1,386 people found this review helpful
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 @ 6:45am

First review i wrote for a game but it had to be done!

This game is like Crack!

I've put a few hundred hours into this game and will probably put in a few hundred more. The devs are constantly pushing out new content (to a point where all the server maintenance is starting to become annoying haha) and they are very involved with the community trough reddit etc.

Me and two friends of mine started off on a public server and had a really nice welcoming, A nearby chinese tribe gave us some stuff to start out and we we're hooked to the game pretty much instantly. There were some big tribe wars going on on the server but we were left alone.

A few weeks later.

we have a huge metal base with a 5 high stone wall perimiter around it and 5 more people joined our tribe. All the big tribes but the chinese one left the server and got wiped out. And it seemed peaceful At this point we already spent hundreds of hours taming different dinos (which each have their different role like gathering resources, carrying heavy loads, transportation, combat, you name it) and we eventually also tamed a few t-rexes and the stronger end game dino's. You name them all and because of their different tasks and stat builds you become sort of attached to your dino's as well which makes the game even better.

One week later.

Random (smaller tribes) are getting destroyed at night when they are offline. all the buildings blown open resources stolen and dinos killed. (take note some dinos can take over 10 hours to tame without kibble) At this point our base is more like a fortress we have over 70 organic turrets (think plants that split acid to hostiles) and 10 auto Gatlin turrets with loads of ammo in them. And an army of all kinds of dino's over 50 including 5 t-rexes varying from lvl 150-200+ A fully metal layered base with different compartments with different resources in every room (makes it harder for raiders to get everything since they have to blow up more walls)

The chinese tribe starts putting in random text in global chat in capital letters including our tribe name. they have always helped us out we have made multiple trades with them for resources and called them allies.

The next day.

I log on.
Everything is gone.... all our dino's are dead every wall is blown up all our turrets taken out. and our base is in ruins.
Hundreds of hours of building up Taming dino's training them taking them out on resource runs and working together with a tribe....gone....

The chinese tribe who helped us out from day one, Destroyed us.

RIP.
Mamenamenamenan
Carny
Brontenator

And many more....

That empty hollow feeling seeing your base in ruins and all your tamed fed and cared for dino's dead. I never had that before in a game.

3 days later.

we set up camp a few miles west from our old base. we had primitive tools and we were back to square one.
But we we're determined and longing for revenge....
we broke down some old metal walls en made a small 4x4 room and set up the basic crafting stations. We had good contact with a few of the smaller tribes nearby who we helped out countless of times. now we needed their help. we secretly banded together against the Chinese tribe and they gave us some of the harder to obtain resources like crystal and oil.

We started mass producing grenades.

I went out at night with a stash of metal tools a crossbow, arrows and food and approached their base. The chinese built a enormous stone castle on the water where they stored most of their Egg farm dino's in. I went to the beach. swam underneath the base. found a spot where i could hack away at their stone walls to get inside. Found a good spot and made a start. tribe members brought over grenades and we blew though the wall. Out came charging a T-rex and 5 raptors at insane speed. we started backing off while firing at them. The water slowed them down. Called for the rest of the tribe to head over. we ended up fighting them on foot with primitive weapons. After a long fight we took them out one by one and eventually they all lay dead. That feeling of Vengeance is undescribable. but we weren't satisfied. We headed back into the dino pen and laid waste to their entire egg farm, we killed over 20 Stego's three mammoths and a few ankylo's, It was a massacre. Fueled by the loss of our pets and friends.

Today,

we're still fighting a guerrilla style war against the Chinese. Constantly on the move hitting them where they expect it the least.

Only a handfull of people remain on the server but we won't rest untill we have taken everything from them... like they did to so many others.

Apoligies for the grammar mistakes etc. English is not my native language.

Flexicution Mar 11 @ 9:58pm
Chinese tribes always gotta fuck it up
Hetty Nov 27, 2018 @ 1:41pm
Sounds like a freaking WAR! I wanna play this game but I got no friends to play it with Feels Bad MAN!
rightasrain Jun 1, 2018 @ 6:10pm
This sort of thing makes me wild. There just seems to be in the world today, I don't know... maybe it's cruelty? People are just out to troll or create problems or mess with your game. It's rife in today's culture. It's spoils it for those of us with good intentions looking for enjoyment in what we do.
Jackwarlord Nov 30, 2017 @ 4:58pm
Because i reviewed i more than two years ago and mostly forgot about it.
always for God- ghost Nov 30, 2017 @ 10:59am
well why not update your review then?
Jackwarlord Nov 29, 2017 @ 3:07pm
Nah i quit not too long aftter writing this review and getting wiped out a couple more times. I expect the game to be changed dramatically compared to when i played.
always for God- ghost Nov 26, 2017 @ 11:36am
do you still recommend after thef ew hundred more you put in or did you have almost the same amount of time at the writing of this in game as you do now?
Col. Kurtz Oct 29, 2017 @ 10:06am
Great review
Booms Oct 26, 2017 @ 2:21pm
When did they ever listen to the community expect from adding dumb fucking dinosaurs whilst the rest of us begged for optimization and something to combat hackers?
PurpleNoxx Sep 17, 2017 @ 1:32pm
This review is no longer relevant. The game is an overpriced POS.