Recent reviews by Zeaga

This is probably one of my favorite games of all time, but Paradox has gone mad with DLCs, content packs, and basically just any way to get money out of the consumer that doesn't require improving the actual game itself.

It's like painting over a wall with a giant gaping hole in it.
Oh, and you're paying for the paint.
Posted June 10, 2016.
3,952.3 hrs on record
I've made enough money from this game this month to buy fifteen more copies at full price.
Posted April 27, 2016.
kickstarter by donglekumquat is one of my favorite songs ever. If I hadn't gotten this as a backer reward I would have bought this soundtrack only for this song, not to say the rest of this album isn't amazing too.
Posted April 22, 2016.
I got the Partner Gamer tier on their Indiegogo campaign for my girlfriend and I the day it was posted. They've only recently put enough content in the game for it to be played for more than a half hour at a time. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it right now unless you'd like to support the developers. The game has a lot of potential and I'm 100% happy with what I've played and seen of it so far, but not everyone will be. Regardless, I am recommending it because the developers have already proven their passion and dedication for the project, and I'm confident it will be as great as its predecessor.
Posted April 8, 2016. Last edited April 8, 2016.
Posted February 29, 2016.
Actually a pretty fun game. It's like a really easy escape game with lots of humor. More of a narrative adventure game.
Posted May 21, 2015. Last edited May 21, 2015.
This game is perfect for playing tabletop roleplaying games online with your friends. The multiplayer can be absolutely hilarious, and you can implement pretty much any board game you can think of.
I have many more hours than what it says, but I got the game before the Steam release.
Posted April 11, 2014. Last edited April 11, 2014.
NOTE - THIS IS A LONG READ.
Please skip to the conclusion for the TL;DR on this game.

First and foremost: I've written one of these sort of reviews before (see here) and if you aren't familiar with the format, it's designed for Early Access games, and to be as unbiased as possible. I absolutely love this game, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have many flaws people will notice.

THE GOOD - Why you'll enjoy the game right now
* Very Stranded-like gameplay that slightly differs from the other PvP survival games out there.
* Some very interesting sociological development takes place if players respect each other enough not to kill on sight without reason. e.g. cities are built, factions are founded, wars are had. Pretty intriguing stuff if you find the right server.
* Many possibilities for the design of your home, from immense towers and colossal fortresses to a simple shack in the woods.
* Decent graphics even on the minimum settings.
* My HP Pavilion can run it with decent FPS before overheating a few hours later because it's an HP and HPs are terrible.
* A decent selection of weapons to choose from to fit your playstyle.
* Pretty frequent updates - We're talking every other day here.

THE BAD - Why you won't enjoy the game yet
* Not too much character customization, which leaves you scared ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ if you see someone running up and can't tell if they're your buddy back from the woods or that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ with the M4 murdering everyone in the valley.
* The "survival" stats like temperature and hunger don't even phase you late game when you have full kevlar and an entire chest of food.
* Being chased by zombies feels more like being chased by a pack of dogs then a pack of infectious undead. They're neither dangerous nor useful to the player.
* JESUS CHRISTMAS ARE THERE HACKERS. Hackers everywhere. You really need to find a server with active admins and good anti-cheat mods to prevent being destroyed by a flying naked guy with a rock screaming racial slurs at everyone.
* Limited modding support - Right now only a simple Lua mod that outputs to the chat box without its own GUI is possible
* Repetitive at times - There's only so much do to in an alpha.
* Somewhat buggy - Not too buggy for an alpha, but buggy nevertheless.

THE UGLY - Why you'll never enjoy the game
* Let's face it: It's a DayZ clone. Just like any other DayZ clone, there are bound to be players who kill every single person in sight without hesitation. It's hard to have fun on a server with PvP enabled.
* ♥♥♥♥♥y community - I mean, come on, what did you expect? Every game like it has a similar community. It's all about finding the right server.

In conclusion, I don't recommend this game if you're looking for a lot of content, nor do I recommend it if you want to be able to have entire cities working together on a server where PvP is still enabled. You can't eat your cake and have it, too. That being said, it has its charm. It's made its mark in the gaming community as its own multiplayer survival game. Even though there weren't a lot of points in the "ugly" section, you must consider them when deciding whether to buy this game or not. If you're trying to decide between this and DayZ, I suggest giving this video a spin. This review goes a lot more indepth than mine, and it's plenty more unbiased.

This review would have looked a lot better if you were allowed to use proper lists and headers in reviews..

Please leave a comment if you agree or disagree with this review. I'd love to hear a second opinion.

At the time this was written, Rust was last updated January 24, 2014.
Posted January 28, 2014. Last edited January 28, 2014.
NOTE - THIS IS A LONG READ.
Please skip to the conclusion for the TL;DR on this game.

First off, before I say anything, while I enjoyed this game thoroughly, I don't actually recommend it yet. The only reason this is listed as a positive review is because the game has great potential.
Please remember I'm assuming there are no mods installed in this review.

THE GOOD - Why you'll enjoy the game right now
* Great art-style
* Amazing music
* Frequently updated
* Hundreds of items to decorate your starship with
* Procedurally generated universe. Not just planets - the entire world is procedurally generated. There are infinite planets!
* Resources you find depend on how difficult a planet is to explore
* Built to support modding

THE BAD - Why you won't enjoy the game yet
* There isn't much reason to stay on your home planet, or any planet, because you can do everything from your ship. Planets just feel like sources of income
* The story isn't very indepth right now, and there are only a handful of quests to guide you on how to play
* Weapons and monsters, while possessing Borderlands style random generation, aren't very unique.
* Ore layout isn't very refined. I've found platinum (pretty good ore) at surface level on more than one occasion.
* Because some races are being worked on more than others right now, there may be heavy advantages to being a certain race over another
* Storing your items can get pretty tedious, since the only container larger than 16 slots is the one in your ship.
* Starships aren't very customizable
* The cost of traveling to other planets can be a huge grind at some times.
* Crafting is a bit clunky, partly there are so many items to choose from.
* No way to customize controls
* No way to easily delete characters from the selection screen
* Frequent crashes and bugs

THE UGLY - Why you'll never enjoy the game
* Has a very steep difficulty curve coupled with a flawed combat system.
* "Exploring dungeons" is just building a dirt floor over some traps to get the loot at the end, or even just mining directly to the loot room from the dungeon entrance.
* Uses a form of currency called pixels intended to give the player a reason to kill monsters and complete quests, but it feels like more of a grind than a reward.
* Because the infinite universe is the same for everyone who plays, people can share coordinates for planets they find with cool stuff on them. While this may sound great, it can ruin the feeling of wonder and excitement experienced upon discovering something new and amazing yourself. It's often exploited to give players an advantage in their games.

In conclusion, I don't recommend this game at it's current state. You'll notice neither the good nor ugly sections have many points in them, but the bad section has more than plenty. The game isn't totally refined, and there's a lot of room for improvement. If you want to support the developers, you can absolutely get the game, although money isn't as much an issue as time is with development anymore. The game is great with friends, too. Grab a few pals your first go and you'll have a blast. Be sure to check out some of the mods on the official website if you ever get bored with the game.

At the time this was written, Starbound was last updated January 26, 2014 (Beta Stage 1 - Progenitor - Furious Koala)
Posted January 27, 2014. Last edited January 28, 2014.