Posted: Feb 1, 2018 @ 9:14pm
Updated: Feb 4, 2018 @ 5:09pm

Edit2 : Devs are also locking threads discussing the forced female gender. Let people discuss what they want ffs
Edit: Devs are deleting negative criticism from the general discussion and call it trolling. Stay away from this garbage game. I reported them through steam as it is against the rules regarding devs stating ''They cannot permanently delete or edit users topics.'' This is dirty censorship.

Just get Tales of Maj Eyal instead. This game is too simple and lacking the QoL of the better roguelikes available. Overall a half♥♥♥♥♥♥♥attempt at making a roguelike with an inflated price tag. The 16 bit pixel graphics are nothing but a gimmick, this game has as much soul as the average korean MMO.

Game pace is slow. It feels like a game for people who enjoy visuals and music more than roguelike mechanics. The slow game pace makes it feel like a grind, that with the fact your early abilities are very limited so encounters are mostly you trading normal attacks 1v1 without really thinking. The early levels are very limited and feels mostly the same for each playthrough, killing the replayability. Overall as deep and complex as a free mobile game.

Gender locked classes is just lazy work from the devs, you should be able to choose.

Dialogues arent very interesting and they appear very slowly making me want to just skip everything and jump straight into the game. Also there doesnt seem to be any sort of story. The game doesnt give you any real incentive to keep going.

Overall nice art style and music.

If you want to defend this game go ahead and tell me what it has that other roguelikes dont. I had to delete a lot of worthless comments because people are unable to bring valuable input. If you want to comment stay on topic.
Lonerwurld Feb 26, 2018 @ 9:05am
@Fervir he means the entire skill tree is visible. older games the devs would hide abilities so your decisions would be strictly "in that moment" and not banking points or focusing the best branch of the tree. a lot of devs these days don't bother anymore because they know 99% of their audience just looks it up online, and they want to make it convenient for them anyway.
Road to A+ Feb 10, 2018 @ 7:03pm
Preview access*
Fervir Feb 10, 2018 @ 6:58pm
That's wrong though, you don't have access to your whole skill tree at level 1
Road to A+ Feb 9, 2018 @ 10:28am
Yeah like from level 1 you have access to your whole skill tree to read on what type of strategy you will be using then you realize that it isnt very deep and wont require too much thinking.
Lonerwurld Feb 9, 2018 @ 9:24am
i marked this review as helpful. i don't care about the gender-locking, but i do see that this community hub suffers from over-moderation and i've seen videos that are consistent with what this review talks about.
Lonerwurld Feb 9, 2018 @ 9:21am
if serious time investment is required to determine if a game is enjoyable or not, then the game was poorly designed. that's not just gamedev 101, that's the fundamental principle of any product you're trying to sell.
Road to A+ Feb 7, 2018 @ 7:38pm
To people saying I didnt play long enough: You dont need to eat the whole turd sandwich to feel the nasty taste
Lonerwurld Feb 6, 2018 @ 8:55am
locking threads is not cool, i agree.
the gender-lock excuse is not cool either.
Bully Hunter Feb 4, 2018 @ 12:53pm
"Just get Tales of Maj Eyal instead"
This
Bryant Feb 3, 2018 @ 8:06pm
My problem isn't with it being gender locked, it's with the toxic behavior I've seen when people talk about it. I've seen people being called misogynistic just because they'd prefer to play as a male. I read the devs response on another review and I respect their decision and reasoning for only having female player characters. However, others need to respect that in an RPG, SOME people like the freedom to play whomever they want. I did read the devs explanantion that in this game, look at it more like your Tomb Raider or your Transistor. I can respect that. It's just a bit unorthodox in this genre to be gender locked. That's all folks. No toxicity necessary. That's just the brass tax.