Recent reviews by electrode

Most fun I've had in VR yet.
Posted November 25, 2017.
Riding through the ol' west on a stick horse - I like it! Very immersive and very intuitive controls.
Posted April 5, 2017.
Short but good VR experience. Well worth the time.
Posted January 4, 2017.
The locomotion in this game is really bad. There's a button to move/turn and it usually does the one that I didn't want. For example, I want to walk forward a bit but my controller is pointed in slightly the wrong direction so I turn instead. It wasn't what I wanted or expected to happen so it breaks immersion (and gets very frustrating). The game looks good but locomotion is so bad that you can't ever believe that you are there. If I lean forward in my seat, it says "Out of Bounds". If I swivel in my chair too far, I get an error. There even a button to croutch! I think the developers don't understand the "reality" part of virtual reality. Why can't I just turn to turn and crouch to crouch?! We don't need buttons for these and when the game inhibits natural motion to enforce the use of buttons, it's really bad. There is no immersion and no presence in this game and it's all thanks to the really bad locomotion. Such a shame because it does look like a good game.

Based on the "Chapter 1" in the name, you'd think they'd be cooking up more chapters in the series. I personally won't have anything to do with any more "Loading Human" chapters until the locomotion is fixed for Chapter 1. This game feels very broken as it is.
Posted December 24, 2016.
I've been playing it exclusively in VR. This is like Myst except it's set in a different universe. Like Myst, your movement is by hoping from this point to that point in the game. Other games have a teleportation mechanic for locomotion but this one limits the points that you can move to and the path you must take. I can't say that I like how unintuitive it is to move around because I end up looking all over for the next spot I'm allowed to jump to. Also, the Oculus tracking system is not nearly as solid as the Vive tracking. I hope the extra tracking camera can help this because when I loose tracking and the world wobbles around a bit, it pulls me out of the experience. This game would be WAY better on the Vive and with a better teleportation mechanic and room scale movement. Despite all those complaints, I have to say that I like this game. The further I go, the more I hope that I'm nowhere near the end of the game. I keep hoping that the ending will set it up for a sequel so that I can explore even more of this universe. This is the type of virtual world that I've been waiting to explore and I don't want it to end.
Posted November 3, 2016.
Wow! This game is seriously insane!
Posted October 21, 2016.
Fun game. I love the playspace sized carpet so I don't have to think about how far I can go.
Posted May 27, 2016.
The technology is neat but the included content is rather lame.
Posted April 27, 2016.
This game is amazing. Worth every penny! Also seems to be way more effective than a health club membership at getting some good exercise.
Posted April 24, 2016.
I hate giving this game the thumbs down. The level of immersion is great, the graphics are great, the story looks to be really good. The only problem is that the story is over before it begins. There is not enough content here to justify the price.
Posted April 24, 2016.