Recent reviews by Trehek

Love it. Story has poor pacing but the gameplay is so much fun!
Posted April 25.
Great game! Fun to play solo, with friends or just with random people. A lot to do and explore. The endgame does get tedious with tempered and arch tempered enemies becoming a huge grind for really rare drops. Eventually you just do a ton or work and get nothing new and useful. Still, overall, great game!
Posted April 23.
A completely new kind of game from From Software. It's quick, it's brutal and it's a dance I've been thoroughly enjoyed learning and gitting gud at.
Posted March 24.
The newest, most polished game in the series. It's a lot of fun and has a TON of content! Highly recommended as a wacky tactical team JRPG!

+ The port is working flawlessly for me.
+ Pretty good options in the settings, including choice of button prompts (keyboard/Xbox/PS)
+ A lot of returning characters recruitable as included DLC content right from the start (they come with OP weapons. discard them if bothered about story difficulty. Alternatively, increase difficulty by a star once you unlock the Cheat Shop)
+ Many quality of life improvements over previous titles. No more messing up your ultimate items. Recolor your dudes, teach them skills and evilities. Choose who you're controlling in the base. Choose music in the base and in the item world, even randomize or playlist. etc!
+ Very impressed by the Netherworld Editor. Add, edit and move stuff in your base and have your characters take over npc functions like the shops and dimension guide. You can even build a base from scratch or using any battle map as a starting template.

- A somewhat blurry choice of font, looks like a bold version of the PS font. People will complain that sprites are also 720p but that is incorrect! It's only the antialiasing. Turn it off and your sprites will look like the PS4 version!
- Map editor (multiplayer) is missing from the PC version. To me it's not a big deal, though. People mostly use it to make OP grinding maps anyway.
- The main cast and the story isn't quite as funny as the old games in the series. (But it's still pretty good)
- English voice actors sound uninspired, like they're reading out of a paper. Nothing like the greatness that were D1 Etna Mode and D3. Recommend using japanese voices.
Posted October 22, 2018. Last edited October 26, 2018.
Do not buy this game on Steam. Buy it at the official ESO site. Steam accounts have to login with Steam, and the Steam/ESO login server keeps having serious problems, preventing playing the game for days at worst. The base game is inexpensive so you won't gain much even if you buy it during a sale on Steam. Any expansions still need to be purchased through the in-game Crown Store or by activating a ESO Plus subscription, and the prices for both are the same on Steam and on the official site. Even if you buy the whole thing with the Summerset package, prices are the same on both sites.

YES recommended in general.
NOT recommended on Steam due to longtime unresolved problems.
Posted June 19, 2018. Last edited June 21, 2018.
Synopsis:
Anime clichés, a story with plenty of humour related to the gaming industry, fourth wall breaking, grinding for crafting unlocks, cuteness, boobs and panties. Sound interesting? If yes, you'll probably LOVE this game. If not, you'd better stay waaaay over there! No, a few more steps backwards ... there!

Bigger and better, Rebirth 3 takes the series back where it belongs.

Pros:
* Very funny (unlike Rebirth 2)
* UI and mechanics improvements over previous titles
* Bigger
* Best story in the series (so far)
* Friendly to people new to the series

Cons:
* Easy
* Lack of new moves
* Some 3d cutscenes still as low-res as in the previous ones

To me, Rebirth 2 felt lackluster after the first game. The story wasn't as funny or as long, and dialogue dragged on with neverending pointless Chirper messages. Rebirth 3 feels like it goes back to what Rebirth 1 was: hilariously funny and full of protagonist wackiness and fourth wall breaking. The story continues after Rebirth 2. It feels more developed, and thanks to its nature and Nepgear's helpfulness it's easily understood by new people to the series. All old characters in the series return as playable characters although all of them don't participate in the main story. There are also some great new additions to the cast.

There are several mechanics improvements which make me happy. EX and SP point systems have been merged which makes skill management a bit more interesting. UI in the menus have improved. Stella's Dungeon now has a friendly drop list for dungeons and monsters. The map is bigger, with multiple layers and screens, providing space for more dungeons. No more search spam for hidden treasures; they have a new mechanic and are spotted visually. Visuals are also slightly better. The gallery is big, there are plans for changing BGMs and old scenes can be reviewed.

Unfortunately at the point where I'm at, the game feels a bit too easy. When I played Rebirth 1 I didn't feel bad about turning on Easier Enemies. Now I feel like I want to turn on Harder Enemies instead. The combat doesn't offer as much to old players as it could. The old characters all seem to use their familiar moves. The graphics in some 3d cutscenes are blurry and low-res, which can probably be blamed on the PS VITA original.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this one! Jury is still out, but possibly the best in the series. Thumbs up!
Posted November 5, 2015.
Cliché anime mannerisms, a story with plenty of humour related to the gaming industry, fourth wall breaking, grinding for crafting unlocks and cute girl characters. Sound interesting? If yes, you'll probably LOVE this game. If not, you'd better stay waaaay over there! No, a few more steps backwards ... there!
Posted November 1, 2015.
While this offers more of what you get in the first game, I CAN'T RECOMMEND this one. It has several bugs which remain unresolved, one of them being a game stopper which has prevented me from completing the game.
Posted November 1, 2015.
A large-scale beat 'em up, aka. a musou game, following the genre of games like Dynasty Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. You beat up hundreds of useless mobs with devastating attacks and engage in fights with various characters from the series. Gameplay is easy - don't be afraid to turn on hard difficulty!

If you're interested in the genre or in One Piece, might as well give this a try. The game is easy but I think it's pretty fun. The port is bad, though, made from the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version (from which gameplay images in the Store are!!), so graphics aren't as good as they could and controller support is shoddy, but community to the rescue! Look in the discussions section for a solution to controller issues.

Story mode encompasses the entire One Piece story, from episode 1 to the completion of the Dressrosa arc, and definitely contains story spoilers for those who care!

I'll give this a cautious recommend but it is somewhat of a niche title. I do like it myself.
Posted September 1, 2015. Last edited July 31, 2016.
A dwarf builder which simply has too much waiting.
Posted March 24, 2015.