Recent reviews by Lazybear

8 hours into it and I'm incredibly hooked. The store page, trailer and title of this game doesn't really impress, but the game itself is really amazing. I'm usually not very patient with text based games but this one has a good balance and I get really invested in the story and the world.

It really feels like your choices actually matter, and not just pretending to like a lot of choice-based games.
I highly recommend this game
Posted October 16, 2019.
I love it and I hate it.

Very complicated experience for me. You will meet a wall constantly in this game, and sometimes you will feel great when you get that eureka moment, yet other times you feel as if you want to give the devs the finger.

Some areas I got the concept of the puzzles early and I enjoyed them a lot. Others I didn't and walked away with a feeling of frustration, and many areas you will find early before you understand the concept of the puzzles. The most accessible part of the game is one of those, were you are actually supposed to go there last. The game in my opinion doesn't communicate well with you in terms of this. I'm not the brightest, but no matter who you are you will also have many of these moments.

If you like puzzles this game has 500+ of them, even though it's all on tiles. I sort of feel the game game could be better if it had less of them but with bigger focus on quality of each overall.

Overall I recommend the game, but realize that a lot of people who buy this game will abandon it after hitting these walls hours in. You'll have to judge for yourself if you might be part of that group.
Posted July 14, 2019.
I need the badge from the sale

(and I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, but only at the 5th story in 1st game)
Posted July 5, 2019.
1,730.0 hrs on record (986.4 hrs at review time)
1000 hours? Guess it's ok.
Posted December 4, 2018.
I've really enjoyed this game so far. There are so much depth to it with all the missions and all of the levels, and the new art looks really great. Everyone has been really friendly in the community as well.

Lots of new people playing right now so it's easy to find matches at your skill level too.
Posted May 8, 2018.
Still better than Mass Effect: Andromeda
Posted September 9, 2017.
I like it. They seem to know what they're doing. A bit more casual than the ARMA mod but still has a lot of promise.
Posted July 26, 2017.
I completed this game in 61 minutes. It's beautiful, it has the feel of an art piece but I also felt it was very repetitive. I'd like to note that I've played 'Flower' a lot on my old PS3 and played through 'Journey'twice as well. I'm mentioning these games because the Creative Director of Giant Squid was the Art Director of these games, and if you've ever even touched them you'll immediately feel that they're the same games in terms of gameplay mechanics.

And it's in gameplay that I feel like this game suffers. Without spoiling any of the game, it's very repetitive and short for me. It's immersive, artistic and beautiful throughout but it doesn't have the feel of a video game either. You cannot die in this game, nor can you fail. You swim from a to b, or you remove 2 locks from door. Repeat. The chapter changes felt awkward and I strongly feel that this game would have a far better "Fl0w" if it was a continuous progression instead of these repetitive loading zones and orb collection cutscenes

Overall I felt like I could have watched someone else play it because their playthrough no matter who they are would not be any different from mine. I also hoped for a bigger technical leap from 'Journey' but it does feel like a PS3 could run this game easily, even though everything is created with a lot of love and attention to detail. I just couldn't get emotionally invested in it at all.
Posted February 3, 2017.
It's a very simplified puzzle game, and I think it balanced the difficulty level really well. If you ever get really stuck there is a hint system that is well implemented, and you're not really that tempted to constantly use it as it only works after a set amount of time of getting stuck. The hints get less and less subtle the more stuck you are.

It's not a very long game. If you're very good at puzzle games it's probably done within 3-5 hours. It has a little story to it, but it's purely a puzzle game, kind of like "Puzzle agent".
Posted January 13, 2017.
1,879.5 hrs on record (122.2 hrs at review time)
Really love this game. Has always had it's issues but I've had fun for 100 hours now and it's not stopping. Devs are making it better and better.
Posted August 18, 2016.