Recent reviews by SorenVC

< 1  2  3 >
Amazing! A new co-op better than Left 4 Dead 2. I recommend this game!
It's a decent ambient soundtrack.
I bought this to support the developers. Tower Unite is a great game!
Tower Unite is a fair bit of fun! There are multiple ways to gain money and arcade will be a long way only to get the wowozela. I suggest playing arcade only on double ticket weekends. Coin river only. You need to get 2.500.000 tickets for the wowozela.

Other than that, the most fun you'll have is probably with friends in your own Condo and decorating it. I do like fishing a lot and the type writing game. If you need Units which is cash, just play Zombie Massacre or Crusader Kings. Those give out the most Units in a short amount of time.
Posted December 4, 2021. Last edited January 30.
This is a straight 10/10 game. It feels both simple & complex at the same time. Simple because you need to choose what you want to do. You can be a Logi or Builder or Infantry or Partisan or Artillery or something else. You have to research a bit on the net on how to play any role. It is not too hard to learn any one role but the game becomes complex when you realize that there are just so many different things that you can do in Foxhole. It is definitely much better when you play in a clan or with friends although I haven't tried that yet.

The game kinda has a VALVE Source Engine feel. The way it looks like it was made by VALVE themselves when they were at their best. Graphics also feels Source Engine like to me, which is a very good thing. This is like the Dota 2 of war. There is no better game than this in the genre, not that I knew any others though. If you ask me, this is a much better way to spend your time than with PlanetSide 2. So far I've only played Logi because I think it is the best role to start with. It feels so good to bring crates to the frontlines and then receive commends. After all that work of farming, refining, waiting for the factory, you just bring those crates to the frontline and people reward you.

Now I will try to be on the battlefield and kill Colonials so I can realize what goods the frontline most needs and become a better Warden Logi. This game is very research-intensive in that you need to watch some YouTube tutorials first before playing it. In my first deployment I created a truck and ran out of diesel. After some searching I found some. On my 2nd day I freezed to death in a snowstorm.

Here are two good tips for beginner Logistics that most tutorials fail to mention.

#1 If you bring anything to the frontline ALWAYS turn them into crates first! Basically you gather salvage or any other resource, then you go refine it in a refinery, then you use those refined materials in a factory to produce crates of weapons and other things. Only things that come out of a factory will be crates. However, if you want to provide any other resource to the frontline such as bmats and rmats, you simply need to go into the menu of a Storage Depot, Seaport, or Shipping Container, with the materials in your inventory and right click on them and select turn into crates. That way you can transport crates exclusively to the frontlines which is MUCH better than just bringing raw bmats and rmats.

#2 If you arrive to the frontline e.g. a Bunker Base then drive your truck to it and press E and then do NOT click on the crates in your inventory manually and hit submit. If you do this other players can hit submit and steal your commends. If you want to do it right, Shift+Right Click on any crate in your own truck inventory and hit submit all crates to stockpile. That way the crates inside your truck will all be submitted to the bunker base and everyone will know it was you who did the work.

NOTE that this game has a lore too and most players are very passionate about it. I'd suggest to actually stay with one army forever and research which army you like better. You don't really have to because you are allowed to change army after every war but in my case it's just so much cooler to always play COLONIAL or WARDEN all the time, never switching to the enemy team and becoming a traitor. I want to stay loyal. WARDEN FOREVER!
Posted October 2, 2021. Last edited November 9, 2021.
Playing with Danger & Right Behind You are the best tracks! :)
Posted June 9, 2021. Last edited June 13, 2021.
gud
Posted April 4, 2021.
I've got all achievements in 5 hours because my brain told me to gain more perfect games. The only difference to Half-Life 2 were slightly better textures. From my single playthrough I did not recognize any other changes except that bugbait works a little faster. Don't understand the purpose of this game but okay. Thanks for one more perfect game on my profile.
Posted January 8, 2021.
I played Team Fortress 2 and CS: Source for a LONG time before I tried this out and I must say this game is phenomenal! It's kinda similar to CS: Source but the gunplay is a lot more fun. Here we have lots of recoil and a class system. This game is a lot more strategic than Counter-Strike and it requires you to look at the map often and assume the enemy's position. It's definitely harder than CS: Source and requires more skill. This game is like the holy grail for World War 2 enthusiasts. By the way, why is this game considered Team Fortress 1 when there's actually a game called Team Fortress: Classic?

There are still quite some servers running with people playing 24/7. If you're unfamiliar with the weapons, play on that one gungame server to learn them all because you really must learn to use all the weapons in the game. In my opinion, the STG-44 and it's Allies Counterpart BAR are the two hardest weapons to use. My favorite class is definitely Axis Rifleman because the Kar98k rocks and kills with a single shot. It's like a noscope sniper. For some reason, I don't really like the M1 Garand because it's the same but worse. In this game, Sniper is actually the easiest class to get kills with especially if you use camouflage to hide.

The maps in this game are awesome too, as expected from Valve. I just think the colors are a bit "washed-out" and gray, boring. It must be the world war 2 theme. They should really make a Day of Defeat: Source 2 because there's not a game quite like it and everyone would like a new Day of Defeat. It's definitely more fun than CS: Source because the guns feel a lot more real and fun to use. Although CS: Source has more gamemodes going on like bhop and minigames and all that. I still prefer this game. It's a lot of fun to play this game. I got the achievements fast by using achievement maps and console commands, don't judge me, I go the way of least resistance. This is a 10/10 classic game.
Posted October 22, 2020. Last edited November 8, 2020.
This game is SO MUCH FUN! I'd suggest to skip the singleplayer because trying to achieve the bonus targets while racing to be 1st place is pretty hard and frustrating. If you just want the achievements, use a 100% savegame and get the rest of the achievements that didn't unlock yourself. There's only one hard achievement to get which is Human Lover (20 Multiplayer Wins vs Human Players). I don't like the singleplayer that much due to the annoying bonus targets. If it was just 'become 1st place and that's it' it would be a lot more enjoyable.

Multiplayer is phenomenal though and I like how pretty much every car in the game handles different and is useful in races. A well chosen soundtrack, good graphics, interesting customization and a big variety of muscle cars, this game is the number one racing game for true Muscle car fans! This is my absolute favorite racing game next to the competitive TrackMania United Forever. It is a fun casual racer but you can also aim to achieve best lap times for the leaderboards if you wish to be competitive. Overall, an amazing game to waste time with & have fun! Wreckfest is NUMBER ONE!
Posted July 12, 2020. Last edited July 12, 2020.
< 1  2  3 >