Recent reviews by Bumble John

Fantastic. Even with the game being pretty early in development, There's enough here for an extremely well done Colony/City builder.

I bought the game back when it was on itch, and it's seriously come a long way since the beginning. There are still things that need worked on, and features that need to get added, but with what he have right now it's well worth it to buy and play!

The community is also really active on the Discord, so I'd advise jumping on there and chatting with the people involved with this game if you're unsure of what you might be buying into.
Posted September 30, 2020.
Played the game back the game released. The physics were garbage, fighting felt unsatisfying and poorly implemented, and I ended up refunding the game after only thirty-ish minutes, writing it off as another cashgrab VR game that couldn't hold up to the impressive standards games like GORN & Blades and Sorcery had set for games of this genre.

After the most recent update to the physics alongside the myriad other fixes, I have to say coming back to the game has been a joy. The fighting feels very good - not quite great yet, mind you, but much improved since release - and I actually found myself really enjoying cutting down my enemies in this. Beyond that, the battles feel great with many warriors running and fighting and dying seemlessly with little impact to my frame-rate. I must congratulate the dev's for this rather impressive up-shoot for a game I thought would be Dead on Arrival.

There are still some issues, two-handed weapon handling still feels a little clunky and the horse-riding is quite difficult alongside a few other gripes I have, but overall I've found this quite enjoyable! Can't wait to see how much further they can take this experience.
Posted August 24, 2020.

A developer has responded on Aug 25, 2020 @ 7:31am (view response)
I can't stop playing. Why can't I stop playing.

My poor wife.
Posted March 30, 2020.
Killing Nazi's has never felt so good.

Playing on quite the potato of a build, and yet I run 40 fps + with near zero issue.
Not experiencing any problems as the other folks here are...
Posted October 27, 2017.
I like it.

The devs were ♥♥♥♥♥♥ people and lied, and take far too long bringing updates to the game.

But I like it.

It's grindy.

I still like it.

it's free. If you're a Warhammer 40k fan, give it a try. It's worth some playtime at the least.
Posted August 15, 2017.
It's near half the price of Wood Elves, with almost double the content and fun factor. The faction is incredibly unique with several different unit types centered around massive monsterous creatures and heavy infantry. Very good looking models, flavor text, etc etc etc. Well worth the price!
Posted August 10, 2017.
The Bad

The UI is clunky and needs a proper update, as it can be confusing to begin with.

The graphical design reminds me of Quake Wars or something similar to that extent, which is not a bad thing in the slightest.

The game can really chug at points, but it's Early Access (Take a shot) so that should be addressed in the coming updates.

I personally struggled on my first boot of the game where the tutorial seemed to bug out a moment. I decided to get straight into the action yet it took me a few minutes of frustration to figure out the menus controls.

---

The Good

Ye'know, it took me two tries to see the actual power of this game. On my first try I found myself bored with the old-ish style of gameplay, and I quickly tossed this game into the pool of other 'try once and forget forever' titles. Give it a day or two, and I decided to give the ol' girl another spin, and to my suprise I was fascinated.

Now, the glory of this game is it's space battles. Battleships and frigates, Corvettes and strikecraft - all under the control of a superb AI or your fellow humans - wage an epic and heart-pounding hell of a conflict in the crystalized astroid fields or in the shadow of massive metaloid constructs. Flak cannons pound away at boarding ships in attempts to keep a scurge of marine troops from tearing out their insides whilst fighters weave through the clefts and curvatures of their larger friends or foes. There is nothing more enthralling then watching as your disabled battlecruiser drifts through the flurry of warfare, silent explosions racking the hull and the blarring of alarms demanding that the hands seek distance from this doomed vessel.

Buy the game. Don't worry about steam charts. Don't google if this game is dead.

Don't even read any reviews like this one. They'll all tell you the same thing - This game and the beautiful experience it holds is worth the price, and it is up to you to make sure that it becomes exactly what we all want it to be.

Tell your friends about it, hell, even buy it for them too.

A game like this deserves to succeed more than any Battlefield or Call of Duty game ever should have, and it is up to us to see it through.
Posted January 4, 2017.
2,673.4 hrs on record (1,303.0 hrs at review time)
Good for an hour or two, yeah.
Posted September 10, 2016.
1,298.1 hrs on record (653.6 hrs at review time)
Its ♥♥♥♥.

The kind of ♥♥♥♥ that gets compressed into mother ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ diamonds.

And what's to come?

Well, I know I just did.

A team of developers creating AAA quality games without the use of money grubbing publishers.
Pray to your collective gods that it stays this way. I'd also like to be the first to say that I'd let an orphanage burn to the ground to get my hands on Bannerlord a day early.

Wait, this is a review about warband? Right.

Buy it you fools, it's the only way to contain your need to play Bannerlord now!

*Incredibly evil laughter*
Posted September 5, 2016. Last edited September 5, 2016.
Very impressive turn around form the complete flop of a launch.

This is a real game now, a fun game.
Posted August 21, 2016. Last edited July 25, 2018.