Recent reviews by Atlas

< 1  2  3  4 >
As I write this, the game has just released a few hours ago, give or take. thus not much time has been given to play, however I have been in the game for 27 minutes and found many flaws and cons, more so than pros. However I am making this a postive review as The game its self seems good, and has a cool art style. (I have yet to play any other BB games thus can not compare.) Also I want this game to succeed and not be bombed by negative reviews (as of right now it seems it has.) right out of the gate, so I'm giving it benefit of the doubt. Here is my thoughts/review keep in mind that some are opinions, such as art styles, etc.:

Pros:
-Cool art style and animations (mainly the opening)
-Classic style fighting game
-Cross over characters
-Story
-The lobby is pretty cool
-Account/Profile customization (lobby avatars in chibi form, banners/name plates, icons, etc.)
-And more to come as I think of them or find them

Cons:
-no keyboard re-mapping yet (and the keyboard is tedious to use, think skullgirls if you've ever played it. for example: "J" is to accept and "K" is to go back/exit, "L,O" is side menu scroll.)
-Apparently no Xbox One controller support, even though the controls for a gamepad is Y,X,A,B (tried one, didn't work)
-Only 2 full animations according to the gallery, which is opening and credits. (wish there were more, like cutscenes or something)
-No Sound (I can here the opening music, and lobby, but during gameplay of the story I heard nothing at all, also the game says full audio in english and japanese, however the only voice I've heard is the intro voice on the start menu that's still in japanese.)
-No Voices (follows above statement)
-and more to come as I think of them or find them

Neutral:
-Some people are complaining of resolution problems, fullscreen problems, etc. I for one have not encounterd any such problems, though I am playing on a decent desktop. So for this I say check your specs before buying/downloading.
-The games story is like a visual novel, and pretty much as you'd expect like any other fighting game story. (think Injustice, you fight a match, hope to win, then the story scene/cutscene plays, in this case its "fight - read" repeat...so far)

In the end I guess the Pros are more than cons, however mostly opinionated, thus may not help.
Posted June 5. Last edited June 5.
The game is good...this pack was a lie...the game is almost dead it seems...
I bought this as a founder pack, with the intention that this pack was going off-sale at a later date, much like other people.
Now I see that during the founder faze it was "Maybe?" a bit cheaper (thinking $10-$20 USD cheaper?) maybe not...point is it's now been re-named premium pack 1 and the only difference (other than possible price) that I can see is that founders got a special animated profile avatar pic that was already in the game as an un-animated pic...This pack is worth it if it's on sale or if your a collector. really the only reason I'm giving this a negative review is because this was a lie...
much like the cake...at least the cake was free and you got an achievement.
Posted May 15, 2017.
A great little game that reminds me a lot of Starbound, and in some ways Terraria. Though no where near completed, it offers quite a few hours of playtime, and challenges (meaning the game is challenging, not that there is challenges yet, though there are about 5 or so quests) though this game seems a lot like starbound in terms of graphics and play, it is far different, a more accurate way to compare this game is with Crea, or best off not at all. This game seems very promising even with slow updates (about 1 a month or so) and is unique. You build a town (build with walls to help protect) and go find captured alieans that looks like green Anons. they spawn back at the spawn crystal (make sure you clear all enemies in the area before release or they can die) and the spawn unarmed and wander aimlessly until you give them a job. if they die then they are gone and do not come back.

Pros:
+Bosses
+Unique Boss Drops
+Dungeons
+Building/Crafting
+Morphing (turn into a monster and fight)
+Capture monsters and make them work for you
+Pets
(Only 2 for now you can equip, and you can only spawn one capture at a time, but you may have as many as you like)
+Character and Worlds are seperate (much like Starbound, create a character and use him/her anywhere)
+Enchanting and rarity

Cons:
-Not much character customization yet
-No mounts yet
-Not many quests
-Not many morphs (I WANT TO BE A SPOOKY SCARY SKELETON...that you find in a dungeon, with or without the sword)
(PS. You cant be a skelly yet)
-Needs improvements to some morphs (in video the worm has a light around it, in game it does not so you cant see)
-Only 3/4 jobs for freed aliens...needs more such as a doctor

Neutral: (some people can find this as pro or con)
-No space age equipment yet
-...eh I had more but forgot it by this point.
Posted March 21, 2017.
If you get to play it, it's a good game, great character and weapon customization, however the AI is crap and unbalanced for the most part, and the game can get repetitive quickly, but remains fun. sadly my game remains nearly unplayable do to files not given permission/access when downloading, and ingame if I get a fast car the game lags and falls behind in loading causing bugs where my team have no guns and can't help fight.

PROS:
-Fun with friends or solo (AI team can help but can also get in the way
-Story
-Good Co-Op game
-Bosses give special weapons and accessories as a reward
-Very large open world
-Choose your own path through the story

CONS:
-Repetitive
-Buggy
-AI is unbalanced (enemies spot you to easily and still a challenge even on the easiest game mode, where as your team does not fire unless you give the order or fired upon)
-Your team feeds you false or late info, even when it's their fault (such as warning you of a chopper after you shot it down, or missing/delayed synch shot gets you caught and then saying you did it)

Neutral:
...(I need to think more for this part)
Posted March 10, 2017.
First off, the game is fun, but only for a short while. The game becomes repetitve, and if not careful, too tough to play at the current point in time. also bugs, and guns are unbalanced.

*had a stand off with an AI, both of us had rifles, I aimed for head, shot first, shot all bullets, did not register until I was dead...ended up killing each-other, AI shot 3-5 times, AI was in open, I was behind stairs...meh...guess you thought this would be some sort of rating or something about how wonky the mechanics are, or "would stand off again"...nope.

Pros:
+ can be stealth, or guns blazing
+ variety of weapons and gadgets
+ parkour
+ can throw swords to kill
+ kills can be made very creatively

Cons:
- A.I. needs work (they will sometimes look at you and not notice you, or pass you when looking for you)
- Ninja mode needs nerfed
(Can only be done by true ninjas, because you get caught even if the littlest thing is noticed and not actually you)
- Guns are unbalanced
(you can fill an AI with a 30 round rifle clip before it dies, you get shot 3-5 times you die, pistol sucks, and headshots do not count)

Neutrals:
* A.I. gets shotgun, you get bow shield and pistol (exclusive weapons)

Suggestions:
= Multiplayer, perhaps 2-6 player co-op and competiton modes
(see who can get most npc kills before time out or all npc's die)
= Character customization if above suggestion is taken
= Zombies (yes...it's over used but in this game it could be fun)
Posted February 8, 2017. Last edited February 8, 2017.
Only get if your up for a Hard campaing (even on easy) as multiplayer requires a GameSpy account (which shut down a while ago)...to play multiplayer you need either GS account, or hamachi...but from what little time i've played, its well put together and fun, you can control inventories and equip different equipment and weapons, Direct control is fun as well, though I couldn't find how to move, it makes shooting much more accurate and easier
Posted January 28, 2017.
The game is good...if you get to play it. When it was first released I played and it was lively, I wait a month or so and just got back on before writing this review...and its pretty much dead. I looked at all 4 rooms, there were only 4 games, 1 in america, 1 in europe, 0 in the third room (forgot area) and 2 in south america...the lobby chat had around 20 people give or take however. so I recommend the game to keep from giving it a bad review because of the player base, lack of players is the only main problem with this game. You can play with AI though for fun if you want to give it a try. Also be warned, this game seems to be haunted by the devil...or maybe it's just me with this game (I ended my play with 666 kills and 4 screenshots I took was 666 kb to upload)
Posted December 29, 2016.
This is my 3rd edit just to try and help spread the games awareness as I really dont want this to be another dead game / waste of money. The games gameplay is unique yet familiar, customization is decent and cool, and its fun. imagine a dungeon like game with loot but with it being a fully controlable character. With 1st, 3rd, and eagle eye cameras you can play the game the way you want. I understand now after all of the news and updates that this "Money Grab" game has developers who are actually trying. and its really sad this game gets the recognition it does. So I ask of this to the developers should the game go down hill. please make this game have Offline support like prelude so those of us who bought it can continue to play please. perhaps add personal server and splitscreen support as a last resort?...I know you've seen this before as you have commented on my negative review. I really do like this game personally. though its not much, its fun with friends and could be a good great game should it push through.
Posted November 18, 2016. Last edited December 27, 2017.
A very great game for the stage its in, although needs some work, such as motorbikes need to be easier to control, and if your on a server and you lose connection you have a chance to lose items you were just moving around or messing with. i lost antidotes and stacks of ingots thru con loss...the game also needs melee weapons, ability to fight with fists, more vehicles like the motorbike (buggy, quadbike, rover) that doesnt require being built like a base, and finally character customization. all around its an amazing game, and the base/ship customization is unmatched.
Posted November 5, 2016.
I downloaded this game just so I could leave a review. I played this back on xbox 360, and purchased the vip pack, only to have the game shut down less than a year later and no refunds...I liked this game a lot, but decided to basically boycot against it untill now, though I still hate the fact of what happened, I'm still gonna give it another try, all this review is saying is be carefull if you decide to buy stuff here....also during play i've come to realize the skins (which was the best part of the packs imo) are still available, and much cheaper.
Posted October 31, 2016.