Recent reviews by WerewolfCustoms

< 1  2  3 >
Great game! I'm playing this one after I finished NFS:Heat, and I must say I expected an older, not-as-good game. I was wrong. Payback is as good as Heat, and in some ways even better. Payback has drag racing, speed cross, off-road... there's roaming AI drivers you can challenge, and the campaign/story in Payback is much better and longer than the one in Heat. In a way, Heat seems to have been rushed out before it was really complete. Car lists are pretty similar too. In any case, if you liked Heat, you'll like Payback as well. The visual style might not be as polished, and the map is not as detailed, but gameplay and story are better.
Posted February 3.
All in all, it's a good game. It brings back memories, as there's a lot of things that can remind you of legendary titles from the NFS franchise (Underground 2, Carbon...).

+ Great choice of vehicles
+ Decent customization
+ Casual gameplay

- Horrible UI (menus) geared towards id.10-T boxes
Posted September 14, 2020.
I'm ready to open my PC repair shop now.

EDIT @ 170 hours:

It's a great game - strangely addictive and relaxing.

Also, a good tool to test how everything fits before you actually build things in real life.
Very handy to get the feel of different cases, and physical conflicts (eg. AIO and GPU, AIO and memory sticks...) Sure - it's not 100% accurate, but it will give you a good feeling for things.

Highly recommended!
Posted June 4, 2020. Last edited August 12, 2020.
One of the best tools to have while doing conference calls during these work-from-home days.
Posted March 30, 2020.
Great addition to the GemCraft series. Some people are complaining about grinding, but I kind of enjoy the slow progression and building of your skills. Trials are still a bit too random - dependant on luck. Otherwise, great game!
Posted February 17, 2020.
Epic sellout, destroying the value of inventory items.
Posted November 21, 2019.
It's a simple bridge constructor game (Duh!) that does it's job well enough.
Very good game to play casually when you can't play for more than 15 minutes in one go.
Reasonable achievements that you can collect and reach 100%.
Posted June 29, 2019.
Looks like Giants have learned a lesson or two from SCS Software :D

Finally a reasonably priced DLC :D
Posted May 14, 2019.
I think this is the first Farming Simulator that I don't recommend. I keep the right to change my opinion once I invest a couple of hundred hours into it... Let's wait and see.

So - why "Not recommended"?

Once again, Giants have just re-packaged their game. This is FS17 with two new maps, a bit re-shaded graphics and minimal gameplay enhancements. Add a few FS17 DLCs into the base game and you get FS19.

Yes, it looks nicer than FS17 if you have the graphics set to max, but my i7 7700/GTX1060 laptop can't handle them. So, to get the smooth FPS, I have to play on mid settings - and they look horrible. Way worse than FS17.

Price is also over the top (for what they are offering). Giants are just milking this cash-cow at the moment. Buy yourself FS17 or some DLCs for it - way better value for money.

I already felt cheated when I bought FS17, but now I'm just dissapointed. This is the last time I buy the actual FS. From now on, I'll just play the one that's a generation old.

Edit 1 @ 33 hours:
I'm not sure what grass Giants were consuming when they wrote the minimum specs - 4GB RAM. ??? It seems this game is a memory hog; I could barely run mid settings with 8GB. I have now upgraded to 16GB, and am delighted to report that I can run the game on High settings. (Still, nothing to write home about... it still feels like FS17 with a bit of a shader applied.) I still think you should save your money and play FS17.

Edit 2 @ 470 hours:
Well, yeah, I'm playing it seeing that I already own it. Since my last edit, there was a couple of DLC releases... Only one worth the money though - the John Deere DLC. The platinum expansion was a fiasco - not even a map included in it. No thanks Giants. I'll pass.
Posted March 4, 2019. Last edited March 11, 2020.
TLDR: On it's own, this is a very good game, but not as good as the original Mafia (I).

Seems to me there was some pressure to get this game out before it was done, as it seems there is content lacking.
Also, there is no free-roam. No special missions (like Mafia 1 had). Short-ish story.

Some graphics glitches and chashes occured when I played, but I just reloaded and it was OK. Happened about 10 times in total, and I completed the game twice (medium and hard), and collected all the Wanted Posters and Playboy magazines. (Playing on a laptop i7 7700, 1060gtx).

On the plus side, it has decent graphics, and the atmosphere is spot on. You get sucked into the 1940's and 1950's. Beautiful city, awesome music, good enough story. Not as hard (even on hard mode), but I am a casual gamer, so I enjoyed this a lot. Great cinematics and voice acting.

I was afraid to play Mafia II, since Mafia I is one of my all-time favorites, and I was afraid to get dissapointed.
Have no fear, Mafia II is not going to dissapoint. I'm now waiting on a sale so I can pickup the DLCs, as I want to play this game some more. And after that, I'm moving onto Mafia III...
Posted September 16, 2018.
< 1  2  3 >