0.0 hrs last two weeks / 25.1 hrs on record (13.8 hrs at review time)
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 @ 4:54pm
Updated: Aug 26, 2019 @ 1:20pm

[Edit] :

Apparently the backlash was big enough to make the devs realize that we, the people who actually buy and play their game, are the ones who they should be seeking approval from. I just hope from the bottom of my heart that the money I've invested in them by purchasing this game in an unfinished state (namely "early access") isn't going to an organization of "charity", whatever its objectives are, because if I wanted to donate anything, I'd do it myself. I bought a game, not a statement. It's true that VP is free to do whatever they want with the funds of their product but anyway, just my two cents here.

Now that I'm less pissed about this entire situation, some words about the game are in order. It's a beautiful throwback to the classic 90's FPSs such as Duke Nukem 3D (which uses the same engine used in this game) where you don't have to CoD your way from point A to B shooting baddies and watching cutscenes. If you don't know what a classic old school FPS is, Ion Fury is a good place to start.

Graphics are great, musics and SFX too, specially Shelly's one-liners. I just wish the game had more weapons and items variety.

The game is great, definitely worth playing. I just hope the devs won't make the same mistake again and also, I hope this entire ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ serves as an example to all the other companies out there.

[Original Review] :

If I could refund this game at this point, I would. I would because, despite being a wonderful game and something I've dreamed since FPSs all turned into generic "Call of Duty"s, I won't EVER support a company that caves in to the cries of the oh-so-oppressed boo-hoo snowflakes.

This is ridiculous. You are ridiculous, Void Point / 3D Realms. You enable people to be ridiculous. You are part of the problem.
Comments are disabled for this review.