Posted: May 6, 2016 @ 8:34am
Updated: May 6, 2016 @ 11:09am

There F2P System is based off of the old 21-day trial that was used during the time when the game was sub only. All they did was make a few tweaks to the trial no real changes were made to the game.

Here's the differences of a F2P vs SUB

Free to Play Accounts
  • Free to Play Accounts Limited to Lv. 125 in All Skills
  • Cannot Own a Mektoub Packer
  • No Appartment Inventory
  • Cannot Withdraw Items from Guild Halls (You can only Deposit)
  • Unable to Craft HQ Armor
  • Unable to Attack Outposts
  • Unable to Extract: Prime Roots or get Prospect Specialazation

Subscription Accounts
  • Sub Accounts Get to Lv. 250 in All Skills
  • Can Own 3 Mektoub Packer each packer can carry 500 builk items.
  • Able to Access Appartment Inventory holds hold 2,000 builk items.
  • Able to Access Guild Halls Storage holds 10,000 builk items.
  • Able to Craft HQ Armor Starting at Lv. 150
  • Able to Attack Outposts Starting at Lv. 200
  • Can Specialize the Crafting Profession
  • Gains Double the Amount of EXP as Free to Play Accounts
  • Able to Progress there Classes Father then Free to Play Accounts
  • Able to use Items that are otherwise Restricted by Level.
Developer response:
tamarea  [developer] Posted: Sep 11, 2016 @ 4:20pm
Hello! Here is an announcement about Ryzom moving soon to a real Free to Play/Freemium concept: http://steamcommunity.com/games/ryzom/announcements/detail/818916218171204240
Trash Dec 13, 2018 @ 5:16am
Reading all these comments just reminds me that half the gamers who are in steam are below average intelligence.

1.) The people who are working on this game didn't just "Buy this" They are all ex-developers of the original Sega of Ryzom.
2.) There are MMO's with bad F2P systems and then there are good ones like Guild Wars 2 or War Thunder. This game has a good F2P system. As a Free Player you can do almost as much as a Player who is subscribed. The only thing you get is more exp and a lvl cap of 250. That's it.
3.) There is no "Trial", you get the full game as soon as you download it.
4.) Still butthurt over a subscription? Get out of your parents house and get a job ya freeloading virgin.
Tigg3r00 Feb 11, 2018 @ 1:57pm
"Yeah this company is a parasite. They picked this title up for cheap and have been milking it for all tis worth without putting hardly any effort into it. This game is decent, but this company did not make it. They dont know the code, break shit all the time and are greedy af. Its just not worth ANY monthly fee imo."
That is horribly sad. Where did the people who made the game end up?
Nysch Feb 15, 2017 @ 9:49pm
Also @Tamarea's reply to this review - think next time before posting a link with no real information in it - people aren't that foolish.
Nysch Feb 15, 2017 @ 9:44pm
Thanks man - I hate when people do this - it's bad enough that most F2p don't consider "asthetics" to be a core principal of gameplay (even though we know full well that isn't the case - sexy sells). When you start limiting "traditional" gameplay options it's just not a good game at all.
Mac Oct 14, 2016 @ 4:51pm
The devs comment on here suggests that not much is going to change, or it will change but not where it would matter. I would like to point the devs to look at ArcheAge and the ultima failure of a game it has become for this exact reason. Treat your player better or waste this game that could have been great for everyone.
virpyre Oct 10, 2016 @ 9:27am
I don't play this game anymore. Even with those freemium updates it's not enough to get me to change my review or return to play the game.

The fact that you said premium players will receive double experience, more storage capacity and higher allowed level of equipment entitle's that freemium players won't have the same experience when they play then that of a premium player.
Lostmage May 27, 2016 @ 2:58am
i wouldnt play this game even if it was "complately" free and "fair" or game company paying 11$ a month to me to play it. Last time i checked year was 2016 , time to move on people.
[D5]AlienJesus May 12, 2016 @ 9:22am
Shadow Edge May 11, 2016 @ 1:11pm
looks to me like your pretty gimped without a sub by comparison. Ill pass.
grumpymoose May 10, 2016 @ 12:20am
Having not played it yet (I'm going to give it a go, downloading it as we speak) it 'usually' is a pay to win issue when skills, abilities, levels or gear are capped by a pay system of one sort or another. That said, maybe this system is different, maybe max skills aren't required at all. I can't say yet.

If this is just a free trial, that caps you, because this isn't a free to play game, but a pay to play game? That's fine, though I do wish the store page were a bit clearer about.

All in all your review has given me something to think about, I'll be keeping it in mind, and I'll be hopping in, whenever my download is finished, to give the game a fair shake. :yawning_creep: I'm curious how my perception of the game will look later on.

I'll admit, it's my curiosity winning out, as this MMO seems quite strange, the what research I've done, in comparison to most.