Posted: Feb 13, 2016 @ 4:44pm
Updated: Feb 13, 2016 @ 11:05pm

BUYER BEWARE!

This game has been advised & sold on Steam as full complete game when it has missing voices that significantly effects the main core experience of the game.

It doesn't matter how good this game is. The fact the store page doesn't show disclaimer of issues, the publisher showing very little commitment to actually have this game fully complete, flagging negative Steam review that is criticizing the missing voices & not apologizing about missing content & offering refunds for customers who have brought the game & backed the project on Kickstarter, shows how dishonorable this publisher is.

After the release of this game on Steam which was on 16 December, nothing much has changed after 2 months later at the time of writing.

What does this mean, the game will probably never be fully finished & the backers will never receive their all of physical rewards they have paid for. This game is almost one year late from their announced estimated deliver date on their Kickstarter page. This game should never have been sold on Steam Store in the first place as having licensing issues can mean the issue can't be fixed.

The saddest part is the negative reviews made in the past has been removed for unknown reasons & no one has complained those issues with the publisher, meaning the publishers have won & got away with this scandal.

I do not recommend anyone supporting any of Sekai Project's products due to this suspicious behavior. There's no rexcuse to sell this game early as missleading full product.
Developer response:
sekaiproject  [developer] Posted: Feb 15, 2016 @ 10:10pm
If you've read any of the Kickstarter updates or have ever backed any of our projects we offer a no questions asked return policy. If you are a Kickstarter backer you can email us at support@sekaiproject.com and we'll happily refund the game for you.

WAS in particular has been a tough project that we cannot offer comments on due to advice from our legal department.
[AJM]AlphaElite2 Feb 27, 2016 @ 4:09pm
To join your little discussion, I will throw another point of view in here.

I think it´s in general a bad thing to search for the guilty ones. It´s better to analyze the problem (and discuss about a possible solution) instead of blaming the culprit. I think they have learned their lesson and have enough other problems. No one would benefit If some other people blames them.
It´s like a guy who has bullied you, lies with heavy damage in front of you and you are going kick him in his face ( I hope you get what I´m trying to imply^^)
danny1145 Feb 27, 2016 @ 12:08pm
I do not deeply trust Sekai. If they did something that truly put them in a bad light, then I would oppose them. however, there is inconclusive evidence to them being guilty of criminal activities, so i'm willing to defend them until they're proven guilty. They are one of the only semi-large companies involved in localization of VNs in the West, so it should be quite obvious as to why I would be hesitant to persecute them. They brought over quite a few gems which would likely never be localized (or at least, take a very long while to localize) if not for them.
ffleader1 Feb 27, 2016 @ 10:28am
@danny1145
You surely have quite strong faith in something man. It's not a bad thing at all. It's just quite oppose to me.
In general, I don't deeply trust anything, well,at least not to the point that you do. I believe in my decision, in speculation and reasoning more than something like "faith".
Well, not really quite opposite, as you seem to argue based on reasoning too, but with some faith added into it. Again, not a bad thing.
So I guess we do share the same interest, but different way of thinking then.
(Have you ever try to argue with one of those who always calling VN readers pedophile. **** them. They can't even reason properly. All they do is having faith, keep repeat that AND absolutely ignoring all reasoning. Just saying. It's quite interesting to know you.)
[AJM]AlphaElite2 Feb 27, 2016 @ 4:34am
My review was my honest opinion about this game.
I just wanted to say that...
CodeGears Feb 27, 2016 @ 4:28am
well i noted down all the usernames that left a positive review just in case i see them again
just posting reviews
danny1145 Feb 27, 2016 @ 4:12am
I see your point here, but once again, you have no proof. There is no way to discern if they admitted it because of a public leak or because they had just found out about it. The publisher doesn't have a way of monitoring all of their devs' activities. It seems unfair to blacklist them when it is entirely plausible that they had just found out about the bribes and chose to do the right thing. Sekai is fairly small in comparison to large companies like Ubisoft and Microsoft, so it is possible that they have some devotion to their audience (especially considering that they serve to a very niche audience).
ffleader1 Feb 27, 2016 @ 4:05am
Ok then let put the "bribe" part aside. What I meant is this:
Do you really really think that SP really want to publicly announce something really bad for the company itself like this from the first place, the first moment they knew about it?
They knew about all the affair with this game, but they tried to let it slide. It seems to be a good thing for both SP and SRL, speaking from a company view of course. However, SP can't put up with SRL being too much on an a$$hole any more, they decided to announce everything. So that's why I said: SRL is obviously a dick, but SP contributed something to this matter too.
I hope I clarify it enough.
danny1145 Feb 27, 2016 @ 3:56am
I would say that it did go quite smoothly at release. Obviously I can't be everywhere at once, but I hadn't seen all that many troubles apart from the voice acting and this. Regarding the legal action part, how is that concrete evidence? All they did is say that they had no comment, meaning that they had no need to devote time to these allegations.
I called you narrow-minded and idiotic for accusing me of bribes, simply because it is slanderous and ignorant. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion on the game and Sekai, but I quite dislike being accused of something all because of my stance on the matter.

By the way, what do you mean in the 2nd sentence? I honestly cannot discern any meaning from it, so i'm afraid you will have to be more specific.
ffleader1 Feb 27, 2016 @ 3:49am
@danny they publicly say it?
Ok, I assume you are not a "narrow-minded and idotic" person, so please think for like 10 seconds:
They really want to do it, or they cannot take it any more after two years and they decided to burst out.
Also, they DID try to hide it. If you look up "we cannot offer comments on due to advice from our legal department". That's definitely hiding.
If this game release goes smoothly, do you think that SP will ever ever publicly say that "there are paid reviews for this game?"
danny1145 Feb 27, 2016 @ 3:39am
@ffleader How has SP tried to hide anything? They publicly admitted that SRL was bribing reviewers, so I fail to see how they are at fault. If anything, you should be praising them for actually admitting to it instead of sweeping it under the rug like many companies do. Also, you accuse me of being bribed simply because I gave a good review to a game that I enjoy? How narrow-minded and idotic of you. I have almost no friends on steam, barely any reviews, and absolutely no influence on the internet. Who in their right mind would pay some random nobody to give a good review?

I defended this game and the devs because I believed that the accusations against them were unfair (ironically, your accusations fit in the same category). Now, however, I will only defend the game. I dislike shady business tactics as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean that I can't defend a game that I thoroughly enjoyed.