum Feb 9, 2020 @ 11:55am
Capron Denim
you kinda can, using the tiny flag. i did already and i contacted the artist for said picture already, i already wrote a review about this game since i already saw some of the other pictures in the game elsewhere and im 100% sure that the dev had no legal rights to use any of them.