Recent reviews by Exodus

This is the MMO I've been waiting for. I would say this is the MMO I will be playing for years as so much can change and I've been burned so many times in the past. But so far Black Desert is phenomenal.

Pros:

Combat is just so much fun. You truly feel like a bada** and the animations and effects are so cool. It will be very hard to play a tab targeting game again

Graphically there isn't another MMO that I've ever played that could touch Black Desert. It's simply gorgeous.

Crafting is enjoyable. Hiring workers to do my dirty work is so nice. I'm an altoholic and being able to command my workers on other characters is great.

Fishing, yes fishing. I'm addicted to it. Addicted to filling my inventory and filling my cart up with fish and making the trek to the trade manager to sell my bounty.

Player housing is a mini game in and of itself.

Exploration in Black Desert is quite enjoyable. From just running around exploring to crafting a boat and sailing around the world, there is much to see.

Sandbox aspects. I like the fact that you can do whatever the heck you want to do or totally avoid what you don't want to do.

Cons:

All the current alienware and trap memes. Jesus people, please stop this cancer.

No dungeons or raids. This might be a temporary issue as from what I understand the Korean version (which is ahead of the NA/EU) is starting to implement dungeons. If dungeon/raid progression is important to you this is not the game for you at this point in time.

PVP focus. Those looking for a primarily PVE focused game will probably want to look elsewhere or at least wait and see if more dungeons are implemented.

No player trading. I believe this was put in place to avoid gold sellers.

As I said earlier I like this game. A lot. I see so much potential here that I am really excited to see what's on the horizon. Unless there are factors to this game that you simply cannot get past (PVP focus, gender locks, no tab targeting) I don't see how you will get at least a couple months of enjoyment out of Black Desert. Not bad for $9 in my opinion.
Posted July 7, 2017.
If Counter Strike: Source was a step up, this title meets and exceeds any expectation that one could have had.
Posted November 23, 2016.
6,258.3 hrs on record
I guess it's an okey game. I've spent a few hours on it. *UPDATE* I still think the game is not really that bad.
Posted August 26, 2016. Last edited November 22, 2017.
Near-perfect! 9/10
Posted June 30, 2016.
This game is insanity itself! At the begining I didn't expected much of it. I was like "meeeeeeh,just another fps game". But I was wrong. IT STILL HAS THAT DOOM MAGIC IN IT, MAGIC THAT ONLY A TRUE DOOM FAN WILL FEEL. Total perfection, and the best part is the soundtrack,keeps me hyped for more blood. If you're one nasty motherf*cker, THATS THE PERFECT GAME FOR YOU!
Posted June 26, 2016.
Very bad optimisation, ♥♥♥♥ed up menu, cancer community not to mention the hackers.. 1/10 too bad I cant get refund on this crap.
Posted May 20, 2016.
Fun gameplay,great animation, amazing graphics! Nothing I can add more to it, pure epicness!
Posted May 5, 2016.
Pure perfection! This game is the true meaning of beauty and a proud member of the RPG games family.
Posted May 4, 2016.
One of the best FPS games I have ever played... This game is not like most of fps brainless shooting "on meat" Bioshock Infinite has his unique way, amazing story line,details and art ! The end left me speechless!
Posted August 1, 2015.