Recent reviews by JoFu

A very nice puzzle game. Challenging but not impossible. Recommended!
Posted June 28, 2019.
Great story, mediocre shooter. But when I say "great story," I mean it's one of the few games I've ever played that resonated long after I finished it. Probably one of my top 10 games, and I'm a lifelong gamer in his thirties.
Posted November 27, 2017.
I wanted to like this game, but the server issues make it impossible to play multiplayer in this multiplayer game, and the single player content is too short to justify even 1/4 of the purchase price ($30).

Steer clear of this game: if/when the servers are fixed, this game's window of opportunity to catch on will have long passed.
Posted September 3, 2017. Last edited September 3, 2017.
So far, this is my game of 2017 (ranking it above Zelda BOTW). Metroidvania / platformers are not my usual genre, but I've really loved this game.

Pros: beautiful art; compelling atmosphere / lore; huge and intricate world map; wonderful platforming and combat.

Cons: I found a couple of the late-game bosses frustratingly difficult, which was disappointing given how the first 95% of the game was the perfect level of challenge. I've also rarely run into some input lag and frame stutters, leading to missed jumps / damage in combat, but I don't know if this is an issue with the game or my system.

Note: as of this review, I have yet to beat the game, but I'm close.
Posted May 17, 2017. Last edited May 17, 2017.
Great game. Well-written, adult story. Highly recommended.
Posted December 24, 2016.