Posted: Mar 3 @ 1:35am

(F) Nudity.
Censorship?
Two or three hours.
No, not necessary.

Fight Angel Special Edition is a lewd 2D fighting game about a series of “invitations” to a tournament with an unknown prize.

Defeat round-after-round of fighter (or make your own!) “Story Mode” provides chronological fights with tidbits of story in between. Unfortunately, you’re forced to play a specific cast of fighters (you’re not allowed to choose your own characters). “Arcade Mode” offers chronological fights where you’re permitted to choose your own character. Every time you defeat a foe, you’ll earn some coins: these coins can be used to purchase cosmetics from the “Store”. You’re able to customize pre-existing characters, or create up to ten of your own. If you’re feeling competitive, you’re able to engage real people via “Versus Mode” (either locally or online). I’m skeptical you’ll find any randoms — you’re probably better off buying two copies of Fight Angel.

One day, Yulia and Claudia stumbled upon tickets to the Fight Angel Tournament. Whoever collects each “invitation” is deemed the winner — they form a team and set off to claim their prize!

The titlescreen is attractive — it definitely conveys what kind of game Fight Angel is. The main menu is extremely cluttered, but interactive waifus are always welcome in my books. From “Option”, you may adjust audio, display, graphical and gameplay preferences. Contrary to what “Option” would lead you to believe, you can’t actually mute the game. Fight Angel Special Edition was designed to be played with controllers, not keyboards — however, a mouse is necessary to navigate portions of the game *such as “Customization”). The characters and backgrounds don’t match. Background characters are not the same style as the playable characters (which cheapens the game). As if the game didn’t look cheap enough, battlers are imposed on each stage — it’s as if they are walking on a greenscreen! The English isn’t great, and there are a few typos here and there.

- The Goods -
By far the best part of this game is the clothes-breaking (or “cloth broking”) system. As characters take damage, their outfits are torn apart, until nothing but their underwear (or under there) remains! Many outfits are specifically tailored to showcase the uh, “goods”. Some characters offer great views when they attack, and sometimes all it takes are a few rips to see some lips! The genitalia look super ripe; it’s pretty hard to miss them while fighting (especially when you add hair).

Verdict
Wait for a sale. Fight Angel Special Edition is an okay fighter game, but it gets old fast. There isn’t much to do; the “story” offers virtually no replay value, and once you’ve played one round of “arcade” you’ve played them all. Unless you’re a completionist, I don’t see any reason to grind once you’ve created a few characters. I loved the clothes breaking system, and the gratuitous upskirts were a big highlight. However, I couldn’t help but think about SOULCALIBUR VI — this game also offers a clothes-breaking mechanic, and all it takes are a few mods to introduce full nudity. I understand SOULCALIBUR VI is a “AAA” release, but Fight Angel Special Edition isn’t better in any way. It’s biggest selling point is nudity, but it lacks any form of sexual content (and the gameplay is meh). Fight Angel Special Edition is worth picking up during a sale, but honestly, I’d consider passing.

<3 Follow the Wombat Trap Curator page for more reviews! Click here!
<3 Join the Wombat Trap Group to stay up to date on propaganda! Click here!
<3 Sell your soul to me with Patreon to keep me alive! Click here![www.patreon.com]