Recent reviews by Occupant

< 1  2  3 ... 28 >
It's like Stardew Valley distilled into pure crack. Incredible game, but dangerous. Don't start this on a night where you need sleep.
This an incredible work of fiction. It is very light on the game-play elements, which I think is important to realize before you play. But if you are interested in an interactive work of fiction, they don't really get any better than this. The game is sort of an anthology of short stories held within a frame story. From the first short story, I was blown away. I had no idea what to expect, and every story is so different. Everything about the production is good: the writing, the voice acting, the music, and the visuals. It hit me right in the feels. Highly recommend this experience.
Posted February 24.
What an incredibly unique and fun game. You stitch together events of the past through a series of mystical flashbacks, each with imperfect information told in an imperfect order. You get to exercise a lot of fun problem-solving skills while watching a really interesting story unfold. And the production values (art, voices) are top notch.
Posted February 23.
This game is simply incredible. It evokes some of the same elements as Slay the Spire: a deck-building, path-following, boss-gated game with ascension mechanics. But there is oh so much more to this game than it appears. Between this and Pony Island, this developer is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites for the surprise factor alone.
Posted November 7, 2021.
Surprisingly solid adventure game for its incredibly disturbing content. I was expecting something much more salacious and mindlessly provocative, but the puzzles, dialog, world-building, and art are all rather good. It's a quite a bit more gory that I can enjoy, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not my speed.

I do wish it had more convenience features, such as the ability to resume play at any chapter.
Posted September 1, 2021.
An incredible game. The basic gameplay and crafting / upgrade system is similar to modern Tomb Raider games. But the combat system includes an incredibly interesting (and advantageous) component targeting system. The writing, even for the side quests, is fantastic. Really there's nothing I can find fault with this game.
Posted August 29, 2021.
Very brief, but well made. The art is especially solid. The variety of upgrades keep the match-3 mechanics from getting stale. The plot is incredibly similar to Sin City, but distinct enough to still be fun.
Posted June 30, 2021.
Astonishingly good adventure game. Every aspect of the game works together very well: the art style, the voice acting, the writing, the puzzles. It has a very dark, surreal sort of humor. And I can't stress enough how good the voice acting is.
Posted June 29, 2021.
Decent hidden object game play and above average art. Not much to complain about, really.
Posted June 29, 2021.
This is one of the most innovative, well-executed games I've played in years. And in a genre that I didn't think had much room for innovation: the action platformer! Amazing job and I can't recommend it highly enough.
Posted June 11, 2021.