0.0 hrs last two weeks / 0.3 hrs on record (0.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 @ 12:22am
Updated: Jun 27, 2020 @ 12:23am

Censorship
Not applicable.
Thirty minutes.
To my knowledge, no.

Maidesktop is a mildy lewd desktop pet featuring a maid and BDSM equipment.

After booting up Maidesktop, a reasonably attractive woman will appear on-screen. For the sake of simplicity, I'll refer to her as "Cute Maid", taking inspiration from the "About the Game" section on the Steam store page. Cute Maid lives on your screen, and she is overlayed over your applications. You can touch and whip her body, but her reactions are short-lived and frankly not very entertaining.

Like Summer Girl, Maidesktop features unlockable content.

New hair, outfits and poses can be unlocked by moving the mouse cursor. Summer Girl required roughly an hour of violently jerking the mouse cursor back and forth to unlock all content. I think that the movement required for Maidesktop is more reasonable for content to be unlocked naturally, such as browsing the internet or perhaps solving puzzle games. If you're impatient, you can unlock everything Cute Maid has to offer you in under twenty minutes.

To read the full length "Gameplay", be sure to check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

There is no story, moving on.

I'll be copy/pasting some content from my review for Summer Girl, a similar piece of software with a nearly identical interface.

There is no title menu. Language preference can be adjusted by a small button that appears when your cursor hovers over her legs. It's tedious to navigate to your choice language, as each option must be clicked through one-by-one. You may alter the appearance of the avatar through an always-active menu, but it suffers the same flaw as the language button. The interface (to my knowledge) cannot be hidden, and as a result detracts from the in-game experience.

To read the full length "Visuals", be sure to check this review out on Wombat Trap (dot-com).

- The Goods -
Cute Maid can be touched and whipped, but her reactions aren't very arousing. She fails as an arousing character, and given what she can do I don't think she's exactly "family friendly" either. In my opinion, adult-software is all or nothing; if you're not aiming for a full adult experience, you should instead aim your game for everyone else. Expect not-quite female nudity.

Verdict
I don't recommend this game, but I almost do. I think this is a great foundation for a cool desktop pet, and with some added liveliness and an improved menu it'd be an okay piece of software. If the concept of a highly-customizable, super interactive desktop buddy was realized in the future, I would be willing to pay a premium for a sort of "Maidesktop MK II". Until then, I'd sit on an update or two before purchasing this software on sale.

To read the full review, click here.[wombattrap.com]

- Words for the Devs -
Once again, thank you for providing me a copy of your game. I enjoyed writing a review for this title, though I still wasn't fully satisfied with this software. Had I of purchased it, I would have likely yielded a shorter, more harsh opinion on this title. I apologize for yet another negative review on my behalf, but I encourage you to read my "full length review" on this title from my personal website. If you are interested in what I liked/didn't like about this title, I have provided an extended article to help you improve your development in the future.

If you enjoy my reviews, please follow my Curator page. Trust me, you want to.

To stay up to date on announcements and propaganda, click here!
Developer response:
zoocros  [developer] Posted: Jun 27, 2020 @ 12:32pm
Click the costume button about 10 times to enter nude mode.
I didn't mention it because I imagined a situation where a user accidentally discovered it and was happy. I'm sorry.
I am adding more content this week. Thank you for your advice.
tsnxmi Oct 30, 2020 @ 12:59am
are u sucking the rubber on that pencil?
MarinaPL Aug 14, 2020 @ 10:59am
its 18+ i love it
Oobi Jul 11, 2020 @ 10:47am
cringe review
Dan Jul 5, 2020 @ 1:34am
@Garce barring your personal attacks, your argument doesn't make that much sense since receiving a product for free usually indicates a positive bias towards the product (because you spent less as expected and might be friendly with the dev). He even states is his review that "Had I of purchased it, I would have likely yielded a shorter, more harsh opinion on this title". Therefore it sounds weird that you are accusing him of being extra negative.
Garce Jul 2, 2020 @ 8:03pm
Don't apologize, Zoo. Strip them naked, slap their asses, and don't apologize. Wombat likes to sh*t on everything he gets for free.