2,057 people found this review helpful
Posted: Apr 3, 2016 @ 2:42pm
Updated: Apr 22, 2016 @ 11:10am

Writting is horribly amateurish, it breaks a lot of mods, the new UI is clunky and overall unpleasant, they made a monster spawn system that makes the game incredibly tedious by sending waves of low level mobs constantly against your characters, multiplayer is broken...and the worst of all...

EDIT:

You have been banned from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Discussions
You have been banned from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Discussions by a Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition developer for your post in "Devs begging for positive reviews":

Originally posted by Murderhobo:

Originally posted by MonkeyLungs:
There is no begging in that post by Trent. He asked players that are "playing the game and having a good time" to post a review reflecting that to balance out all the venomous pile on hate filled BS that people are spreading over the internet. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. The OP on the other hand is a load of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Pointing out devs asking their fanbase to shill their game is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. OK

Ban Reason:
Hate speech.

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This is a permanent ban.

So yeah, if you actually point out their corruption, they ban you for "hate speech" BTW no, it is not in the Steam Community Guidelines, nor does the Beamdog Community have their own guidelines, that this is a lawful ban, so I'll have to ask the Steam Support if it is. I'll keep asking up in the ladder until I find a satisfactory answer.

If it is OK to do it, I'm fine, but since I've not been warned that talking about Dev corruption is a bannable offense, I'll assume it was an error on their part.

BTW if you think I'm making this up, here is the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/l9gJW2I.jpg

EDIT Again:

"On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected."

So yeah, you have until the 29th of April to get the originals from GoG or they are done. Forever.

LAST EDIT: http://imgur.com/3XubXEc

So, yeah, this is starting to look like a blog, but they have reversed my ban after contesting it.
Murderhobo Apr 22, 2016 @ 9:16am
@Zaarin_2003 The one that didn't happen?
BAS1FUK Apr 20, 2016 @ 2:17pm
@Murderhobo Thank you, and hang on. It''s past time gamers started to react to the SJW takover. We have to show these people they can't shove their bullshit agendas down our throats. Political correctness is a disease of the mind.
Murderhobo Apr 20, 2016 @ 12:33pm
@Alipio Thanks, but no, apparently there is nothing we can do, nor would I want to involve anybody else in this other than to inform you. Thank you so much for the support though.
Applechild Apr 10, 2016 @ 9:54am
What a bunch of faggots, but I suppose this is what we can expect from a group of untalented, unscrupulous SJW "developers" attempting to use a classic and beloved game as a platform for their degenerate social commentaries.
Celerity, Executor of Impunity Apr 9, 2016 @ 3:22pm
Don't support any company that censors users for being critical of legitimate problems. That's it, but it's a big thing. If we don't financially enable them they quit doing it.
BAS1FUK Apr 9, 2016 @ 3:12pm
I'm sorry about your ban. Is there something to be done about it? By us, memebers of the steam community, I mean.
Grandfeatherex Apr 9, 2016 @ 1:39am
glad i saw this and checked to make sure i had all the old games on GOG (being posted on april 1st i'd like to have assumed it to be a joke)

asking for positive reviews from people that didn't feel strongly enough to leave a positive is begging in my book
Celerity, Executor of Impunity Apr 8, 2016 @ 11:05pm
Rating/commenting/subscribing affects the amount of money they get. So do positive reviews, interestingly enough.
decoy Apr 8, 2016 @ 9:35pm
Having seen the developer request in question, it was not anyone begging for anyone else to "shill" for their game. It was the equivalent to a you-tuber asking for their fans to "please rate/comment/subscribe" as they need their fan's support. Your comment seemed purposefully combative, especially after having this all explained to you already. A ban is a little heavy-handed, assuming that this was a first warning.
Celerity, Executor of Impunity Apr 8, 2016 @ 4:52pm
Yeah, I've seen all this before and Beamdog is rather predictably following a script. Apparently their next move is buying professional reviews. It's quite pathetic. One of his next moves would be censor flagging negative reviews, but right now that'd be pointless because there are no manipulated positive reviews they can replace them with. See: http://i.imgur.com/0nx52oz.png