Recent reviews by Reddsquirrel

The soundtrack alone is worth downloading it for.
Posted February 28, 2016.
A great beginning to a really fun series!

Many of Far Cry's game mechanics showed up again in a "little" game called Crysis.
As this is a Crytek game, it supports 1080p...and um...a lot of other stuff I forgot about/take for granted typically.
Oh, and no Uplay!
Posted February 28, 2016.
Buy it at full price. Don't wait for a sale! This is the Harvest Moon game you've been waiting for!

Developed largely by one man, Stardew Valley takes the genre's best mechanics and wraps them into a perfect little package. The creator, Eric Barone, has clearly put in his time with the Harvest Moon series. It really feels like he mixed & matched the best features from games like HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: A Wonderful Life.

OK, so there's the standard storyline: Tired of city life, you move out to your grandfather's old farm. From there, it's your job to repair, replant, and reap the rewards. The town people are nice, with much more realistic dialogue than typical. Look, I haven't played too far into it yet, but I can say for certain I never want a refund on this. As of this writing I have a little under 2 hours logged, but it's good and can only get better!

In other news, the port is good with room for improvement. There's support for oodles of resolutions and all three screen modes, including the coveted Windowed-Borderless Mode. A minor issue I encountered was my mouse cursor moving to the top left-hand corner of the screen. It only happens when you talk to someone so it isn't a big deal. I'm betting it will be fixed soon.

Thank you Mr. Barone for making such a wonderful farming game!

Oh, and thank you (the viewer) for reading this! =D

Edit 2/28/16: The cursor problem was fixed by removing my xbox controller.
Posted February 27, 2016. Last edited February 28, 2016.
I learned from the few moments I tried to play this that sound and music are integral parts of a gaming experience today. Since this has neither of those, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. This isn't like the NES version people play on Youtube. The UI is cumbersome AND DID I MENTION THERE'S NO SOUND OR MUSIC?!
Unless you're one of those who played this back in the day, there are better options out there.

Not recommended even on sale.
Posted December 28, 2015.
Very simple and fun gameplay. It's very rare to see this on sale so if you're a fan like me, I'd suggest just buying it now.

Specific areas lack of certain sounds and glitches can fall in your lap sometimes, but it runs better than Vanilla Darks Souls (at 60 FPS in 1080p). Before you make a comment about the Crystal Skull, let me just say it's actually a good movie...when everything's Lego and the characters speak gibberish. Some of the most memorable levels are from Crystal Skull. It just somehow works. This is coming from a guy past even his teen years. Like the Star Wars saga, Lego's take on Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull makes more sense than the film ever did.

You can also play through a second batch of the original films. If you've played the first game, forget what you know. The combat in each is revamped, vehicle chases are more fun, and the cutscenes aren't just ports from the last game. You can also build your own levels, but without Steam Workshop support, I can't see this being a selling point in the digital age.

Very much reccommend this if you want a pick up and play experience with few laughs mixed in.
Posted October 5, 2015.
First time I played this was on PS2. I handle discs very well, but my console seemed a bit hungry. The CD's surface had more scratches than a McDonald's bathroom mirror. Never again will this be an issue, now that we have digital download.

On a different note, Lego doesn't typically put this on sale so you'll either wait another year after reading this or you could just buy it now and enjoy.

And in case anyone's wondering, the game supports the following: Xbox 360 controling, 1080p at 60 FPS, Vsync, and whatever additional graphics options it allows. In other words, it runs better than vanilla Dark Souls. :P
Posted October 5, 2015.
It wasn't all for nothing like The Last of Us. Also, you can loot defeated enemies for ammo and supplies. Why did Joel never try it? That's survival 101 and it's fun too! :P
Posted September 18, 2015.
Remember ordering a really cool looking game from a Scholastic Book Order back in school? Well, this game was one the gems I bought in third grade. The title is misleading because you can also drive golfcarts, dune buggies, and even fly planes or helicopters. It still has that same mid-2000s charm! The stadium crowds still punch the stuffing outta each other.
I got this for 50% off and love it! Even though I played this as a kid, I wouldn't have bought it at full price considering today's pricing and competition. Runs fine on Windows 10 and doesn't need a CD/password for installation like the old-days.
Posted August 18, 2015.
I can't recommend Oniken because after a certain number of levels, the gameplay becomes un-fun and a trial to slog through (I know, I know. It's NES hard, but that doesn't mean it's fun). The grenades are next to useless if you're not facing a boss and the sword's damage enhance leaves after one hit. I know you must be thinking, "Those are just NES game mechanics.", but trust me. I said the same thing and it literally cost me. This isn't a game for everyone and most probably won't find it fun after a point like myself. I love original NES games like Super Mario Bros 3, Solar Jetman, and Shatterhand, but this just isn't the "NES Inspired" game for me. I'm more of a Shovel Knight guy...
Posted July 18, 2015.
I love this game. It feels so fresh and retro at the same time. The humor is wonderfully thought out and even the minor characters are memorable. The game keeps the Point & Click tradition of bizarre puzzle solutions so you may need a guide for specific parts, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the genre.

There are two reasons why I cannot reccommend this title at its current $10 price tag. First, for the amount of money you spend, you won't get much replay value out of it. When you consider Steam sales dishing out titles like borderlands 1 & 2 for a $10 total, games like this become a less worthy investment. Plus, GOG.com has a few Point and Click adventures floating around their site for *FREE*. I think the game could stand more of a chance if it routinely went on sale.

Second, I haven't heard any news on the game's promised sequels. It's been well over a year now since it released and there haven't been any announcements. Worst case scenario is possibly never seeing the real ending.

So in short, Fester Mudd - Episode 1 has nothing wrong with it gameplay-wise. It's actually a great game. If it were $7 or $8 and had a follow-up in the pipeline, I'd definitely recommend it! If this ever goes on sale, grab it! You'll love it and wish there were more. :D
Posted March 27, 2015. Last edited March 27, 2015.