Posted: Nov 6, 2019 @ 10:14am
Updated: Mar 29 @ 6:13am

I played over 34 hours during the Open-beta. Anyone who loved the STALKER games and has VR, will enjoy this greatly. This is my experience from the Beta.

If you love:

- Avoiding Dangerous anomalies. Throwing probes (bolts, bullet cases) to avoid some, using your senses to find danger (like sound, visual Distortions etc)
- Collecting Artifacts
- Having the option to avoid conflicts by going around
- Exploration
- No hand holding
- Large map
- Having to venture in and out, no save points during your time in the zone
- Starting with almost nothing and finding a lot of things via exploration.

You will love this game.

This is an Early Access game, very much work in progress. There are now very few bugs (With no game-breaking ones) but it seems like the developers work hard to fix them and push updates relatively often.

Performance-wise, I had a very smooth gameplay on 8700K, 1080TI on an Oculus Rift S.

Update 29/03/2020:
As this is an Early Access game, the developers keep reaching their milestone goals and add features and fix issues. Since the last time I posted this review, quality went up in a big way:
- Better graphics
- Better models for player / items.
- Map got visually overhauled and many locations were added.
- Tutorial was added to show the ropes to new players.

So far I'm really happy with this early-access game. Also the devs are super active on Discord, so any issues reported there get looked into.
Developer response:
cm.marketing  [developer] Posted: Nov 7, 2019 @ 1:28am
Thanks EpicMachine! We really appreciate all the time spent testing out the Beta and are glad you're enjoying the Early Access version.
EpicMachine (╯°□°)╯ Nov 7, 2019 @ 5:43am
Heiko, as full disclosure, I was part of the open beta that anyone could join, and posted videos of issues I found. I payed for my copy.
heiko-skubich Nov 7, 2019 @ 4:36am
You belong to the development team and want to promote the game with the rating.
Rednose Nov 6, 2019 @ 2:32pm
How well does the game run?