0.0 hrs last two weeks / 3.7 hrs on record (0.5 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jan 29 @ 8:57pm
Updated: Jan 30 @ 12:51am

Censorship
Not applicable.
A few hours.
Patch Required?
Yes, download on Steam.

H-Rescue is swippy-swappy and match-two H-puzzle game, but with substance.

Game-play
This title is another puzzle-game, and not a challenging one either. It's one of those games where you just exchange two pieces on a board and re-assemble a jambled puzzle.

Jambled. that's a word right?

As you solve puzzles, make sure to keep an eye-out for sparklies. They will reveal (what I presume to be) hidden lore!

The game starts with the protagonists investigating a (red) portal. There have been reports of missing girls, and they appear to be linked to the portal (and the dungeon it contains). He and Miraha find the girls, and (after transcribing some ancient text) it is revealed that they are a group of nine virgins, soon to be sacrificed to the "supreme god Zek". Apparently, he's not a cool god. He hung with demons, and was defeated by a (presumably good) god named Tah.

Here, the actual game starts.

We first meet a girl named Hanna. She's a royal soldier, a slayer of Void creatures. She was captured and found herself subdued by a magic spell (which the protagonists break). After her, it's on to the rest of the cast. There's a lot of variety in this game, from a succubus to a devout Tah fanatic! You can read-up (a few paragraphs of) lore for each character after your solve their puzzles.

This is an H-puzzle game with lore. How awesome!

The background is a repetitive cave texture. It. . . kind of gets old, seeing how it's the only background (I've seen so far). But it's a nicely drawn cave. Cave aside, the ladies are wonderfully drawn, and animated. And dare I say, animated well! The animations remind me of another title's, one called Mirror. Oh, and a group of titles called Lost.

Verdict
This is one of the best H-swippy-swappy puzzle games I've played in long time. I would be happy to group this game with the likes of Mirror, and I would be happy to pay full price (or two USD) for this game.

If you enjoy my review(s), please follow my Curator page. I live and die on your thumbs (up) and follows.