0.0 hrs last two weeks / 0.3 hrs on record (0.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 @ 10:40am
Updated: Mar 1, 2020 @ 4:46pm

Censorship
Not Applicable.
Half-an-hour.
Patch Required?
Not applicable.

Cirnos Perfect Summer is a brief visual novel.

Game-play
The only button you need to know is "enter", because this is a reading game. As a visual novel, this game focuses on story and imagery to engage the player, but there are no choices to be made. You just click and read to the end.

Moka Latte is a maid lost in New York, and out of the job. After stumbling upon a flyer labeled "Maid Wanted", she pursued the opportunity. Meanwhile, a little-lady named Cirno wanders the Youkai Mountain "looking to have some fun". She finds a cave, and a shiny glowing gemstone shaped like a bird. She snatched the shiny gem and the story cuts-back to Moka. She meets Sakuya, who gives Moka the up-down.

Moka finds herself employed and meets her coworker, Hong Meiling. After a brief introduction, mistress Remilia Scarlet shows-up. Moka swoons for mistress Remlia, and the story moves outside. The sky tears-open, revealing a monster-like fairy. She's intends on conquering New York, and bears a striking resemblence to the shiney gem (mentioned earlier).

It's up to our protagonists, Moka and friends to save New York city!

I was not impressed by the visuals. The backgrounds appeared to be photographs with filters applied over them, and the characters generic anime portraits. Most of the portraits looked serviceable. I have a feeling that without playing the developers' other works, these characters will make little to no sense to you. To me, the characters struck me as "OCs" you might find scrolling down an art platform, like Deviant Art. There are no full-pieces of art, unless you count the filter-ladden photographs.

Verdict
I wouldn't pay more than nothing for this title. But guess what, it's free! If you are familiar with the characters in this story, I'm sure it is worth a read. If not, this novel will not make you want to learn more about them. I think that is a failed opportunity, as a free game could have been a great way to lull new players into other (paid) titles.

If you enjoy my review(s), please follow my Curator page. I live and die on your thumbs (up) and follows.

suckdog mcnut (Scientist) Dec 15, 2020 @ 6:02am
Wtf is this over analysis of a 13 minute visual novel.
Holy shit go outside and pick up a football for once.
DatWombat Mar 1, 2020 @ 4:46pm
Eheheh, I think you're right. I'd best correct my spelling eh?
Oktopus Mar 1, 2020 @ 12:01am
It's spelled "paid."
Ultimate Coomera Feb 16, 2020 @ 10:34pm
touhou is a culture. eventually, everyone will know it by heart
DatWombat Feb 16, 2020 @ 1:01pm
You know, I didn't do a ton of research on the assets themselves. I figured that they were ripped from other works (of the developers'). Where ever they came from, somethin's afoot.
Ultimate Coomera Feb 15, 2020 @ 7:28pm
Idk about the black haired OC maid girl, but the rest of the characters are ripped from Touhou. Their pictures arnt even original art, theyre stolen. Chances are the OC girl is also stolen art.