Recent reviews by vektr0

About a year and a half after the game's initial release, which came after several betas, and yet the game still isn't optimized for Nvidia's Pascal (10-series) cards? That's disgusting, and it clearly won't be address. Would recommend for anyone not running these cards, would not recommend for anyone that is using these cards.
Posted July 26.
Constant crashes, broken hitboxes, major server lag, it's great. Actually, wait, ♥♥♥♥ that, IT'S♥♥♥♥♥♥
Posted September 29, 2017.
Doesn't matter how many times you save your game, if the game crashes, goodbye city. Once the game is stable, I may edit my review, but it's not worth the money at this point.
Posted July 17, 2017.
DO NOT BUY.

Constant game crashes despite a pretty good PC build makes this one of the most unstable games that I have ever played. When the game isn't fully crashing, it's stuttering, lagging, and just being a constant pain. Audio issues, graphical glitches, and security issues put my rating at a polite 1/10.

Tested on Intel i7 6700K, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, SATA III SSD.
Posted July 3, 2017.
Mafia II is one of my personal favorite video games, and Mafia III doesn't disappoint. The combat is amazing, as I've found myself going into many gunfights with just my fists/knife. To see that the Mafia II and Mafia III stories connect is amazing. The driving in Mafia III, which I feared wouldn't meet my expections, did meet my expections as perfectly as possible. The selection of vehicles is not the best, but still very nice. When it comes to graphics and performance, Mafia III is very well optimized. Collectibles are still in Mafia III, much like Mafia II.

PROS:
- Huge map, broken down into several districts
- Perfect driving physics
- Well optimized; Fluent performance
- Great graphics
- Amazing dialog
- Easy-to-follow story
- Connected to Mafia II's story
- Combat is incredible
- Steam Achievements

CONS:
- No vehicle customization (will be added in the future)

OVERALL RATING: 9/10
Posted November 20, 2016.
While the game released in early February 2016, I decided to wait to write my review until the rescaled map and a 4th truck were added to the game. Here we are, 9 months later, and I've got some things to say...

This game is not for everyone, but for people who enjoy relaxing trips through the open roads of the United States, while hauling cargo from point A to point B. The graphics aren't what you would find in most modern games, but that's not exactly the point. In American Truck Simulator, you are tasked with delivering cargo through California, Nevada, and Arizona (other states to come later), while following the laws of American roadways.

It's a simulation game, so while some may find it completely boring and not at all entertaining, others find it calming yet fun. Trucks can be slow or quick, depending on the model, engine, parts, and trailer/cargo. American Truck Simulator (like Euro Truck Simulator 2) supports keyboard/mouse, various controllers (I've tested Xbox 360 and Xbox One, both of which worked), steering wheels (such as the popular Logitech G27), head-tracking devices (such as TrackIR), and even virtual reality headsets (such as the Oculus Rift).

No, there's no official multiplayer, but the popular modification TruckersMP allows you to truck around with friends, showing off your different taste in trucks, paint jobs, liveries, and even wheels.

PROS:
- Great variety of cargo to haul
- 3 states (California, Nevada, Arizona) with more to come in future DLC's
- Map that has been scaled to ensure long hauls feel long
- 4 awesome trucks (Kenworth T680 & W900, Peterbilt 579 & 389)
- Great customization options for all trucks
- Support for many input devices
- Support for third-party modifications
- Support for Steam Workshop content

CONS:
- No official multiplayer (check out TruckersMP)
- Slow production

OVERALL RATING: 8/10
Posted November 20, 2016.
As much as I'd like to say the game is broken, that would be under the assumption that the game originally worked. Would not recommend purchasing this game, unless you want to rage quit from a bus simulation game.

PROS:
- At least it launches?
- Supports keyboard/mouse, controller, and wheels

CONS:
- Glitches. Everywhere.
- Invisible cars
- Invisible walls
- Invisible pedestrians
- Poor performance, even on high-end builds
- Speeding tickets while stopped at red lights
- Falling through the map gets boring after a while
- Passengers won't shut up

OVERALL RATING: 2/10
Posted August 1, 2016. Last edited November 20, 2016.
I absolutely love this game. The art style, the way it makes you react to certain events, and the way it makes you think more and more about your actions are all amazing. Sure, if you (like me) are more used to using a controller, it may be a challenge at first. But it's easy to remember the controls and get used to the typical mouse and keyboard controls quickly. The game is simple, yet challenging, and is by far my favorite survival/adventure game. It's not like The Forest, where you have strange (sometimes unreal) people things chasing after you. When you fall, you get hurt in certain areas of the body, and you get chased by realistic creatures like wolves. It's an amazing game for a great price. Even though it's still in development, I am very happy to have made the decision to purchase this game.
Posted May 28, 2015.
I absolutely love this game. SCS Software has done an outstanding job of making a great truck simulation game, and keeps on throwing us free updates to add more content, despite this game being a few years old (as of this review). I've had this game on Steam for a while now, and even had it before switching to Steam. Modders are appreciated, and modding is really easy, There's a great variety of trucks to choose from, and a bunch of locations to explore. I just recently purchased the new Scandinavia DLC and I am amazed by the work that SCS Software had done.

RATING: 10/10

PROS:
- Many locations to explore
- Great variety of licensed trucks (Volvo, Scania, Mercedes-Benz, etc.)
- Many different trailers to haul
- Controller and wheel support
- Easy to mod (like adding trucks)
- Frequent updates to deliver new content
- Great support

CONS:
- No official multiplayer (check out the TruckersMP mod!)
Posted May 25, 2015. Last edited November 27, 2016.