Recent reviews by zbee

1,914.0 hrs on record (1,387.1 hrs at review time)
This has been the most involved I have ever been with an MMO with the greatest amount of respect from the developers for the community. There just truly is no competitor.
Posted March 7.
This has been one of the most enjoyable co-op games since the likes of Army of Two.
I really am loving most every part of the game, but I especially love difficulty levels and general functions similar to Dark Souls types of games (but it seems better harnessed, more focused on bosses and elites rather than every enemy being brutal) and the way in which randomness is added to the maps (with multiple different possible 'hub areas' for each region).
This adds a lot of variance and immediate replayability to the game, and I love that.
Posted May 29, 2021.
I am enjoying the game. I really like a lot of the ideas here, the narrator, the world, and the little choices you get to make throughout. The combat feels pretty good, and better than most other rpgs, and I've enjoyed pushing through the game, I've also experienced no performance issues of any kind at max settings and I've just got a 1070 and a 2700x lol.

---

Previously I was softlocked, it was not the cleanest of launches, but I've had no issues since; additionally we've also received a lot of fixes for bugs, bug reports are handled fairly promptly, and lots of QoL improvements!

Now that I've played more, I've had an absolute blast! The combat is a hoot, I've enjoyed the story, and I love the sights
Posted May 26, 2021. Last edited December 29, 2021.
This is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, all throughout it really gave me the general vibe of the excitedness of Skyrim before we all played hundreds of hours of it.

There's all your basic boring RPG grind components, but the tools you get to progress through the grind, the environment, and the combat all makes it a lot more enjoyable.

The only real qualm I can come up with is the distinct lack of outfitting options you really get, I never felt like any of my outfits were super awesome; of course this comes down to personal taste, but there's only like a dozen total options, and instead of variety, there are numerous tiers of the same outfits.

Even collecting collectables doesn't feel so bad, because as you are going through finding them, you're getting to experience the awesome combat.
Posted March 22, 2021.
This is probably the most boring RPG I've ever played; in berating it I've taken to calling it an RPG simulator, because that's all it seems to aspire to be.

The most interesting thing I did was a side quest line for your first companion, and I felt like I had to drudge through the story just to advance the game enough to complete the quest line, and as soon as you're done with it you get given thee most basic fetch quest ever, and no good information to efficiently complete it with even - no markers, no objectives, just 3 names of outfits to wear in the description of the quest that seems like it will take you 30 seconds, if you can find where they will be.
That seems pretty well indicative of how the whole game will play out: interesting stories completely surrounded and enveloped by the most boring and basic RPG I've played.

I was very hopeful from the get-go because it seemed to have aspects of Fallout but better all around it, but it's just Fallout with a more interesting base-story but the most boring possible quests to get through it.
Posted March 22, 2021.
This is an amazing continuation of the franchise, breathing fresh air into 2 that HD simply didn't, with mod support, actually improved graphics, better multiplayer, new and generally improved campaigns, and of course actual new content like civilizations and campaigns.
I love the game being revamped, particularly in a useful way unlike hD.
Posted March 5, 2021.
I have very much enjoyed this game.

I think there's polish to be added, such as i currently have like 40 bots following me, and that's great, but sometimes I don't want to have my screen be 90% bots but sucks for me.
I haven't seen a lot of replayability in it, though I have gone through it a few times, it just lacks what many other similar games have with a generated map or variability in playthroughs, you basically do the same thing each playthrough really. Would love to see an option to generate differing maps instead of following the story.

Overall, however, I ended up stay up way too late playing this game far too many times, and really loved the art, style, and frequent updates.
Posted April 4, 2020.
A very fun zombie game I keep coming back to.

I've played this game constantly, on and off again, on pc and ps4, nearly since its release. I think it's incredibly well done, it looks very good, and it's still quite active both in updates and in community; and I generally don't even like zombie games!

The graphics are surprisingly good for what's going on, the run requirements are quite low, the game is very balanced, and even with loot box type elements you don't feel at all pressured to spend money to advance or look cool - just completing harder challenges can get you quite decked out in a small order of time.

Onto the bad, the matchmaking is a dumpster fire. The fact that there are matches to be made is honestly kind of surprising (not that the game is bad, it just seems like the genre of game to be left behind), but it will make sure to put you in the farthest ping one first. A lot of the controls are fairly clunky right off the bat (alternate fire is middle mouse click, team voice chat is caps lock). And the level design (layout and whatnot, not aesthetic) is not always top notch; it can be very easy to be very confused for your first few games on every map.

Overall it's an absolutely incredible game, and probably the best zombie game I have ever found. If you like the genre even a little bit, I very highly recommend it!
Posted July 14, 2019.
An enjoyable addition to the franchise

I know this isn't a very popular entry in the line of age of empires, but I think it was at least necessary. Hopefully it guides future AoE titles away from this kind of style and era.

However, I do personally like this game quite a lot. The way navy is limited and the maps are crafted, helps to ease AI navy-use on maps that just have a river. The AI is better than original AoE2 and a bit more enjoyable to play against. I really, really enjoy the home cities, card decks, and trade routes/experience gathering systems.

It's an enjoyable game entry, which is surprisingly still fairly active (always a couple dozen games open) - I just don't think this particular era/style should be iterated upon.
Posted July 1, 2019.
1,249.7 hrs on record (392.5 hrs at review time)
TL;DR: I love the game and its consumed a massive quantity of time on it, all totally worth it.

I have many games and activities on and off Steam that I enjoy more than Factorio, but few that have ever captured me nearly as much.

I absolutely love playing Factorio, and there is nothing more satisfying than finally setting up your 10th iron outpost today to get your base moving again, and seeing belts and chests piling up with resources as production meets satisfaction. Or when you finally complete that 400th solar array -or 3rd nuclear power plant- and finally stop getting the low power alerts you've had since you pasted that beaconed factory blueprint. Few activities have me looking up from the game and panicking over how much time I just spent straightening out my railroad system, and very few games ever actually make me feel successful or accomplished when I finally click quit.

I think everyone should try this game out, and I've never been more proud to have purchased an early access game. Wube did early-access right, and they've made one of the best games I have ever spent 2+ minutes just loading (mod lists get long)!

Edit for version 0.17: Before, I did have some troubles with playing late-game as I found little motivation to continue developing anything. Since then I have wracked up substantially more hours with a new 0.17 base. First of all, things just run much better late game, then things are prettier to look at, and finally a lot of stuff seems to make a lot more sense now than maybe it did in earlier versions. Additionally with challenging mods that seem to be a bit more robust or vast in quantity than when I last played a lot, you can add to that even more with a longer early and mid game, and a more interesting late one. Absolutely still highly recommended, absolutely still in love, but certainly even more prone to playing for wild quantities of time now!

Edit for stable 0.17: One of my largest annoyances is a lack of a polished GUI and a lot of stuff in the GUI that really didn't make sense, at least not to me. NO MORE! The GUI is so slick, and clean, and the information is displayed so much more clearly now! Every update it seems more and more like a AAA game, particularly if you read their awesome update notes.

Edit for stable 1.1: I can't believe this game is finally complete, what a ride. I've been playing since pre-Steam when you could buy different membership levels and not once has it not been prominently on my desktop or under my Favorites category.
Every time I build a new subfactory I notice a new QOL change that just blows me away, and is great to use.
I've cut out a good quarter of my mods, just due to the simplicity of things and improvements present in the FINISHED game.
The Spidertron is thee coolest thing in the game, and I love the nod to the community in its existence, its recipe, and its features.
There is no better possible game you could spend money on, it is so ridiculously far beyond worth it. Even looking at it analytically where you may get a few hundred hours out of a AAA 60$ game, you can get hundreds and hundreds, or thousands, out of this -in the blink of an eye- for half the price.
Posted January 7, 2019. Last edited March 2.