0.0 hrs last two weeks / 17.5 hrs on record (17.0 hrs at review time)
Posted: Sep 1, 2019 @ 3:57pm
Updated: Sep 12, 2019 @ 3:49pm

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 12h
Estimated achievement difficulty: without steam workshop 7/10, with steam workshop 4/10 - The steam workshop only works for windows in this game!
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
Has it been in a bundle: yes
Is there a good guide available: yes, here
How many people have completed this game at the time I'm writing this review: 370 on Astats

Multiplayer achievements: No
Missable achievements: No
Grinding Achievements: Yes, the one where you have to kill 10k enemies
DLC-Only achievements: No
Time-gated achievements: No
RNG-achievements: No
Does difficulty affect achievements: No
Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

This is a fun rpg/adventure game in which you do most of the actions by typing. You're playing a girl who is riding a fox and will explore the world. How further you get into the game, the more abilities you get, which will open new paths to other dungeons. You level up by typing words to kill monsters or to destroy items. When you level you get skill points to add to skills. One of the most useful skills for achievement hunters is the ability " knowledge" because it will show the treasure chests and nests on your map, both you need for achievements. If you get it early and keep an eye on the map for those 2 then you don't have to go back to earlier dungeons for the 100%

Speaking about achievements, there are 3 types of achievements in this game:
- Story-related achievements
- Completionist achievements, get all treasures, kill all nests, get all the upgrades
- Combat/typing related achievements

The nests gave me a hard time, because I type with 2 fingers and English is not my native language, which made it harder to type some of those long words. The achievements for typing really fast or making no mistakes for 1000 characters are a hell for me without the steam workshop mod. So for the last 3 nests and most of those type fast, kill 100k monsters I used the Aaa mod that is suggested in the guide linked above. The 100k monsters is a real grind. When I finished the game including getting 100% in the campaign I killed under 5k monsters, so I had to grind the other 50%, but the Aaa mod made it very doable.

+ Fun and different style of gameplay than most games in this genre
+ Beautiful artwork
- Grindy and very hard achievements without a mod
Accato895 Sep 21, 2019 @ 6:31pm
Some people like to grind/farm to complete tasks/get items, just look at World of Warcraft @Dohi64

You did a wonderful review @missiloon and if I make ask, what if your native language (if you don't mind me asking.) And do you type 2 fingered even for your native language?
missiloon Sep 1, 2019 @ 5:23pm
The game still is a lot of fun, and since there is a way too make some of the grindy achievements easier made me decide to recommend this game. I can understand if others wouldn't recommend this game, I hope that by reading my review people can decide for themself if they would like the game or not.
Dohi64 Sep 1, 2019 @ 5:13pm
surely a game where you have to cheat to get the achievements without grinding for hours shouldn't be recommended for achievement people.
missiloon Sep 1, 2019 @ 4:55pm